SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Serious flaw in Internet Explorer (Patch now released)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Serious flaw in Internet Explorer not fixed yet (AP)

Posted on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:40PM EST

SAN FRANCISCO - Users of all current versions of Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer browser might be vulnerable to having their computers hijacked because of a serious security hole in the software that had yet to be fixed Monday.

The flaw lets criminals commandeer victims' machines merely by tricking them into visiting Web sites tainted with malicious programming code. As many as 10,000 sites have been compromised since last week to exploit the browser flaw, according to antivirus software maker Trend Micro Inc.

The sites are mostly Chinese and have been serving up programs that steal passwords for computer games, which can be sold for money on the black market. However, the hole is such that it could be "adopted by more financially motivated criminals for more serious mayhem — that's a big fear right now," Paul Ferguson, a Trend Micro security researcher, said Monday.

"Zero-day" vulnerabilities like this are security holes that haven't been repaired by the software makers. They're a gold mine for criminals because users have few ways to fight off attacks.

The latest vulnerability is noteworthy because Internet Explorer is the default browser for most of the world's computers. Also, while Microsoft says it has detected attacks only against version 7 of Internet Explorer, which is the most widely used edition, the company warned that other versions are also potentially vulnerable.

Microsoft said it is investigating the flaw and is considering fixing it through an emergency software patch outside of its normal monthly updates, but declined further comment. The company is telling users to employ a series of complicated workarounds to minimize the threat.

Many security experts, meanwhile, are urging Internet Explorer users to use another browser until a patch is released.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stupid Micro$oft.

That's why I use Firefox.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

me too

hubby is raving about stumble upon

but I've just found one of the kids is using IE on their laptop, soon to be sorted
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nany can you point me to fire fox for noobs Laughing please thank you

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

google firefox
install
use

you can transfer your bookmarks from IE
it takes a while to get out of the habit of clicking the big red X in the corner to close windows but its basically the same as IE
but better
and cudllier
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thank you nanny bow_down

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not to mention FF has a lot more add ons that are great for baiting, the best possibly being Gmail Manager. It will allow you to check all your gmail accounts on the bottom of the FF window at one click and see if any of them have responses. Very helpful tool.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Google Chrome is also very good, fast and very straightforward to use.

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok now im confussed should igo for this or that i need a K I S S one for noobs Embarassed

Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My mum loves Chrome!! If she hasn't used the computer for more than 2 days I have to switch it on for her!!

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cant really comment on Chrome, always meant to look at it
I know that you dont need to uninstall IE to use firefox so its possible to have both on your machine
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Spudz wrote:
My mum loves Chrome!! If she hasn't used the computer for more than 2 days I have to switch it on for her!!

Thats me my kids call me fossell
my wife is allways up me cos i have to many things open
No not my fly (for the smart asses)

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Skyhook, go to www.mozilla.com/firefox/ to find Firefox, Google can take you places where they will charge you for it, or sign you up for something.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
AllaFlardow
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chrome isn't perfect, it still has a lot of bugs, we are tested it on office.
+1 for Firefox Smile
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~ Roycropper,

thanks i like what im reading about it so far
im thinking of loading it onto my old puter to get a feel for it and if i like it load it on to my newer one Laughing
i only have my wifes handmedowns Crying or Very sad

OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FF should run fine on just about any pc, even a hand-me-down Wink

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

WHATS THE DIFFERANCE BETWEEN THE US AND BRITISH VERSION??

Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Spellings, such as colour/color

NIGERIA HE GOAT

A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OW like woolyjumpers/kangarroos Wink

hum should i go for blue or blew Laughing Laughing
BluthBanana
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Regarding what OD said, I don't know how I ever baited using Gmail without FF's sweet, sweet Gmail Manager add-on. It makes life so much easier now!

I use a combination of FF and Chrome. I can't remember a time when I used explorer voluntarily for just such reasons.

Tattoo Mortar x11 Closed lad accounts x17 Safari x3

United States Thailand Switzerland Nigeria Sweden x115

pony Golden Goat Goat x2 Mc Fry

Art baits: X-Wing

419 Eater Theatre: The Hitchhiker

Lads & Crocodiles:
Safari x3 Vcamera x3 {John} {Willie} {Kingsley}

Safari x2 - . Vcamera .

"I will never forgive you for all the pains, trouble, frustrations, strandedness and disappointments you have caused us." - David
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok its loaded now i have to unlearn my old ways and relearn firefox way typing beating beating ow it better all ready it seems quicker. And the emoticons dont go away so i can get more than one with out haveing to find them again

Roger The Cabin Boy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Firefox is tops, FoxTor, Exif Viewer.. jees, dunno where I'd be without it. IE is a pile of old ladies pants by comparison!

eror
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use firefox, But I would also reccomend "google-chrome" for those less 'technical' people...

(This is coming from a firefox fan Cool )

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You mean someone out there still uses IE? Shocked
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a techtard so I have no opinion. However I'm sure some of you Firefox folks will have plenty to say. (BTW, I use Firefox and IE equally)

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/111811

Please discuss.[quote]

can i say i have loaded ff .
not because of news reports but because i wanted some thing better for my gmail we will see if it is better for a fossell nob like me ok im going to fly my kite (12 meters of it )so im a young at heart fossell Laughing Laughing
hope i dont get winded again Embarassed Embarassed
nope didnt wind my self but my kites got a large ffffffff rip in it Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 2 ripped kites i one week :yikes: Rolling Eyes crying

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic