SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
swappingnames
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I answered a question on Yahoo Answers that said:
Quote:
Met her online, but things are moving too quickly..?
About a week and a half ago I met someone online, through yahoo personals actually. We have been corresponding through emails since then. The emails turned from petty "hello's" and discovery questions about each other to nearly "i am whole with you". we exchanged pictures and the whole jazz. some few emails later, we both started to gain deep trust and affection for each other, maybe even love. browsing through some past emails i realized one had some attachments that I havent checked. It was 2 more pictures of her, one was very discreet and pretty, and the other she was in a 2-piece and has the body of a model. Now this threw me for a loop...she was amazingly gorgeous and well, i am not even close to her physical level. now its making me wonder if this is all pointless words and emails, i mean why would she have chosen to keep talking to me when she is as beautiful as she is? i havent mentioned this to her, i really would hate to show my insecurity. maybe its all crap and just a game, or maybe she is serious, is there something in me she sees that no other women did? what should i do? keep in mind that my feelings for her are true and completely honest. Im just worried if hers are as well.

I said it sounded like a scam, and the person who posted the question emailed me saying:

Quote:
i checked out the link you provided (romance scams). And i am terrified right now. Everything checks out, i got maybe 5/6 questions right with her. This is a little creepy and I have no idea what to do now. Maybe I can lead on until we actually meet, or confront her discreetly about it. This is an amazingly scary situation, thanks for shedding some light on it.

what should i tell him/her now?

the link i sent her/him was romancescams.org, and he/she must have taken the quiz it has to help determine if it is a scam.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Our lovely brothers and sisters over at scamwarners.com will be able to help, but in short drop all contact and walk away. There will be no reprisals apart from getting extra spam.

They've no reason to be ashamed, and are lucky to catch it when they did. If you can get them to talk to their friends, church, community, local newspapers etc., they may be able to stop it happening to somebody else, so encourage that if you can, and really reiterate that they've nothing to be embarrassed about for just trying to find a soulmate.
swappingnames
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't replied to his message yet.
I've never dealt with this before.
swappingnames
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just replied:
Quote:
I suggest you just drop all contact with her. If you gave her your personal info(full name, address, phone number) it could be dangerous. Just ignore any further attempts she makes to contact you. She'll eventually give up.

is that ok?

[/quote]
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe downplay the danger - the reality is there really is negligible danger unless they really provoke them. If they'd rather send a final email saying "please do not contact me again", it may help them reach personal resolution. But the physical danger really isn't worth worrying them about - scammers expect legitimate victims to drop contact if they're rumbled, they'll be onto the next victim, they've no interest in anything but scamming cash. There's no harm them keeping an eye on their credit ratings just to make sure there's no identity theft attempted, but in all likelihood they'll just get more junk mail.

In reality, "she" is maybe 80% likely to be a Russian male, they hire models for the photos, and can talk as dirty as the next guy - no point telling them that though, it won't help their feelings, it's just for your info.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic