SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

what do they need

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

this is some of the reply i got from windows live mail after haveing trouble loging in is this correct or a hacker cos why should i give all this to them if they allready have it and they have my secrect word so why dont they ask for that first ??? or am i paranode and need some prozack ha ha

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to Windows Live Technical Support.

Your concern is important to us. We normally respond to our customers within 24 hours.
However, due to the large number of messages we received recently, we are sorry that we were unable to respond to your issue within this time frame.

Based on the subject of your support request, you are having issues accessing your for it has been compromised.

I could not confirm whether an unauthorized individual accessed your account or provide you any information about who may have done so, as all Windows Live Hotmail member information is confidential. I can only release it to law enforcement officials when served with a subpoena or criminal search warrant, in compliance with the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA).

Windows Live ID understands your need for security, privacy and convenience by allowing you to reset your own password. This will prevent Microsoft employees from knowing your password and regaining access to your account becomes faster and easier.

Before attempting to reset your password, I suggest that you first clear your browser's cache and delete cookies. The "Temporary Internet Files" folder store information your computer exchanges with the websites you visited. These files facilitate the communication between your computer and the websites. As time passes, these files become cluttered and can adversely affect communication. The clutter will have to be regularly cleaned to ensure seamless communication. To do this, please visit: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835/en-us

For instructions to reset your password, please follow the steps provided in link below:

http://help.live.com/Help.aspx?market=enUS&project=LiveIDv1&querytype=topic&query=Accountv1_PROC_SelectSecretQuestion.htm

Please note that you will be directed to Windows Live ID Help Pane. If you encounter any issues, kindly verify which of the steps did not work for you as we want to make sure the instructions are easy to follow.

If you encounter issues resetting your password online, you must provide more information to prove ownership of the account before we can send you an e-mail containing the link that will allow you to reset the password of your Windows Live ID. Please send us the information below.
( deleted to stop blow out )

Please put N/A or NONE if the question is not applicable.

1. Your Windows Live ID
2. Your first name and your last name
3. Your date of birth (month/date/year)
4. Your country
5. Your state (if applicable)
6. Your postal code
7. Your IP address List the IP addresses from each computer that you use to access your account. To determine your IP address, visit the following Web site:
http://www.whatismyip.com
The numbers that appear at the top of this Web page is your IP address.
8. The answer to your secret question
9. The "alternate e-mail address" that is on file for the account
10. Your Internet service provider. An ISP is a company that provides an end user with a connection to the Internet and other similar services, such as e-mail. Examples include MSNIA, EarthLink, and Comcast.
11. The last date and time when you successfully signed in

More information that may help us verify account ownership:

Windows Live Hotmail customers

12. The names of any folders that you created in addition to the default folders
13. Names of contacts in your address book (please include the e-mail address)
14. Subjects of any old mail that is in your Inbox or mail folders

Windows Live Messenger customers

15. Names of contacts on your contact list (please include the e-mail address)
16. Your Windows Live Messenger nickname (display name)

We appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. Thank you for using Windows Live ID.

Sincerely,

Windows Live Technical Support

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the header below it seems to come from microsoft but the id that i was given has extra letters at the start and end of it ????
sorry for the two posts but its the best i could do

Delivered-To: ###########@gmail.com
Received: by 10.223.113.142 with SMTP id a14cs158004faq;
Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:24:33 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.141.168.7 with SMTP id v7mr803272rvo.0.1229660672686;
Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:24:32 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path:
Received: from smtp.mssupport.microsoft.com (smtp.mssupport.microsoft.com [131.107.1.44])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id b8si14390924rvf.3.2008.12.18.20.24.31;
Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:24:32 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of IDENT.LVID.00.00.EN.SYK.MNL.TS.T01.SPT.00.EM@css.one.microsoft.com designates 131.107.1.44 as permitted sender) client-ip=131.107.1.44;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of IDENT.LVID.00.00.EN.SYK.MNL.TS.T01.SPT.00.EM@css.one.microsoft.com designates 131.107.1.44 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=IDENT.LVID.00.00.EN.SYK.MNL.TS.T01.SPT.00.EM@css.one.microsoft.com
Received: from tk5-exhub-e801.partners.extranet.microsoft.com (10.251.58.101)
by TK5-EXMLT-E801.partners.extranet.microsoft.com (10.251.58.30) with
Microsoft SMTP Server (TLS) id 8.1.291.1; Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:24:31 -0800
Received: from co1catsmtcss02.partners.extranet.microsoft.com (10.251.17.134)
by TK5-EXHUB-E801.partners.extranet.microsoft.com (10.251.58.56) with
Microsoft SMTP Server id 8.1.291.1; Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:24:30 -0800
Received: from mail pickup service by
co1catsmtcss02.partners.extranet.microsoft.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Thu,
18 Dec 2008 20:24:30 -0800
X-Mailer: Microsoft Avondale Mailer
X-SRX: 1088095760
Thread-Topic: SRX1088095760ID - Windows Live ID:Sign in and password:I think someone hijacked
thread-index: Aclhka+sZSFluL08RV6MGQi8tr00yg==
Reply-To:

To:
CC:
Subject: RE: SRX1088095760ID - Windows Live ID:Sign in and password:I think someone hijacked
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:24:30 -0800
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_37F12_01C9614E.A1894100"
Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
Importance: normal
Priority: normal
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.4325
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 19 Dec 2008 04:24:30.0255 (UTC) FILETIME=[AFB13BF0:01C96191]
Return-Path: IDENT.LVID.00.00.EN.SYK.MNL.TS.T01.SPT.00.EM@css.one.microsoft.com

------=_NextPart_000_37F12_01C9614E.A1894100
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

seems legit to me.

Fight My Brute
HaveFaith
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not legit.

Who ever is asking for everything to gain acess to your password!

Don't send them anything, Just ignore them.

Thay state that they will never ask for you password, just look at what there asking for. everything but your password. The fish smelling question is the answer to your security question...
Dont do it

na your papa you want do wash wash, you be small boy wa dey lean g and e nor go pay you. fool

Free Pastor Frank
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SRX##########ID is what was on the top of the email
########## was what i got for id ???? and i agree they should have my info and why havent they asked me my secret question to verify who i am ??
allso i did abit of googleing and found im not the only one haveing this problem and one of them i believe is from my tagged site ?? i have emailed her to see if it is her or some one else with the same name

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

With the grammatical mistakes in there and the fact that they want your info, I'd say this is 100% a scam/phish.
Also, from what I can find on the net, Microsoft will always address you by your first name and they will give the name of the tech support agent dealing with you.

Quote:
Based on the subject of your support request, you are having issues accessing your for it has been compromised.

They've missed out the word "account" and even with it, that sentence is badly written.

IP does trace back to Microsoft though.

http://www.botsvsbrowsers.com/ip/131.107.1.44/index.html

Possibly a spoof?

edit Can't read anything into the fact that they want your secret question. It seems Microsoft do ask for it when you mail them.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It SEEMS legit to me, because apparently the user ID has been tampered with, and M$ wants proof that you are the real owner of the Live account.

The message originates from MS, anything replied would go to MS, can't see a hacker getting the info (unless they hacked into MS, but then I assume they wouldn't need any Live passwords anyway).

Fight My Brute
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Wokabo, seems legitimate.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If it's consistent with a request you sent through their response/feedback system, then it seems like it probably is legitimate. The grammar is easily explained if Microsoft, like most of the major computer companies, is contracting tech support out to a country in which English is not a first language. I have seen the same types of language issues when contacting HP tech support and tech support for my web hosting company.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe it is very difficult to spoof an IP.

A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok im with havefaith even though it my be legit im not giveing out info to m$ i would prefere to open a new account and take my friends with me
m$ has not asked me my secrect question why ? BUT they have asked me what the secrect question is ???and they want me to give them every thing bare the kitchen sink ?? i have changed the pass words and secrect question only after replying to M$ that i had a problem and could not change it.
Than i got the email from (them) asking for all my info FISH SMELLING
i have sent a reply to M$ so i will see what they say Wink if they say any thing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic