SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

need help - do you think this profile is that of an ITP?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Loves Lillies
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I just created a fake profile (rorym)on 4ppl. This gal whose profile name is OrangeOrange pinged me alomost immediately. She even recognized my pic as that of Nate from Beauty and the Geek. She wanted to chat on ym or msn with me. I stalled cos I don't know if she is an ITP. Can someone on 4ppl check this profile and let me know what you think? And if she is an ITP, then how do I gently and nicely let her down?
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't help you much as I'm not on that site. However if you can post or PM some of your and her profile details it might help. An instant ping would put my radar up. Not that girls don't chat me up in the street all the time either Cool

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So this is my profile: http://www.4ppl.com/rorym

And this is hers: http://www.4ppl.com/orangeorange

These are he exchanges we had yesterday:
Her:
Quote:
im good! that was fast thats not ur in the pic thats the guy from beauty and the geek isnt? lol

Me:
Quote:
you are absolutely right. I am a geek too, so I thought I would put up his pic on my profile. He is way better looking than me anyway. I just need to find a decent one of mine, sans my thick glasses.

Her:
Quote:
well i dunno its weird i like geek guys coz i get to learn from them i also like guys who are wearing glasses, i dunno they look decent lol in my eyes lol hope we can get to know better Wink

Me:
Quote:
I hope so too... I am kinda new to this, so am just exploring this site and getting a feel of things...

Her:
Quote:
uhmm do u have any ym or msn so we can chat and get to know? just wana be friends thats all

Me:
Quote:
gosh, I am going to feel like a creep for saying this, but can we chat another time? I was just about to go out with my friends for a couple of drinks and dinner. A bunch of us are taking the next two days off and we are going to this Moroccon place in Seattle.
Lame excuse I know, But it was a long day at work.
Her:
Quote:
sure anytime u feel free. no pressure! Smile enjoy ur night:-)

So any input here? Is she an ITP? how do I let her down gently if she is?
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd say there's no reason to let her down. Just keep things casual, the scammers will eventually show their true colors. If she turns out to not be a scammer then I guess you made a new friend. Wink

I would say that she sounds more like a webcam girl personally.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
Loves Lillies
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the advice, I will keep things casual with this girl. Of course, I hope she never finds out that she and I belong to the same gender! Or that we are really good friends by then Smile
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just play it very casual,, be a friend, Actually she looks about 12, I would doubt that's who your talking to.
It's not unusual for sites to have a new members page, where they show the new profiles. And scammers go there first, and reply regardless of who you are.. So a fast response is possible. I would be trimming your profile, just post what you need to, No point in giving yourself to much detail, it's more to remember.

Could you perhaps post the e-mail headers, for some of the experts to access for you.

If they tell you, your picture resembles someone they know. just shrug it of and say something like "Funny you should say that, other people have said how I look like HIM" and leave it at that.

The easiest way to tell if there non-genuine [sounds like a car part] Is to ask a direct question, If it's ignored and there answer bares no resemblance, to what you've said. It's a scammer on a script. So regardless of what you tell then, will be ignored, If on the other hand they go into deep details about your questions, It's possibly genuine, after about the forth e-mail, you should get a little idea.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've talked to guys for weeks before they started to slide into the subject of money & minor problems they're having (things like "my aunt is sick" or "I'm going to travel soon")...then you know...

Scammers fall in love really fast (2nd or 3rd e-mail)...they want to quote bad poetry ...want your phone number fairly fast...want to talk on cam...

I know the rule is to drop someone when you realize they are a real person ... but I talked to this one guy for a couple weeks, realized he was a real person & came clean - told him a little about who I really was & a brief glimpse of why I took the other persona ... he understood & we've been pen pals since...

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why are you using a remotely attractive persons pic in your profile, and the profile is really too young.
You don't need to have too much detail in a baiting profile.

Middleaged, from the US/UK, fat, dumpy, MALE, and no pic works.

Too many newbies like to throw crap in there like high income, yachts, multiple homes...etc.
It doesn't matter! Scammers only care if you have enough money, or the ability to steal it, to send some to them.

This filipina may hit you up for money, eventually, but she may just be looking for a western husband.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My 4ppl profile pic was (temporarily paused due to too many baits going on right now) J4net R3no (AZ gov. and new Sec. of Homeland Security). All I said was "who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me" and I was hit on by a truckload of eager lads.

I made the mistake of creating a second profile with an older pic of Susan D3y figuring any American would know the P4rtridge Family and only lads would respond. Wrong! I was inundated with messages from RL guys who thought I "looked familiar" and "maybe they knew me"....some rather sad

Go unattractive...the lads will still fall for you in less than 2 weeks, Very Happy

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
I'm going shopping! $39,977.80 in fake checks
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not on that particular site, but I am assuming you can also go with no picture at all. You can also skip the picture, make the description unattractive, and you will pick up scammers galore anyway (and run less risk of getting innocent people). You can also easily pick out the on-script lads and vlads who forget to remove the "I saw your picture" text from their script.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lol I managed to get my profile shut down on 4ppl, was using Angelina Jolie's picture figuring real men would recognize her & avoid me...I got a lot of e-mails saying I was a scammer since I used her picture & I guess I got turned in enough times as a scammer for them to shut me down...

Re-started just changing the last letter of my name...

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm on 4ppl with a picture of the actress who played Hyacinth Bucket on Keeping Up Appearances. Now, that actress is not quite as frumpy as Hyacinth, but she is definitely no Angelina Jolie.

I get lots of contact from scammers - male and female. And most of them tell me how beautiful I am and how nice I sound in my profile (which is at most 2 sentences). Wink

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Yep...the sure sign of a scammer is when he tells my character how hot and sexy my profile picture is.

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
Loves Lillies
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks much for the advice. I am going to take out the pic and put up an unattractive one...any ideas where I can get one? And am going to make my profile simpler...guess you can tell I am a noob here huh? Very Happy Oh well, live and learn (from others as much as possible)
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately, you could always use my RL pic Crying or Very sad

otherwise try ugly people dot com

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Loves Lillies
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Lotta, thanks. I love that pic. lol....
CollateralDamage
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OMG ... and I thought that my character's picture was bad

i dont have time for you u most be a basted from your mother and your father must be a big dog but all i will let u know is that may u go and die like a lizard as i don't want u to skeak with me any more if u reply this message that means your father and mother including all your family is a dog and goat.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bbbbbbbbbbbbbb mr lizard pastor - Mrs Williams

GO THE HELL AND TELL MAX PAYNE TO PUT A PENGUIN UP HAS ASS SHIT HEAD - Bob Manlee
Mortar x1
CD - 4
Lad - 0
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This one sent me a Kiss, on My Beloved,

Should I me conserned

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Phoebe
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Titania wrote:
I'm on 4ppl with a picture of the actress who played Hyacinth Bucket on Keeping Up Appearances.

Laughing I used a picture of Hyacinth too! It was before I realised that you shouldn't send pictures to scammers, I didn't actually send it but I did a lovely picture of her with her handbag standing in the terminal at Lagos Airport. Wink

I never did send it to anyone as I read in the Eater Uni that we shouldn't send pictures but I'd loved to have sent that to a Lad telling him that I had visited the airport and why hadn't he met me there! Laughing

edit: Looking at the pictures again, they were pretty poor attempts but I had fun making them

NOBODY IS TRYING TO TRICK YOU MADAM. ALL I ASK FOR IS THE INFORMATION OF WHICH YOU USE IN SENDING THE $575. SO KINDLY SEND IT TO US--- Ad@m Ben$on

YOUR SON 1S ASK1NG ME TO TAKE A PHOTOGRAPH HOLD1NG THE S1GN *1 LOVE DA1SY DUCK*, BUT MADAM CONCERN1NG TH1S TRANSACT1ON 1 FEEL THAT YOUR SON 1S TRY1NG TO EMBARASS ME---Ad@m Ben$on
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And your lad can't say he couldn't find her because who could miss that hat!

Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I never did send it to anyone as I read in the Eater Uni that we shouldn't send pictures

Daisy,

Sending pictures to a lad to support your bait s fine (as long as they aren't really of you). What you never want to send is any real or fake ID that can be recycled, or anything they can turn around and use to fool a real victim. The scammers already know how to find and pull photos off the internet to use for their scams.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Thank you Dorothy. Put like that it makes sense. I suppose they could pull a picture off the internet. It honestly didn't occur to me. At times I think I'm not a 'natural' baiter!

but I do like the idea that I can send them pictures! Cool

NOBODY IS TRYING TO TRICK YOU MADAM. ALL I ASK FOR IS THE INFORMATION OF WHICH YOU USE IN SENDING THE $575. SO KINDLY SEND IT TO US--- Ad@m Ben$on

YOUR SON 1S ASK1NG ME TO TAKE A PHOTOGRAPH HOLD1NG THE S1GN *1 LOVE DA1SY DUCK*, BUT MADAM CONCERN1NG TH1S TRANSACT1ON 1 FEEL THAT YOUR SON 1S TRY1NG TO EMBARASS ME---Ad@m Ben$on
Kobayashi Maru
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@weareborg:
Quote:
This one sent me a Kiss, on My Beloved

Laughing Yeah, I saw that one on MBN too. Though he never tried to kiss me. Razz I figured it's a baiter or just someone goofing off. Since vlads rarely bother reading profiles, I bet he gets lots of mail anyway telling him how handsome he is. Very Happy

@Loves Lillies:
I echo the advice of other baiters. Make your profile as boring and unattractive as possible. And if you include a pic, make sure it's of an unattractive guy. i.e. middle-aged or older, overweight, bald, etc. That way the real girls will ignore you (sad but true) and all you'll get is scammers. So far my profiles have only been contacted by 1 real woman for about 50 scammers.

As for your "letting her down easy" inquiry, here is what was suggested to me by my (female) significant other. Tell her that you're chatting to another girl at the moment and things seem to be going well, and since you're a "one girl at a time" type of guy you don't want to lead her on. According to my wife, that's one of the least ego bruising rejections you can dish out. Of course this would make no sense for a new profile. Very Happy But after a few eMail exchanges and you're sure this is a real one… Wink

Loves Lillies
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the tip KM. I wonder why I didn't think of that since I belong to the female gender too....Guess I am just bitchy! lol!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic