SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

One for UK motorcyclists

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't take much notice of politicians, so I only just found out about this:

tax increase

There's an online petition here

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I note that that MCN petition was set up in March 2008.

As a result of that budget the road tax on my 'gas guzzler' car was due to double from £205 to £420 next April, which annoyed me so much (as I don't do a lot of miles) I was going to get my money's worth and buy a 3.5 litre V8 Jag and do it properly.

However, the Chancellor made a pre budget statement a couple of weeks ago that kicked this onto touch.

Maybe the same happened to the bike tax rises. I don't know that for sure, but it's worth looking into.

EDIT: Here you go: LINK

Quote:
Motorcycles and HGVs

The Chancellor also announced at Pre-Budget Report 2008 that vehicle tax rates for motorbikes and Heavy Goods Vehicles will be frozen in 2009.

This is how my car gets out of the increase:
Quote:
* Band K includes cars that have a CO2 figure over 225g/km but were registered before 23 March 2006. These cars will stay in band K.

Hold the V8.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ab5olutD
DB Please!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We're having exactly the same problem with the polution taxes for bikes in Spain. They are going to be more expensive than the car ones, even if we contaminate less.

That apart from the insurance price, the bad pavement on the roads, the car drivers who don't respect us, and of course, the crash barriers which act as f*****g guillotines when any of us fall down.

F3rnando Just1ce: "I have given all of my work just now to do this" (286 clicks, 5hrs 6min 34sec)
Hag0p L0utf1c: "you are eating CHICKEN,I am eating nothing,this is not justice"

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for a 100% risk free oportunity]</a> [Click here for WU, MG or BT forms]
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Roy - as far as I know it's stilll on the cards. Picked this up from a thread on the Yamaha Owner's Club forum - it's a current thread & people are still signing up.

another quote from the same thread;

Quote:
I have a 4x4, I don't murder people, or run over small children, or fluffy bunnies - It's a mode of transport that suits my location, weather etc. But I only do around 6000 mile a year in it, for which I have the privilege of paying £200 in RFL.

The bloke across the road has a Ford Fiesta and he does around 30,000 miles a year and pays around £80 a year.

I probably do less than 3000 miles per year in the car - wife does more than double, but I pay £65 per year more in car tax.

Perhaps an argument for scrapping car tax altogether & replacing with pay-per-mile?

Closed lad accounts x2

"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank

SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with the pay per mile thing.

The link I gave is from the Government's own website, issued after the pre budget statement - what part of 'will be frozen in 2009' do the YOC not understand?

Like the MCN petition, the thread will have been started before the pre budget statement, (Monday 24 November) and only saddos like me go through it line by line to find if anything is being done about thier RFL.

Perhaps you should tell them, iMike. Laughing

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
Perhaps you should tell them, iMike. Laughing

Just did Very Happy

It's a bit ambiguous - rates frozen in 2009, but is that at 2008 levels, or post-increase levels?

Closed lad accounts x2

SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We already pay per mile on the fuel tax, with the money we have left after they take the income tax and national insurance. Maybe we should have a tax tax... that 'ud lern 'em. Crying or Very sad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic