SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Help required

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
baiter_boi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

Can one of our resident experts have a look at the payment page on http://www.freebiegifts.co.uk/ for me please and confirm what I suspect. It appears that there is no encryption what so ever which means anyone putting their details on there are taking a big chance.

A fair few of my friends have been ordering stuff from there and I am a wee bit concerned.

Ta muchly Smile

<i><b>your mother was raped by a gang of imbecile and gave birth to a degenerate mother f****r like you<b></i>

New to 419? Sign up for a mentor
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

no security at all.

I guess you order your free gift, pay the P&P and .............

Nothing.

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
baiter_boi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks hitch, thats what I thought.

The site is full of tat basically but a couple of people I know have actually recieved the stuff they requested.

My worry is a couple of months down the line these peoples cards start getting some random charges. Sad

<i><b>your mother was raped by a gang of imbecile and gave birth to a degenerate mother f****r like you<b></i>

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FWIW, and in case it disappears:

Quote:
Domain name:
freebiegifts.co.uk

Registrant:
Expansive Media

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
The Basement Woodlands 79 High Street
Greenhithe
DA9 9RD
GB

Registrar:
Fibranet Services Ltd [Tag = FIBRANET]

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 03-Sep-2008
Renewal date: 03-Sep-2010

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns3.ukdnsservers.co.uk
ns4.ukdnsservers.co.uk

http://www.expansivemedia.com appear to be a PR/advertising agency. They brand USB sticks and the like with their client's names then give it out to promote the brands. Seems legit, but they have been bollocked by the Advertising Standards people: LINK
Quote:
The ad must not appear again in its current form. We told Expansive Media and the Mirror not to describe products as "free" if the ad did not include a route by which readers would pay no more than the genuine minimum unavoidable cost of delivery.

I would be careful we don't libel the company by declaring them scammers.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think this may possibly be dodgy.

Worldpay are a very secure method of payment, so you'd normally have no worries with them. However, when you click on a payment page with an authorised merchant, the page will redirect to the worldpay site while you enter your details. Your address bar will contain something like this:
https://select.worldpay.com/wcc/purchase
Once your payment is complete, you get redirected back to the merchant's site.
Notice how, on the freebie site, the URL does not change from their site.

It definately needs a close look...

Edited to avoid any possible slander.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris

Last edited by Mugatu on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
baiter_boi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugatu,

I noticed that too, I tried having a look at the page scource to see if I could see any clues in there but its all just double dutch to me Embarassed

Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Posted 10 days ago on the moneysavingexpert forums:

Quote:
Has anyone actually received anything from Freebiegifts AKA expansive media?? They took payment for p&p on 18th October but I still havent received my USB. I have now emailed them 4 times but no replies!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=15939619

Looking at various other bits on the web, they're not scammers, and they're not exactly fly by night, but they also don't seem the most scrupulous company. They remind me of something you might see on "Watchdog" or "Rogue traders".

Personally, I would avoid it, because I'm not sure enough. Sorry I can't be more definate than that.

Edited slightly to remove anything which could be construed as slanderous nastiness! Smile

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
baiter_boi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that Mugatu.

I think the main issue for me really is the un-encrypted card details, they could very easily be intercepted by a third-party.

Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Worldpay do use SSL encryption, I'm just not convinced either way at this stage as to whether "freebies" are using an up to date / authorised worldpay login. I'm looking into it at the moment.

baiter_boi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks m8, your a star Smile

I'll stay tooned for updates

Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just spoken with Worldpay, Expansive media are a confirmed customer of theirs and user of their services.

This from Worldpay's security FAQs:

https://worldpay.com/about_us/index.php?page=security&c=UK

Quote:
Security is probably one of the most significant concerns for both the shopper and the retailer during an online transaction. In reality, an online transaction is probably more secure than a card transaction in a shop or conducted over the telephone or by fax, as the information transmitted online is strongly encrypted using complicated logarithm combinations.

The WorldPay payment system uses a combination of both established and innovative techniques to ensure the security and integrity of all sensitive data. Furthermore, our public web servers are certified by Thawte, a public Certificate Authority, ensuring that both the shopper and retailer can have confidence that nobody can impersonate WorldPay to obtain confidential information.

Transaction Encryption
The transfer of the purchase details from the retailers site to Worldpay are encapsulated using our own encrypted and digitally-signed protocol. This uses a combination of standard methods such as PGP, RSA and MD5 to ensure that the information passed is secure and tamper-proof via SSL.

Security for the Shopper
Any communication between the shopper and WorldPay is also encrypted to the maximum strength supported by the shopper's browser using 128 Bit SSL. Shoppers are also protected from fraudulent use of their card in a "card not present" environment, by their card issuers. The card issuers provide the right for shopper to dispute a transaction if the goods/services did not arrive or if the card was used fraudulently.

I'd say that your card details are safe.... I just wouldn't necessarily bank on recieving your USB stick! Laughing

baiter_boi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seems even more strange that both Firefox and IE show no encryption whatsoever for that page then. Rolling Eyes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic