SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Paypal Survey

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
liquidfuse
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got an email in my yahoo email account one I use for business only and was a pathetic attempt to try to get me to log onto the site to enter my information to take a survey that will ultimately give them my information.

I do not think so.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Customer Satisfaction Survey
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 7:00 PM

Dear *****,

This e-mail is to apologize as you may have attempted to take our survey and were unable to do so as our survey vendor experienced technical difficulties. This issue has been resolved and we would appreciate your feedback.

(Phishing link removed - JF)

To respond to our survey, please click on the web address above. If that does not work, please cut and paste the entire web address into the address field of your browser.

NOTE: Please respond within five days so that you can provide timely feedback to me, Jeff. After 5 days, this invitation will expire.

Thank you for your help!

Jeff
PayPal Customer Support

** An important note from the survey vendor **

PayPal, as the party who controls the data collected in this survey, may use your responses together with existing data it has about you to ensure its products and services meet your needs. PayPal will treat data collected from you in accordance with PayPal's privacy policy. To review this privacy policy, please contact PayPal or visit PayPal's web site.

If you want to be excluded from future surveys and survey correspondence, please click below:
(Phishing link removed - JF)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly if Paypal customer support wanted me to take a survey wouldnt they ask me to by calling them or mailing me a form to send it?
Thanks for trying Jeff but you suck!

This is a widely used scam to phish for information, I doubt there is anything that can really be done in this instance but I thought about responding with a fake email account to try to get him to send me another link or to see if its the same one and to go from there.

Any thoughts?

"Never let the sense of past failure defeat your next step."
- Oswald Chambers
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is a typical phishing email.
We don't deal with phishing here.

You could always report it to Paypal if you are minded to do more than just delete it.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
liquidfuse
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahhh thats too bad but I guess that would jump the resources needed and since they are probably more common than the 419 scam your site would more expansive would it not?

I might just do that, thank you.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is just not much we can really do with them. Paypal usually does a good job of getting them shut down.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just forward the message to [email protected] . They'll handle it further.

Fight My Brute
baiter_boi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Couple of things.

First you need to remove that link, clicking on it takes you to your RL name

I'll snip it - Roy

Thanks Roy Very Happy

Second it is not a phishing attempt. Echo carry out surveys independantly for Paypal, I assume you have recently had reason to use their cusotmer services.

Oh and thirdly (is there such a word?)
It does not ask for any details or require you to log in. The link contains a unique id which links the survey to your account.

<i><b>your mother was raped by a gang of imbecile and gave birth to a degenerate mother f****r like you<b></i>

New to 419? Sign up for a mentor
liquidfuse
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did but i dont trust anything, anything that comes in asking for any details. Paypal even says they wont ask for details in an email. So hence my concern.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

liquidfuse wrote:
I did but i dont trust anything

That is a healthy instinct when using the interwebs. Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic