SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

PayPal Scamming?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
shmuckers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just out of my own interest, what kind of scams are possible using PayPal? I ask because I'm currently dealing with a scammer and I've acquired his PayPal address.
Tyr Yuanoowon
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know if the mods want me to say this but they can delete this post if it's not good..

A big scam is to purchase something using paypal, likely on ebay, and then dispute it for some reason. A big thing is to say it's counterfeit, ebay/paypal folds pretty hard and fast on that one.

There are tons of methods they use though.

U SACK OF WINE-western western

Closed lad accounts x7
shmuckers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is there anywhere I can report the address to PayPal? I'm 100% certain its being used for scamming purposes.
Tyr Yuanoowon
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What makes you so sure? Many people just want to pay for something with Paypal, it's pretty safe and sometimes a pretty dumb modality for scamming compared to the less traceable methods.

It is possible though. There is a contact form on Paypal, I haven't used it in a while.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Help/general/TopQuestion4-outside

Closed lad accounts x7
shmuckers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What makes me certain is the following situation:

I replied to a Canada-based classified ads site about purchasing a Playstation 3. I e-mailed the seller. The seller responded with certain characteristics that are common amongst scammers. They are:

1. Bad grammar
2. Not answering my questions
3. Immediately asking for my shipping address
4. The seller also resides in Florida. What's she doing on a Canadian site?
5. The seller wants me to send the money via PayPal and then I'll have the items shipped later

The deal itself was also too good to be true - and it was. I reported the ad as illegal and the site actually took it down. A few hours later...same ad comes back up with the exact same description word-for-word. I'm exchanging e-mails with the scammer now. Any way to find out where he/she is e-mailing me from? I'm using G-mail...

Thanks so far, man!
Tyr Yuanoowon
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No problem! I can see how that is suspicious.

http://headertool.apelord.com/

In GMAIL, go to one of their e-mails and next to reply there should be a little arrow, click on that then click 'view original' or something similar.

After that copy the beginning all the way down to where it just has two little lines or something.. I think you will be able to figure it out.. I am totally out of it right now. I can't really remember... Sorry haha..

Paste that into the site above and the last IP is /probably/ the originating locale.. although I think if /they/ are using GMAIL or some other place that strips IPs it might not work right. I've never gotten any scammy e-mail that wasn't from @yahoo or @live though.

Closed lad accounts x7
shmuckers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, so to clarify:

There is a whole chunk of text. I should copy-paste all of it? The header tool keeps saying "content too large to post". Thanks for the help so far, friend.
Tyr Yuanoowon
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's why I mentioned copying to a certain point. I believe just before the message is about two lines of some stuff.. You want to copy from the very top of the 'original message' to the two lines.

Quote:
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.100.172.6 with SMTP id u6cs143141ane;
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:31:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.151.111.1 with SMTP id o1mr3746297ybm.225.1227799912020;
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:31:52 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from n8.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com (n8.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com [76.13.13.236])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id 8si3189787gxk.79.2008.11.27.07.31.50;
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:31:51 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 76.13.13.236 as permitted sender) client-ip=76.13.13.236;
DomainKey-Status: bad (test mode)
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 76.13.13.236 as permitted sender) [email protected]; domainkeys=hardfail (test mode) [email protected]
Received: from [76.13.13.26] by n8.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 27 Nov 2008 15:31:50 -0000
Received: from [76.13.10.179] by t3.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 27 Nov 2008 15:31:50 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp120.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 27 Nov 2008 15:31:50 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-5
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 8296 invoked by uid 60001); 27 Nov 2008 15:31:50 -0000

DomainKey-Signature: DELETED Page Blowout

Received: from [41.207.162.1] by web59511.mail.ac4.yahoo.com via HTTP; Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:31:49 PST
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.7.260.1
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:31:49 -0800 (PST)
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: Reply.

That last quote being the three lines you end at.

No problem.

Closed lad accounts x7
shmuckers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I figured out which IP was the scammer's without pasting it all. Thanks friend. Apparently the IP originates in Canada, and yet the scammer claimed to live in Florida.

EDIT: the scammer has sent me a pic himself now, too. I wonder whose MySpace he got the pic off of...
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Log on to your pay-pal account and click "resolution centre" then follow the links..
Having someone's Account address is nothing unusual, If at any time you get into a dispute over a purchase, or are having trouble getting a payment. Pay Pal will supply the other party's address and phone number, to enable you to try and sort it out directly with the other party.

You can even speak to a Pay pal phone operator [ Mumbi ] to sort out account problems.

But if you think someone is using Pay Pal in a scam, and can supply evidence of this. pay pal will and do act.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Last IP is the one you want: 41.207.162.1

It comes back to Togo Telecom in the lovely country of Togo.

It's a lad and it's a scam.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic