SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Should I tell the 'victims'

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
grooble
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got a mail from f1d3l1tyfundm@anager[at]f1del1ty.c0.uk with a different reply address.

With links to both a real f1d3l1ty site and a newspaper article about the appointment of our lad as fund manager. Both links are kosher.

I intend to have a bit of fun with him but should I 'accidentally' reply to the good email (and escalate to abuse and postmaster) to alert them to what is being done in their name?

They are almost sure to close him down but if I were them I'd want to know about someone messing up my credibility. It's a big issue in fund management.

Edit:
If anyone else wants to play:
shah[currrent year]ukfd[at]02[dot]pl

Running whois gives presences in paris and bogota and his mail address is 02 poland. A bit of a cosmopolitan.

"Please i very angry with you John.You disrespect me very bad.I no happy." - p@k5w@ng Dec 2008
"WE WISH TO CONFIRM IF YOUR SERIOUS OR NOT BECAUSE YOUR MAILS SOUNDS AS SOME ONE WHO DOESN’T KNOW AND UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS DOING" - Fr3d D4n13ls Jan 2009
At me from it already the head to break up - N4t0li4n4 gives her testimonial to M7CN S3cur3. 649 clicks and counting
you’re a great liar and sounds like a criminal too - Fr3d D4n13ls - Feb 2009
Not to worry as soon as we get it rolling everything go according to plan - p@k5w@ng Feb 2009 (that's what you think m8 )
spot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I suggest that you write back to him and have fun !!

Maybe you could write your entire reply in LEET and really confuse him Smile

grooble
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I leave the l337 to my sys admin from hell (safh). He's a foul mouthed pervert into all kinds of deviance and will turn off access at the least provocation and openly admits stealing from the mark by intercepting his bank transactions.

My mark is a dumb user who's only had email for a month. He's a bit old and gets confused easily, especially when he washes his painkillers down with brandy.

mr sh@h has not had the safh treatment yet. The pleasure of being bogged down in error messages, requests for config files and incomprehensible log files is yet to come.

I should have been an actor. An evil actor who likes hurting people.

"Please i very angry with you John.You disrespect me very bad.I no happy." - p@k5w@ng Dec 2008
"WE WISH TO CONFIRM IF YOUR SERIOUS OR NOT BECAUSE YOUR MAILS SOUNDS AS SOME ONE WHO DOESN’T KNOW AND UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS DOING" - Fr3d D4n13ls Jan 2009
At me from it already the head to break up - N4t0li4n4 gives her testimonial to M7CN S3cur3. 649 clicks and counting
Not to worry as soon as we get it rolling everything go according to plan - p@k5w@ng Feb 2009 (that's what you think m8 )
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

grooble wrote:
Got a mail from f1d3l1tyfundm@anager[at]f1del1ty.c0.uk with a different reply address.

With links to both a real f1d3l1ty site and a newspaper article about the appointment of our lad as fund manager. Both links are kosher.

Far more likely is that the From address is just spoofed (trivially easy), the lad is in Lagos, and that Fidelity (I'll spell it right for the spiders to find) are the innocent victims of having their reputation used by crooks against the IT un-savvy. By all means call them and let them know, although they probably will know by now anyway. I get a few of these a day in my catcher and regular personal email boxes.

If you look at your full mail headers or use readnotify in your corresponce, you may find out where he really is. Whois tells you about the domain registration and is increasingly of little use - like SMTP it came from the honourable days of the internet and is an honour system.

The O2.pl address is a free mail provider, your lad never left his Lagos cafe I'm certain, so bait freely and viciously, evil actor!!!
grooble
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks MBL I'll get a read address for fidelity and let them know - they might want to watch the fun...

The from address is of course fake and I'm wondering about some of his other headers. It looks to me that it came from arrozzoa . com in bogota but I'm not sure.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic