SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scam Letter... - we now have 2

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MeridianAlicante
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yesterday evening, my boss handed me a letter, addressed to him, at his business address. Luckily, I've been telling him all about scammers and scam-baiting, and he recognized it for what it was. It was a very well written Next of Kin scam, and I've scanned the letter here for everyone else to see.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo307/meridian419/ScamLetter.jpg

Am I too close to bait this? I don't want to get my boss in trouble, but I also want to teach this idiot a lesson. And could I also ask, if anyone does take this guy on, can you let me know what happens? My boss is quite keen to know Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x 7 Mortar x2

Fake Cheques: $150,000

"May God bless you? Happy exams in advance Thanks," Mr. Herbert Horsey

Click here to support 419Eater.com

Last edited by MeridianAlicante on Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wow did that letter come in old school? ie snail mail?

mugus send out hundred of emails (I assumed the same is true for snail mail), get a mentor and an email with a different name on it.

I would say its baitable with precautions, using a different name or not using anything in the bait that can be tied to you.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Although I have not seen that before I'll say it's just the same as the Lotteria Primitiva Spanish lotto snail mails that get sent out using names and addresses taken from phone books, electoral registers and junk mail mailing lists.

That same mail was most likely sent out to hundreds of addresses, so just like an email format they will have no idea of who is replying to them, and will gladly entertain anyone that replies.. Seeing as there is an email address there I'll be replying Twisted Evil

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He's a fast lad,I just got a reply!!

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I' take a run at him too.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MeridianAlicante said:
Quote:
Am I too close to bait this?
No worries...the guy is in Hong Kong, according to the telephone number checked here:
http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=phonenr

Just change the name and address of "the victim," and bait safe. Maybe you'll impress your boss, and get some brownie points. Wink Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
MeridianAlicante
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Buried: Yep, it came through the post. He also said that he got another one, so hopefully I'll get that tonight, and can post it up somewhere.

Also, would anyone recommend I get a text copy of the letter and put it on Scamwarners so that anybody googling it can find it?

SamSpudz & ParaNoid: You guys/girls rock Very Happy

SlapHappy: You made me cackle evilly Smile I wonder if I can get my boss into baiting this way...

SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@MA-
Quote:
Also, would anyone recommend I get a text copy of the letter and put it on Scamwarners so that anybody googling it can find it?

Yes, good idea. Just remove the victim's name and post it there. It might help someone. Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
grooble
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Didn't rise...to my ageing and naive philanthropist looking for funds for his good works with the slum children. It's worked before.

"Please i very angry with you John.You disrespect me very bad.I no happy." - p@k5w@ng Dec 2008
"WE WISH TO CONFIRM IF YOUR SERIOUS OR NOT BECAUSE YOUR MAILS SOUNDS AS SOME ONE WHO DOESN’T KNOW AND UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS DOING" - Fr3d D4n13ls Jan 2009
At me from it already the head to break up - N4t0li4n4 gives her testimonial to M7CN S3cur3. 649 clicks and counting
you’re a great liar and sounds like a criminal too - Fr3d D4n13ls - Feb 2009
Not to worry as soon as we get it rolling everything go according to plan - p@k5w@ng Feb 2009 (that's what you think m8 )
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm getting London from his IP,

P address [?]: 92.40.190.228 [Whois]
IP address country: United Kingdom
IP address state: London, City of
IP address city: London
IP address latitude: 51.500000
IP address longitude: -0.116700
ISP of this IP [?]: Hutchison 3G UK Limited
Organization: Hutchison 3G UK Limited
Host of this IP: [?]: 92.40.190.228.sub.mbb.three.co.uk [Whois]
Local Time of this IP country: 2008-12-01 22:48

He's reluctant to continue discussion via email, so I'll pick up a new sim card on Wednesday. I'm not sure how I'm going to explain visiting the hospital at 3am on a Sunday, but he seems to have bought it. I wonder just how far he sent out those letters.

NIGERIA HE GOAT

MeridianAlicante
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, my boss is based somewhere in Northern Ireland, though I've not heard of any other businesses in the area getting ones. I'm keeping my ears open though, and I've got other people watching out as well. These scammers aren't getting anyone in my district, not if I have any say in the matter. *rage*

Scuse me.

Anyway, what I really wanted to post about:

My boss also got another letter, this one from the desk of Chung Lee. Different name, different email, exactly the same word for word format, dated three days later. Both were posted and ended up in the Greenford/Windsor Mail Centre, Mr on the 21st of November, and Mr L33s on the 26th of November. At least that's what the postmark on the envelope is telling me.

I'll get the second one scanned in and posted sometime in the next couple of days.

Again, many thanks to those who are baiting this scum. My boss is very amused by all the stories I'm telling him, especially about getting bank accounts shut down) Smile

ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Yu, that is the scammer MO (Modus Operandi or some such Latan), use a script. I wish that more people got duplicates like that so fewer people would fall victim to these vermin. The good thing is that land mail costs them the postage.

I am going to see if he will stick with email, though he already wanted a number to call. I and in the States, so I don't think a phone call would fly for me.

MA, thanks for the challenge! I'll check the IP tomorrow.

grooble wrote:
Didn't rise...to my ageing and naive philanthropist looking for funds for his good works with the slum children. It's worked before.

What worked for me was a simple, "tell me more". Some times that is all that is needed. The details come later, but that's just me... Wink

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^

He's determined to stick with the phone call. As I was not expecting such a fast response I threw the death in the family at him early, so he's generously giving me a week to grieve....

Quote:
I so sorry as regards mother's death.Please be strong at this time.God is in control.I am happy you know that business is secret.This way we all succeed and smile to the bank quietly.Happy to hear you get a new phone.I am sure it would very private and secure.I would leave you this week to grieve your sweet mother.May her soul rest in peace.let us talk next week.Thank you and bye for now.

Your friend and partner,
Paks Wank

Slimy scutter bag.

NIGERIA HE GOAT

grooble
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Somehow I managed to delete this whole post - Doh

I got a reply saying I could only progress by phoning. so I said:

Me to him
Quote:
I am very sorry to tell you that I am unable to use the telephone.

Towards the end of the Second World War I was in an armoured vehicle
which ran over a mine in the dessert just outside Tripoli. I was lucky
suffering only a few broken fingers, which still give me a little pain
as they were not set properly until I had walked 100 miles through the
desert back to the British front line. I was the only survivor from
our covert unit to survive. Cpl Jones made it out of the mangled
remains of the half-track but died in the desert. My hearing has been
deteriorating ever since and I now am almost completely deaf and rely
on the written word and lipreading.

I also gave him a lot of other guff about not trusting my family etc. My only trustworhy friend is a retired lawyer - perhaps he could help

Edit - Wednesday afternoon

Got back today to find that not using the phone may not be too much of a barrier. And my man is thinking of another way round. I think when I suggested dealing through a third party he got nervy.

Him to me:

Quote:
I suggest you dont bother involving your solicitor friend.I dont want us to take chances.The money invovled is too much.He just might want to take advantage of it.Please let us keep with within us.

I'm being promised a comfortable retirement fund.

The sort of picture I'm building this bloke (83yo, war wounds, a bit vague, thinks his family is stealing from him) will serve to show how lacking in conscience this fellows are...

"Please i very angry with you John.You disrespect me very bad.I no happy." - p@k5w@ng Dec 2008
"WE WISH TO CONFIRM IF YOUR SERIOUS OR NOT BECAUSE YOUR MAILS SOUNDS AS SOME ONE WHO DOESN’T KNOW AND UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS DOING" - Fr3d D4n13ls Jan 2009
At me from it already the head to break up - N4t0li4n4 gives her testimonial to M7CN S3cur3. 649 clicks and counting
Not to worry as soon as we get it rolling everything go according to plan - p@k5w@ng Feb 2009 (that's what you think m8 )
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well it looks like he's going to stick with email. His IP hits in Nigeria this time, twice before it was England. Now as my grammar is somewhere up my bum, I'm thinking this is possibly one of the best scripted mails I have ever seen. I'm sure someone will come along and point out some glaring mistakes, when that happens I'll be watching the crows Laughing Laughing there's a big one I call Jimmy and he's the pimp crow of my neighbourhood..........

Quote:

Quote:

I must say that I have enormous respect for you considering the manner in which I have made contact with you. We never know when life is about to shower us with good fortune, however we spend so much time wishing that life does. The uniqueness of your name has made it possible for us to come together and share some decent money I will state the very crucial issues here, as I have to leave to attend to personal matters. Lets move forward and lets see what we can achieve. You see, someone close to me recently became ill and her medic examinations are about to be initiated. I have hurriedly put together this message

In everything one does with another: there must be a meeting of minds. In Latin, its called “consensus ad idem”: Without us both seeing and assessing the
situation through the same lenses there cannot and will never be success or progress. So as we say in Chinese thoroughness is what is needed here.
I need for you to obey my every instruction and do exactly as I say. You must let me direct this project for us to have success. This is non negotiable. It is
when there is no leadership and no meeting of minds that there are problems.

Everything is going to be done in sequence. I will Imagine that the whole process should take about 2 weeks before the money will be in your account.
At this stage I have exclusive access to the files. I will be instructing a solicitor in China to prepare all the documents in your name. This will then be put
in my file and presented to my bank. It will be approved and then authorization given to the Chong Hing Bank to make payment to you. Please this is very
important and your total commitment is what is desired. I will be speaking to you only and when necessary as this is a precaution. Most communication
will be done via this email address.

At this stage I am sure you have loads of questions you want to ask. We are going to take this matter on a step-by-step basis. However something that I must point out to you at this stage is that there is no wrong on your part. At the end of the day it is the Guandong Developement Bank or the Chong Hing Bank that will be contacting you to inform you that money has been left for you. You are not contacting the bank so you are doing absolutely nothing wrong or taking any risk. The only person who could have disputed this is long gone.

You must understand why there must be serious confidentiality about this whole process. Chong Hing Bank is a specialist bank, which deals with high net
worth individuals and giant corporations. I have my contact there to make sure that nothing goes wrong. As soon as Guandong Developement Bank has gone through all formalities with you, they will instruct Chong Hing bank to make payments to you. This will be done through an Attorney as certain verifications required by law have to be done.

Please you can call me at any time at the number provided in my first communication with you. You can call or send me a fax at anytime. This is a direct
line to me.

Please send me the following, as I need it for my file. As soon as I have made the necessary amendments you become the legal beneficiary and Guandong Developement Bank or the Chong Hing Bank will be getting in touch with you.

FULL NAMES
ADDRESS
TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS
COMPANY NAME ( IF ANY )

My friend please let us be positive and show discretion as we both make one of the most fruitful steps of our lives. My spoken English is not too good, I have been able to put this mail together with the help of my grand daughter Kim.

I wait your response.

NIGERIA HE GOAT

MeridianAlicante
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Spudz, you have just made my morning Smile

Quote:
The uniqueness of your name

That made me giggle so hard Smile

At least this guy is polite, you have to give him that...

Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing

I wonder if he'll still have as much confidence in the bank when his a/c get's shut down Twisted Evil

NIGERIA HE GOAT

Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure someone will come along and point out some glaring mistakes..

I have a five minute coffee break and have finished the crossword already, so:

development - only three e's not 4
worth individuals - suggest worthy
lets - should be let's
its - should be it's
Imagine - with a capital letter? - song title re- J Lennon

... coffee drunk, back to sitting on my boss's knee.

Laughing
grooble
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got the same with a different first paragraph because I'd already slapped him over phone calls.

I haven't heard from him for over a day. He may have dropped me.

My 'grandson' has been monitoring our email and while he thinks our lad is genuine he wants a cut of the cash in return for facilitating the deal and helping me with all the complicated interwebby stuff.

Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Kate

Jimmy had a big piece of tinfoil in his beak, jaysus it was funny seeing him try to open it and fend off the other crows Very Happy

NIGERIA HE GOAT

Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
In everything one does with another: there must be a meeting of minds. In Latin, its called “consensus ad idem”...

Sounds like a form letter to me!

http://www.scamorama.com/pennywise.html

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh totally.

His whole shtick is reassuring the victim that they are the only one in his life. Just it's the best written one I've seen. His use of English seems to me to be a lot more sophisticated than others I've come across. Apart from some errors. But then again I've only had about 9 hours sleep in the last 60

Santa's coming!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

NIGERIA HE GOAT

Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Spudz. My reply was merely my way of showing off my new tin-foil Christmassy panties that my boss has just given me this morning.

AND the love of my life (Nigerian Prince) is getting lazy, too lazy to sweep me off my feet. He is getting me grumpier by the hour, hence my time wasting effort earlier on this thread.

Tell me more about your crows whilst I warm up my lad slapping hand.
grooble
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

oh dear. the lad seems to have fallen foul of the evil grandson and sysadmin from hell:

Quote:
Gh0st@dm1n proxy server v3.187.977 build date 1 Nov 2008

Server Error 17 - Administrative block on address [deleted]

Additional Info - This address has a temporary block put in place by [deleted]

Additional message - Hey [deleted] just a little demo of wot i can do to ya. Coperate or [expletive deleted] off

Next actions - Apply to admin to have your mail account derestricted

He was doing so well too. Grandad was about to send him the solicitor fees...

grooble
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He learns some manners.

He tried a rude email to the sys admin from hell trying to bully his way into the marks account. Which was ignored. He obviously had a re-think and is now willing to work with me:

Quote:
I have agreed to your terms.Please give access to send mails to John.Time is of the essence.I wait to hear from you.Thank you and bye for now.

As he is being nice things will go his way for a while. But the sys admin from hell is in prime position to chop some dolla.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic