SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Need help, what's the end game?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
tweaker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new to this and I've been stringing along a scammer trying to purchase some products from me with a credit card. He also insists that he will have a shipping company pick up the product. This is not a product that will be easily sold anywhere else so I'm wondering what is the full scam after the credit card goes through and how could I play it after I tell him its here waiting?
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You're working SAFE?
He wants a product and even pays for it? As soon as you have the credit info, PM a moderator with all relevant info, Please It will be the card of a victim, these guys don't pay a dime. You can always tell him you got the money, but you can't use his transport firm so you ship it by ??? (several very unreliable shipping companies at the eater, so search and pick one)
This should keep him happy for a month.
Is it something he can use? You might decide to have Mr. New Character bring it over to him or almost to him so he has to travel a bit?
Too many solutions, others will give their vision on it.
Just make sure you're SAFE
Have fun

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If he has any of your real life information then walk away

These are criminals and messing with them with ANY real life info is NOT advised.

To answer the other questions.

The credit card will be cloned or stolen-so it won't be the scammers money-it'll be some victim's somewhere.

He'll either want the product to resell @pure profit or more likely they'll be some problem somewhere that will require reimbursement to the scammer and he'll probably want it via Western Union or Moneygram.

Or he could ask you to pay the shipper (played by himself or one of his scammer buddies) in which case it'll be via Western union or Moneygram and he won't care what happens with the goods because he didn't pay for them.

Whichever way it plays, you'll be out of pocket.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
tweaker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks. I was under no illusions that the card would be legit. Im new, not stupid. I am also safe and have already passed on to new characters too.

I will go ahead and finally send him a final invoice and take payment. I was thinking maybe contact the credit card comapny as soon as recieving the number, then write him and tell him its declined. I could get him to burn a couple of numbers. Then finally say its paid for and come get it. I do want to know what he has in mind before hand tho. No way is he really planning to ship wood to Nigeria.
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Tweaker,

My guess would be that he doesn't want the timber, he just wants your money.
The credit card will be stolen/cloned (or the info gathered from another victim). PM one of the mod (maybe Lotta) and they will deal with that.
If he agrees to you using your own shipping company then I reckon he will send you more money that the timber costs and ask you to withdraw the difference and send it on to someone else he owes money to, via Western Union or MoneyGram.

This is where you lose out. He will be the person (or a runner for him) who actually picks it up because he will have asked you for the MTCN.

If you agree to his company then he will make extra money on the fees he will charge for that.

Keep us in touch with what happens. Good luck with it.

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
Mr_Happy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As earlier stated dont forget to inform our mods regarding credit card details

Ask him to inform provide a security question for the courier collector
Then inform him that the courier has collected the product and that you hope he enjoys whatever he's ordered.
When he claims he hasnt received it, accuse him of him trying to dupe you and start making him think his email has been hacked. This is, after all, all his fault.

If he requires proof, then a shipping doc should be easy enough to knock up, or possibly one is availble in the resources.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic