SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why Eater is the best

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
-C-
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've made some comparison lately with other forums I frequent as a lurker and made some observations. Simply put, the answer to the topic is: because we don't have these.

Quote:
How to regognize a forum whiner?

1. Topic is agressive/frustrated. "OoW (Object of Whining) sucks!!!!!111"

2. Topic is started after being beaten in an online match.

3. Topic includes word under- or overpowered. "OoW is underpowered!", "OoW is overpowered". Can also include words "Über" (usually spelled "Uber") or "Nerfed".

4. Whiner's side is always underpowered or nerfed. The opposing side is always overpowered or uber.

5. If it is possible to play two different sides in the game (for example Allied and Axis) a forum whiner always plays only one side and ardently refuses to play the other.

6. In some cases may insult the players of the other side with funny historical names, for example referring to the players of the axis side as "Nazis". Especially true if these particular individuals happen to disagree with the whiner.

7. If a disagreeing person can't be insulted with anything personal, he can always be called fanboy. For example "Why am I wasting my time here, arguing with the fanboys?!"

8. Also if a disagreeing person can't be insulted with anything personal, he can always be called "n00b" because the whiner has bigger post count.

9. Can't be proven wrong. When in doubt, starts calling the opposition by names.

10. Freedom of speech in forums means that you are allowed to call anyone who disagrees with you with most colorful and imaginary insults and accuse them of flaming when they use similar insults against you.

11. Gets banned on regular basis for insulting the other forum members. Will come back after a while to demand his freedom of speech and accuse the moderators for being fascists (and usually fanboys too).

12. If a player of the other side starts a topic discussing the possible problems of his side, no matter how the opinion is expressed, a forum whiner will always come to the thread and shout "Stop whining lol!!!!111".

13. Will try to change every possible thread's topic to discuss the apparent problems of the game. Even if the original topic was about how cute the kittens are.

14. Believes in a big global conspiracy against his country, especially if the game is not made in whiner's country.

15. Politics is a topic related to EVERYTHING.

16. Loves the word "patch". "Where is my patch?!", "Fix this in the patch!" "Why is the patch late again?!"

17. Quotes a long post as a whole and says "Disagree".

18. Creates a thread about the same topic every week even when the old thread(s) is/are still active.

19. If whining about anything being underpowered, puts the word "my" in front of the OoW. For example "My Tiger tank is underpowered!" or "My P-51 should be much better!"

20. If the game has historical context (World War II for example), whiner always finds quotes and numbers to support his claims and happily ignores all the quotes and numbers that are against his claims.

21. Whiner will always find an ace who flew whiner's favourite plane/drove his favourite tank /commanded his favourite naval vessel. After that whiner will start a topic where he will loudly wonder why he can't do exactly as well in the game as the ace did in real life after playing for whole five minutes.

22. Whiner will always find smaller whiner to admire and support him.

23. Whiner will always find someone from the other side and call him whiner.

24. If the game gets a sequel, it sucks. Period. If it is somehow different to the original game it's not canonical enough and if it's similar to the original game, it's just a clone meant for ripping off innocent customers.

25. Whiner knows the sequel sucks years before it has been released. Will still buy the sequel and play it for an hour. After that will rush to the forums and create ten threads which all containt the same "I told you so" message.

26. If possible to have an answer from the dev. team (and sometimes even when it isn't), whiner will insult them and loudly accuse them of bias.

27. The first message of the topic includes sentence "Dev. team should fix this!"

28. Expects the dev. team to apologize and correct "the problem" within an hour.

29. Has many persons. For example "We pay your wages so you should listen to what we want" or "We don't like this!"

30. Always wants new playable stuff because it's "vital" and the game "is not complete without it." After getting it, comes back in a month demanding something else.

31. Complains about playable stuff he got for free in a patch because he isn't interested in it. Starts demanding something else (see previous.)

32. If the new playable stuff is interesting, it's not modelled correctly (most often it's underpowered or nerfed).

33. Knows everything about game making and how easy it is to create new content for any game. Still refuses to contribute anything himself.

34. Everything said by the dev. team is a promise. If "the promise" is not fulfilled, the dev. team is just a sorry bunch of liars.

35. Will threaten not to buy the future products and/or leave the forum for good if "the problem" is not fixed.

36. Even if the whiner leaves, he will always be back in less than a week to let everyone know how much the game being discussed sucks.

And I guess if we had any forum whiners, they would now come and call me an Eater fanboy Very Happy.

Pith Helmet Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso -> Lome, Togo

Pith Helmet Joseph: Accra --> Lome. "IT WILL BE GOOD FOR YOU TO STOP FOOLING AROUND INTERNET OKAY."

"YOU WILL REGREAT INSULTIN ME. WATCH OUT AS THE TUNDER STROKES." -Idi.

"Hello", "Hello", "Are you a pineapple?" "Yes." -Phone conversation with a random lad now only known as "Mr. Pineapple".
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

fanboi noob

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, one main difference is that Eater is collaborative as opposed to competitive. Sure, we have our attention whores *cough* JoJo *cough* but by and large, we all work for the common good: beating up the lads and helping victims in the process (or directly thru ScamWarners).

The best part is that there is no one way to do all this -- everyone can contribute in the way they see fit -- and it all works.

And of course, my leadership has been invaluable.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
luckey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JMRazor wrote:
Well, one main difference is that Eater is collaborative as opposed to competitive. Sure, we have our attention whores *cough* JoJo *cough* but by and large, we all work for the common good: beating up the lads and helping victims in the process (or directly thru ScamWarners).

The best part is that there is no one way to do all this -- everyone can contribute in the way they see fit -- and it all works.

Disagree.

Please don't quote the post right above yours. It's right there and we can all see it. kthxbye -- Dev. Team

Mr_Happy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would just like to state that I'm nearly 40 and do not understand some of the wording used. This may relate to my age, and/or this may be the fact that I dont hang around 'those' sort of forums. But I'm still hip and happening and can get down with you young dudes.

actually, I'll be in the corner having a cup of tea.
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You've just brought back almost all the reasons i had happily forgotten about why I gave up WoW Evil or Very Mad

You forgot Server down, where's my free 37.15 minutes????

and Leet!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

@ Mr_ Happy, No sugar please Laughing

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about

Last edited by Spudz on Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
-C-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*Admires and supports luckey*

Pith Helmet Joseph: Accra --> Lome. "IT WILL BE GOOD FOR YOU TO STOP FOOLING AROUND INTERNET OKAY."

"Hello", "Hello", "Are you a pineapple?" "Yes." -Phone conversation with a random lad now only known as "Mr. Pineapple".
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Luckey - please don't quote the whole post above yours, we can see it. Wink

N00b.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do some gaming, and loath going to game forums.

But if you want some real heat, visit some A/V, Audiophile websites. Talk about the minutia being argued. There are some EE geeks that argue about the electrical resistance of various brands of speaker wire.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
U. Sir Name
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My observation on this topic is that the author drinks way too much Red Bull (or other stimulant), and lost me after the first sentence. BTW... Where's my patch?

Please take note my name is DAKORU BAKARE and not Bukake

i got your ATM card and you come and bring your information and also pay your $95 charge and collect the God dam card ok.

ok sorry i got you message, and i going to go fuck myself as you said. thanks very much.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

luckey wrote:
Disagree.

OMG ROFLMAO! JMR totally pwned, n00b!

LEEEEEROY JENKINNNSSS!!!!

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Nobody talks about Leroy Jenkins anymore, get with the times old man!

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JMRazor wrote:

I Could not agree more. Laughing

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

You will get 1,000 extra bonus gold.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lol, if you think thats bad, then head over to the Vestibule at the barren worthless void of disgruntled bald chronic masturbaters (otherwise known as IGN). It's like signing up there makes you an idiot. They charge you just to use simple forum functions like having an avatar or using a font of a different color. I used to post there when I was thirteen but grew out of it quickly as even I could tell how many people over there were immature morons.

As far as all those whining points, I couldn't agree more. However, you forgot one; "You send the whiner a private message and that whiner will send you an insult then automatically put you on ignore so you can't say anything back". They are also known as griefers.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
-C-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ex. wrote:
It's like signing up there makes you an idiot.

I think we just found the inspiration of <a href="http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20080227">this</a> then Laughing.

jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JMRazor wrote:

Eater is a really nice place. For the most part, there are a good group of people here. You have lice-cocked turdfondling mod(s) like Razor. But he is the only one really. Otherwise, it's a great site!

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

-C- wrote:
I think we just found the inspiration of <a href="http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20080227">this</a> then Laughing.

IGN ruined me as a forum user in general. They taught me to hate my country, that post count makes a better user/player, 911 is a conspiracy, and they gave me an uncontrollable addiction to porn which was super hard to break. If you don't believe thats what they think, go check out the Vestibule forum on their boards.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
luckey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I blame society. Society made you what you are.

larry
Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gaming? Isn't that the VLT's in the corner of the bar? Cool

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

luckey wrote:
^^I blame society. Society made you what you are.

I blame the corporations. (Insert country's name here, usually the US) and its citizens are being raped by them for money, thus destroying their spirits and increasing their thetan levels.

Last edited by Ex. on Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr_Happy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the problems with the other sites is that their enemy is amongst them (ie. each other) Therefore, there's in-house fighting

Eater only has the one enemy and thats the lads. Basically we use a different lingo to the other sites, but we still have terminology and phrases here which baffles newcomers (and oldies). We wind them up, call them names, and laugh at their stupidity amongst ourselves, just that the lads dont come over here and read much. So taking that into consideration, we're pretty much like the other sites, just with the fussing and the feuding outside the forum
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@mr_happy I agree completely. We are focused on the lads. There is also a bit of a "public service" angle which appeals to baiters as well.

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Now we will hear the whining! Laughing
Cripe, PF!! Now you've gone and done it!

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic