SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scammers posing as members of the US Military

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
IC_Pies
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scammers that pose as members of the US Armed Forces really piss me off, as I'm enlisted in the US Air Force (Haven't shipped yet, not active, don't ask for rank/AFSC/etc Razz). I can pick out SO many wrongs in what they say, which makes it easy to determine that they aren't real (Showing high ranking officers in infantry positions, horrifically fake IDs, using first name after their rank, etc). Seriously, they're better off as misguided children trying to inherit their father's money or something. I'm glad that the only scammer from the shuttle service which I've hooked so far is one of these idiots...because I'm going to have a lot of fun with him. Though I doubt he's really in Iraq, I'm sure that I can do a few things with him.
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have fun with your Sgt. from the 3rd Armored Division.
They are always Sgts from the 3rd.... Laughing
Welcome to Eater. Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All scammers piss me off.

Playing the part of a US soldier is no different to a lad than playing the part of a widow who's riddled with cancer, or an orphan whose parents were murdered by a dictator, or a hitman threatening to assassinate his victim, or ... and so on.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When dealing with them, don't use military terms like LES or TDY or Article 15 and such, as this turns them off. Use stuff you see in movies like full Metal Jacket.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
IC_Pies
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, this kinda just affects me personally, as I'm a (inactive, soon to be active) member of the military. I guess that's what they're aiming for. Though this one claims to just be a captain...going off as "Captain Scott" The (obviously fake) ID says he is part of "Special Fighting Forces". The ID is just a bunch of images typed onto an American Flag, with the Eagle Globe and Anchor (with a small white background, no less) to the side. I'm going to mess with him, see if I can make him screw up his information in the future, since I have a bit of military knowledge behind me.

Though, honestly, what are the chances of him being in Iraq, opposed to Africa? If he's really over there, I can have fun with safaris (maybe in the future of the bait). If he's not, of course he'll never want to travel. I'll start posting my correspondence with this fool once I get the ball rolling faster.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He won't be in Iraq. Wink

Please, do DE-educate him about the military to make his scamming skills even worse.

I recently reported and killed a domain being used for one of these kinds of scams. It was a USNavy domain and in his email, the lad claimed to have joined the army last year. Yes, he was a Sgt. I think Sgt and Captain are the only ranks they know. Maybe you should teach him some "new" ranks? (ones that don't really exist). Twisted Evil

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IC_Pies wrote:
Though, honestly, what are the chances of him being in Iraq, opposed to Africa?

Zero.

It's a script, a part he plays as part of his, um, job. It's a means to an end. There's nothing personally vindictive in him choosing to be a US soldier. It's just any one of a number of roles he is probably playing, all with equal lack of attention to detail and plenty of mistakes that anyone with a personal interest in that situation will see immediately.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~ IC_Pies,

You'll find a treasure trove of military folks around these parts. If BA stops by, I'm sure he can give more insight than I could. One thing I can tell you though, is that we approach lads with a "guilty till proven innocent" attitude. Nothing they ever say is true till you see proof and should be treated as such.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
BrownFedora
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tell the scammer I have on the line right now (Who's pretending to be in the army in Iraq), to avoid LED's.

I'm going to keep at it until he gets it through his head that he needs to tell me and everyone else that he narrowly avoided an LED attack.

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just make sure they all sign off with "Slemper Fy" Wink

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

An LED attack? Classic! Semper Fy!

Ima, Assistant Leftenenant Commander, Pay Grade Y. Little known...

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
IC_Pies
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RE: what are the chances of him being in Iraq, opposed to Africa?

I only asked that because I have heard of "Iraq Lads"...though I guess I should get the safari idea out of my head. Say, how would he pick up WU transfers to Iraq, from Africa? Maybe there's some other scheme going on? Hmm...
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rule #1 Lads Lie

Rule #2 If in doubt see Rule #1

As for the WU pickup-all they need is the MTCN/security question/sender details-this varies depending on where your lad is-they do not need to be where you think the money is going. It can be picked up anywhere.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
IC_Pies
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know lads lie, I'm pretty aware of the fact >,> It's just that some of them irk me, or are outstandingly stupid. I just reviewed the "military ID" that this lad sent me, and I nearly keeled over laughing. The person in the picture is clearing wearing a US Army uniform (It even says "US Army" on his chest) and the dumbass lad reposted his "serial number" twice...the second time he wrote 'US Army" next to it. Smooth move, exlax. I really need to start copying and pasting shit into this thread, or something. I'll link to his "ID" and picture he sent a little later too. This is just too funny.

I wasn't aware of the WU thing though (but he's asking me weird shit like the nearest airport to me, seems completely out of touch of WU). Anyhow, I typed up a response to his latest bout of [lies] which I'm going to quote, and as it stands now, I'm going to make an "ID" for him to look over for myself.

IC_Pies wrote:
Captain Scott wrote:
My contact address is 401 Dewy Ave Seattle, Washington 98101. My phone number is 206-426-6896, and I can't quite find a copy of my ID card yet. The nearest airport to me is the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Also, being a former Marine myself, I wonder why you don't sign your emails with the trademark "Slemper Fy"? I used to whenever I served, though of course being a businessman now, I don't. It just seems odd that a marine wouldn't sign his emails or letters with it. Also, what paygrade are you? RT-5 or RT-6? And good luck with your promotions to Leftenant, I know that if you don't get promoted within 6 months of turning 35, you get booted. By the looks of it, you must have just turned 35, so congratulations on that. Slemper Fy, my brother, Slemper Fy. Get back to me asap.

-Indiana Calbs Pies, Director of Pies Institute of Fine Arts

All of the personal information above is completely fake(just made up on the fly), btw, so I'm not worried about it being posted.

Replaced inaccurate, offensive term with "[lies]". -luckey

Last edited by IC_Pies on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IC_Pies wrote:
as it stands now, I'm going to make an "ID" for him to look over for myself.

We do not send ID's (of any sorts) to lads that they can recycle to use on real victims and whilst what you sends may be obviously fake to you, that may not be the case to someone else in another country.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
IC_Pies
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Edited that out, making up an excuse to him, didn't quite think about it until a second ago.

Removed full quote from post above. Please do the same, it makes things much easier to read. -luckey
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
One tactic to use when they ask you for ID is to copy a system file xxxx.dll from your Windows directory to your temp directory, then rename it license.jpg

He'll complain the first time you send it, then you can use the "What Operating System are you using?" modality on him. Very Happy

After a couple of attempts, he'll forget all about wanting to see your ID Cool

"Sir I sworn an oath as a legal luminary to defend your cause in all ramification from the armpit of the law" - Barr. W4k4r4 Iss4c
pony pony pony Mortar x6 Closed lad accounts x25
Click here to help your lad miss his scam quota
IC_Pies
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good call, thanks. I already sent it (dammit!) but next time he responds, not only will I pull that, but I'll post all communications between him and I in this thread, along with the fake ID (which is so laughably stupid). I think maybe you guys will feel a bit of contempt too...or you probably can't anymore, since you've been doing this far longer than I have XD.
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
It's still part of the fun for me, when a lad sends a format or piece of ID that is totally pathetic-
I try to complement them on the really trashy stuff, as part of "de-education".

If they send a very good fake, then it's always a good idea to point out imagined "flaws", such as "Why doesn't your Military ID have your home address on it?"

or "All US drivers' licenses list parents' names and DOB on them"

Cheers

"Sir I sworn an oath as a legal luminary to defend your cause in all ramification from the armpit of the law" - Barr. W4k4r4 Iss4c
pony pony pony Mortar x6 Closed lad accounts x25
Click here to help your lad miss his scam quota
Hermes
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another way of confusing the lad's is to lie about where the us have been, 'What you been in the army for 4 years and you have not been posted to 'Zigg Zigg' island...wow the women are great and the booze is dirt cheap, its just the hordes of dodo at night that worry me!' heheheheheheheheeh

not that i'd do that.......
IC_Pies
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The only thing I"m afraid of is his catching on to me making jokes, and pretending like I think he's legitimate...I mean, he can't possibly think that a former marine (my char, of course XD) would fall for his shit? I mean, he posted a picture of a female in fatigues for crying out loud! Oh, and I would have posted my correspondence with him in this post, but I'm currently at school (doing an essay on advance fee fraud, no less, still trying to find some hard copy non-internet reliable sources). I'll get that tonight.
misterdeeds
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I got the same email you did. I am gonna hae fun with this bastard. I know people in the Africa Command and its gonna be fun. I think I may even send him on a safari to meet CSM d1ck J4ckm4n. He thinks we served together in S0mali4 at C4mp Lagonooki.

"NA GOD GO PUNISH U IDIOTE" Barrister Dasilva
"WHY NOT YOU GO TO HELL AND DIE A HUNDRED TIMES?" American Banking Austria
"YOU CAN NEVER CHOP MY DOLLAR BECAUSE YOU ARE A DEAD APE" - Victoria Mark
"LISTEN YOUR APPLICATION IS OVERDUE WE DONT ENTERTAIN JOKES HERE" - UAE Immigrations
United Arab Emirates Closed lad accounts x14
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@IC_Pies:
The lad has no awareness of the mistakes he's making and is trying to sound legimate. Why would he have a thorough understanding of the US military? He's just using the modality. Please do not point out any of his mistakes to him and remember that while these may seem like glaring errors to you because of your knowledge, they may not stand out to people who don't share that knowledge. Many of the potential victims will be non-military or from a country outside of the US. They won't see the mistakes that you do. You wouldn't immediately recognize errors in a field in which you have no expertise.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
IC_Pies
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Misterdeeds, you should ask when he's getting promoted to Leftenant, as he gets kicked out soon if he doesn't (since he just hit 35). Also, ask about paygrades RT-5 and RT-6. Yeah, I'm really fucking with him XD I'm trying to convince him that he MUST be promoted or he can't be in the military..though of course, there is no such thing as Leftenant in the US Military, or RT paygrades XD.
misterdeeds
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Naah, I am gonna prep him for a roadtrip. Sİnce my severe wounding I work for the military cargo service. I travel quite a fair route between the US, Europe,Iraq, and Africa as a courier and inspector.

"NA GOD GO PUNISH U IDIOTE" Barrister Dasilva
"WHY NOT YOU GO TO HELL AND DIE A HUNDRED TIMES?" American Banking Austria
"YOU CAN NEVER CHOP MY DOLLAR BECAUSE YOU ARE A DEAD APE" - Victoria Mark
"LISTEN YOUR APPLICATION IS OVERDUE WE DONT ENTERTAIN JOKES HERE" - UAE Immigrations
United Arab Emirates Closed lad accounts x14
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic