SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Getting back into this and need a little guidance...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
manichewan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it's been a while since i was involved in baiting, and with winter coming on, i thought i would get back into it. after setting up some profiles on some dating sites, i picked a person and started things up.

the email IP's that i've gotten have been resolving to a local internet provider in the US. everything about this guy screams scammer, but i want to be sure. i know that scammers use a lot of satellite providers, so it's tough sometimes to accurately pin-point their locations.

the service provider the lad is using is fuse.net, through cincinnati bell. so i'm just wondering.

so any guidance and advice would be helpful.

thanks all!
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Post up that all important header, and we can give you a more informed opinion.

If you've followed the usual romance modality, there is little, if any risk of ITP involvement. Somebody last week posted their romance site profile, and it was a bit too attractive, which therefore put ITPs potentially in the firing line. Your profile needs to have no photo, and you need to be a 45 or 50 year old loser that lives with her Dad still, and rears goats for a living. Mine is like that, (only I'm a male) so I'm confident that every 22 year old blonde supermodel that says she "likes very much my structure" is either a scammer, or at least blind. Laughing
If you've followed that, then you should have no worries, but post up that header to be sure. I'm also confident that if you have a scammer, money will be mentioned soon.

Are you baiting as a lady or a man?
(Edit: I see you're baiting as a lady). In that case, there will be other pointers. A redirected phone number, an Engineer stranded in Lagos... it should all add up.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
manichewan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thank you Mugatu,

i see where my mistakes are, mainly my character is a pretty 22 year old, seemingly normal. with a picture. and yes, my character is a female and i'm a male.

but to confirm my suspicions, here is the header information with my email address x'd out... and i guess i'll look at ending things.

Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.114.127.16 with SMTP id z16cs178637wac;
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:16:36 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.150.228.12 with SMTP id a12mr13252076ybh.212.1229375795184;
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:16:35 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from n65.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com (n65.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com [98.136.44.190])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id 2si20507816gxk.85.2008.12.15.13.16.32;
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:16:33 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 98.136.44.190 as permitted sender) client-ip=98.136.44.190;
DomainKey-Status: good (test mode)
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 98.136.44.190 as permitted sender) [email protected]; domainkeys=pass (test mode) [email protected]
Received: from [69.147.65.171] by n65.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 15 Dec 2008 21:16:32 -0000
Received: from [69.147.65.158] by t13.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 15 Dec 2008 21:16:32 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp406.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 15 Dec 2008 21:16:32 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 71572 invoked by uid 60001); 15 Dec 2008 21:16:31 -0000

Message-ID;DELETED - Page Blowout

Received: from [72.49.181.208] by web111116.mail.gq1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:16:31 PST
X-Mailer: YahooMailRC/1155.45 YahooMailWebService/0.7.260.1
References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:16:31 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: HI xxxxx
To: xxxxx <[email protected]>
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your "lad" appears to be based in Cincinatti, using fuse internet (which you knew already).
As far as I know, they are not a "satellite provider", more a local landline internet provider.

If he claims to live there, I don't see any reason to continue with him.
To me, the header checks out as a genuine guy.
No google hits on his IP, no hits on his email addy...

Just out of interest, what was it about him that screamed "scammer"?

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
manichewan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for the review Mugatu.

i think what made me suspect was his story. he says his parents are from africa, but he was born and raised in the US. his email grammar has that bad formal english that i normally see from the scammers in nigeria and the like.

i would think a person born in the US, there would be a more "American" feel to his writing pattern. not like this:

Quote:
how are you doing?fine i guess.if so doxology to Almighty GOD.i am really happy to hear from you.
Actually concerning the word love that i used,never mind i was plunge into that by the first impression i got from u.i like been naturally.there is a say that ''An impression without an expression is nothing but a depression''but i really mean no harm.I am not in a hurry rather,ur expression is quite comprehensive and it is ok with me too.

Well about me, I am Vincent as you know, I am 23 year old born from a family of five, still single and I got no kid. my parent are from Africa but I was born and brought up here in the United States and presently live in the U.S. I work in a health center as an asistance nurse and I intend going back to school next summer.
Well I want to let you know that I admire the way you wrote your mail, it goes a long way to show that you are a straight forward person.
I will be expecting to hear from you and don't over work yourself, you need to take some rest.

so unless he was completely sheltered in an African culture and environment his entire life here, i can't see why his emails are written like this. it just makes me wonder.

any thoughts?
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No google hits on any of his odd sayings... he's either genuine or a lad who hasn't been publicly posted yet. I think you're right to be cautious, but he doesn't appear to be using scripts at least...
For what it's worth, I agree that his English is not necessarily in keeping with someone brought up in the USA.

If this was me, I'd ride it out for just a little while and see what comes up, if you have the time. If you want genuine, no holds barred lad fun though, right off the bat, make a new unnattractive profile and see who likes you then. If your current profile is a pretty 22 year old girl, you'll never know for sure.

manichewan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks Mugatu! that's what i was hoping to hear.

and that's a good idea, i will ride this out to see how things go. if he seems too genuine, then i'll work in an old boyfriend.

and i'll put together a more proper character.

thanks for the guidance!

cheers!
manichewan
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

some tell tail signs I notice is by the 3rd e-mail she's in love, calling you pet names, may want your cell number so they can call you (I'm getting my own phone for this at tax time)...and reciting bad poetry...

guys seem to take longer to get around to the subject of money, they want you to get comfortable and trust them before they start to go after the green...I have one guy on the line for 3 months now, took him about a month before hinting he needed some money & seemed to be waiting for me to offer first, I offered advice...then he started to beg for money (he went to his brother's funeral & got stuck in nigeria - ip header showed he was always in nigeria)...I offered him 5$ at one point (my character was broke & eating beans & only had 15$ to my name) he took that as an insult...lol...but he came back for more Wink

I'd say stay on him for 5 e-mails, IM's and see how quickly they fall for you...if it is an innocent person you can always gently stop answering mail gradually..

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
manichewan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thank you for the advice Ivana.

my "lad" had told me he loved in his first email. the email i posted was from his second email, where i essentially told him to delay the wedding for now Very Happy

i will feel things out for a bit more and see where it goes, and if need be, slowly end things if he is an innocent person.

thanks all!

manichewan
Trickster
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It could be a scammer here in the US they may have scammed their way into the states and are just still keeping up its habits ..
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He could also be using a forwarding account.
As you've only supplied extracts , it's imposable to say who or what he is. post the complete file and we might have some idea, as quite often they use the same worded sort of script.

Personal, I would push on and see where it leads, it might take 20 e-mails but sooner or latter, he will want money or marriage, or it will just die out. Also the speed of the reply can be an indication of a scam.

And if it is genuine you can simply drop him or get Doctor Block to write to him and tell him you've died

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Has your lad given you a city/state yet?

I just might be willing to believe that he was raised in the US in a completely sheltered environment (e.g. homeschooled), except for this...

Quote:
I work in a health center as an asistance nurse and I intend going back to school next summer.

I don't care what the native language is, if you live and work here in a position requiring some education, you would know your own job title. So this screams "scammer" to me.

One possible thought--I know that one mail provider I used years ago had their own webmail system. I don't know if it was IP stripping, but it may very well have been. I'm wondering if there could be a way to use a US provider's webmail system or use some kind of VPN connection that would result in the IP's?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic