SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this a scam? Tough to tell...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
skeelo58
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So I listed my apartment on Craigslist (trying to move out, so I can get a place with my cousins). I got an email from "Ravi" yesterday, and this is what it said

Hi,
My name is Ravi and im a male age 30 moving to fargo on Dec 6th which is this saturday. I am a consultant and will be working in fargo for a while i guess. At present im in Washington DC and will get there on 6th. So if you could share some more info of the appt like some pictures that would be great.

thanks
ravi

Now, on first read, I thought it was a typical Craigslist scam, but then I read it again. His english is fairly decent, and not nearly as bad as other scammers on C/L. Also, he doesn't offer me money or anything, he simply just wants some pictures of my apartment.

I replied back to him, telling him the details of the apartment, how much rent is, etc. His next email was this....

thats fine
can i come and see the appt this sunday? Are you still living there? did you sign any lease ? I would appreciate if you could give me your phone no where i can reach you.

thanks
ravi

Once again, he says nothing about money, although this time he asks for my phone number to discuss the apartment (a reasonable request for someone looking for an apt I guess). I didn't give him my number, as I am still kind of weary of this whole thing.

I told him a few more details about the apartment, and told him I would be home all day Sunday, so that he could come check out my place. He replied:

sunday morning 11 am would be fine please send me your address

Now, this is when my scam radar started going off again. Nobody would say "Sunday morning, 11 a.m." I did give him my address (just in case it is a legit offer). Was there any harm in giving this guy my address if it turns out to be a scam?

This one is really tricky. It seems like it could quite possibly be a scam, but then again, it doesn't contain all of the broken English, or offers of money like all the other scams.

So what does everyone think? Is this legit? Or is it a scam? [/b]

Also, I find it suspicious that he wouldn't already have a place lined up. He would have obviously known he was being shipped out from DC to Fargo, so why wouldn't he have had a place picked out already? Instead of "moving to fargo on the 6th, and I want to check out your apt on the 7th".
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you quote the email headers (without your email address)? They may show where he really is.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a double-post of the one in Main (which has gotten more attention), so I'm locking this one.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic