SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lads really do need an ESL class

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Renovator
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently received notice that the FBI wanted my help in busting a Nigerian Bank scam. It had a few errors in spelling, grammar and punctuation, and I took them to task for it, wondering if they were REALLY the FBI. I got this reply, which is even more riddled with errors than the first, and actually pretty funny (I thought).

Quote:
ROBERT MUELLER III
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FBI
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION FBI.WASHINGTON DC.
FBI SEEKING TO WIRETAP INTERNET

GOOD DAY; Mxxxx Fxxxxx

We the Federal bureau of investigation (FBI) Washington, DC HAS RECEIVED YOUR MAIL AND IT WAS WELL UNDERSTOOD.. WE WILL WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE MISTAKES THAT IS BEEN WRITING IT IS A MISTAKES FROM OUR OFFICE WE JUST WANT YOU TO PLEASE BEAR WITH OUR HUMBLE OFFICE.

WE THE (FBI) MUST LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE A VERY LUCKY PERSON FOR YOU BENNEFITING FROM THIS GREAT OFFER BECAUSE PEOPLE DO COMPLAIN ABOUT SCAM FROM AFRICA,FOR THAT REASON WE THE (FBI) NOW HOLD A BOARD MEETING WITH THE AFRICAN CONTRIES COMLIANING ABOUT THIS SCAM IN OUR COMMUNITY THAT IS THE REASON WHY THE (FBI) NOW WEN'T FURTHER IN SEARCH OF OUR CETIZEN THAT HAVE BEEN SCAM FROM AFRICA,AND THAT IS HOW AND WHY YOUR EMAIL CAME UP.

AND I WILL URGE YOU TO MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW OUR INSTRUCTIONS THAT IS BEEN GIVING TO YOU AND MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MAIL ANY OTHER OFFICE EXCEPT BEEN INSTRUCTED BY OUR OFFICE BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE ARE OUT THEIR TO SCAM YOU AND TAKE YOUR MONEY AWAY AND DO NOT REVEAL THIS TRANSACTION TO ANY BODY.

YOU ARE HERE BY ADVICE TO CONTACT THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (CBN) FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES ON OUR YOUR $10,000,000. IS GOING TO BE DELIVERED TO YOUR DOORSTEP OR YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AND MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW ANY FURTHER INSTRUCTION GIVING TO YOU.

HERE IS THEIR CONTACT E-MAILS BELOW.

NAME PROF CHUKWUMA SOLUDO (CBN GOVERNOR)
EMAIL [email protected]
PHONE NUMBER +234-802-531-3601

I just wanna know the status of the money order.
I will be awaiting for your email today.. You are damn too aggressive.
Maybe u think I'm a scammer. That's bad.
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Renovator wrote:
It had a few errors in spelling, grammar and punctuation, and I took them to task for it,

We tend not to point out errors to lads that may alert a real victim to the fact it is a scam.

If you want to know where an email is coming from then have a read here and then pop the header into here http://headertool.apelord.com/ The last number is the one you want.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Renovator:

I hope you give this one a go! "FBI" baits can be entertaining. Keep in touch with Robert Mueller, and ask him to put in a good word for you at the White House from time to time. Also don't forget to invite the FBI Director over for a formal dinner. And include Uncle Chuck as well. Laughing

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We tend to like lads spelling badly, and indeed encourage them by reinforcing any bad spelling they provide or adding some of our own (for instance 'fraudstar' instead of 'fraudster'). It means more people will question if it really *is* the FBI, and hopefully rumble the con!
Renovator
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What's really funny is how oblivious to their poor skills they are.

I've asked him to submit a picture of himself in his office to verify his identity, be interesting to see if I get anything back.

I just wanna know the status of the money order.
I will be awaiting for your email today.. You are damn too aggressive.
Maybe u think I'm a scammer. That's bad.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic