SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Fake ID and 'Garbage Files' ?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
toby walker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm still new to all of this, but I'm having a ball.

So, now someone is asking me to send them ID. From reading the 419 website I already know not to send anyone that they may be able to use against someone else. I also read something about sending a 'garbage' file.. one in particular a .DLL file. I've never heard of this type of file before.

I have Photoshop and certainly can make a large .jpg file that would be hard for them to open, but can anyone explain what a .DLL file is?

thanks
Albator
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here Very Happy

You can find .dll files in the folder C:/Windows/system32 of your computer.
If you want to use one, COPY it somewhere else (do not rename it directly, or delete it, it could cause damage!), and change the extension from .dll to .jpg for example.

Another possibility is here:
http://www.xnet.se/fd/
You can create a file as big as you want, with the extension you want, and it will be unopenable Twisted Evil

United Kingdom x4 Filipino flag United States x7 Germany
Closed lad accounts x64 Mortar x11 Goat Nurse Nastys Audi TT
T.W.A.T(co-bait with MoP)
Sand Timer
-S4m 07/01/08-Ongoing
-An4st4s1y4 (Vlad) 11/26/08-Ongoing "I would iron your cock through trousers while it will not be firm"
-0um4r (Hitlad) 11/28/08-Ongoing
-Y4o 02/19/09-Ongoing
-Ver0nika (Vlad) 384d

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Support 419Eater.com]</a>
<a href="http://scamwarners.com/forum/index.php">www.scamwarners.com</a>
richardcranium1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i may be able to help you find one..open my computer...open drive c ... open program files ... open any file for windows and look for a dll file, copy and paste it to your desk top then rename it adding .jpg
hope that helps

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks folks... I'm using a mac but I did find a .dll file, renamed it as a .jpg. I've tried to open it and a dialogue box opened saying that the file was corrupted. I'm assuming that's the intent here.

I've also create a HUGE .jpg in Photoshop and will be attaching that one in the future.

So... am I on the right track?

Thanks for the help everyone.... I'm finding this to be a great little time killer.
Mr_Happy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

toby walker wrote:
Thanks folks... I'm using a mac but I did find a .dll file, renamed it as a .jpg. I've tried to open it and a dialogue box opened saying that the file was corrupted. I'm assuming that's the intent here.

I've also create a HUGE .jpg in Photoshop and will be attaching that one in the future.

So... am I on the right track?

Thanks for the help everyone.... I'm finding this to be a great little time killer.

Make sure that your jpg is blank and then when he complains about it, slap him for not being up to date with his software/operating system
toby walker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, that's beautiful. yeah, it's as white as the pure virgin snow.

Great line there... thanks.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great Smile Start with the "corrupt" jpg/dll, when he gets shitty after a couple of rounds of that send him your huge blank image - but make sure it is HUGE and save it as a bMP (bitmap) or tiff (without compression) as an all white jpeg will still be a small file overall due to the way jpeg compression works, and we want a HUGE file Smile
toby walker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great tip... using that tiff file as a means of sending something that you can leave uncompressed. This joker's getting something that is 194 megs. Wink
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't mess with dll files.

I just pick a programme that makes files in a format that I know an internet cafe pc won;t be able to handle - some strange sound file format or special graphic one. I have plenty hanging around.

I pick a file that I don't care about and then give a name that fits with what they're asking for. As I rename it over and over again I just make new copies so I can pick it up the next time I need it.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The trouble with 194 Megs, is that it wont reach his inbox. Either your provider or his will filter it. I think the safe limit is 10MB. You could zip it, and that may very well bring the size down low enough. Which could lead to further complications if his PC doesn't have unzip. Not much chance of that these days, so use bzip2 or something equally obscure. Wink

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Billy Diamond
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As mentioned in a previous post, I had a photo that was corrupted. It was accidentally deleted and when I recovered it, it had been renamed (from DSC_0419.jpg to _SC_0419.jpg). The odd thing was that in thumbnail view in Windows (which is a detestable operating system) it looked fine, you could see the whole picture but when opening it, most of the picture was black

I didn't think .jpg files could store their own thumbnail image but if they could, that would be useful as you could have a thumbnail of a passport/ID (far too small to read any characters etc.) but the file itself is just black

Billy Diamond's [not] the name
Baiting scammers is my game
Billy Diamond
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, apparently some jpeg files have a thumbnail saved in the EXIF. Do a Google search for "Cat Schwartz naked" and you might get the idea... Very Happy

Billy Diamond's [not] the name
Baiting scammers is my game
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My last couple of lads haven't cared that I've sent rental applications or authorization for transfer of huge amounts of money as corrupted or mislabeled .dll files. They've just said "thank you" and continued with their script. It is very disappointing.

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
I'm going shopping! $39,977.80 in fake checks
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you can do a search for WriteJunk on here. hang on, i did it for you Wink

WriteJunk

great tool!

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If this is still working, it is worth playing with too
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137276
Bosoman wrote it, although I haven't seen him around in an age which is a shame as this is an underused and awesome idea Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic