SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Degree Mills

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A degree mill is an organization who sells degrees in various fields based on life experience. I've been recently receiving spam emails trying to sell me degrees and I've just jutted them to the side into the bin. However, a relative of mine recently bought one of these a couple months back and she used it to get a new job paying 80k a year, but was instantly terminated when her employer found out the degree wasn't really authentic, even though she performed her job functions better than the properly accredited coworkers. I'm wondering what you all think of the situation and what you would advise my aunt do to try to receive compensation. On one hand, the degree was false and questionably illegal in nature, but she performed her job functions better than the other workers and her employer acknowledged this.

Whats mostly sad is that people are getting sucked in by this scam and it has yet to be federally outlawed, allowing the scam to go on undisturbed.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, since she got her job under false premises, there's really nothing she can do to the job that sacked her. She's got nothing to use against the former employer, regardless of how well she performed her job duties, she got the job dishonestly in the first place. That is grounds for immediate termination in most places in the U.S.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In the state that I live in, it is called an "employment at will state" which means companies technically don't need a reason to fire you, just can't do it for the obvious no-no's (age, sex, creed, ...). I don't think there is much she can do either in the circumstances you describe.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Vanndickey
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just got a new job myself; one thing HR has me sign was a form stating that the info I submitted was 100% accurate etc. I don't think there is much she can do honestly......

"EAT A DICK AND DIE SLOW"-Mrs. Mary Collins Brown

Mortar x5
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So she cheats her way into a job and then expects compensation when she gets caught...... Ok Confused

pony pony Mortar x18
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know a few lawyers and barristers that can help out. I know they're genuine I've seen their RSOT's Laughing

But basically what he said above me. It wouldn't wash in most other countries either.
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, the reason I asked is because the people she bought the degree from told her and guaranteed her it was legal and it turns out it wasn't. I just needed to see whether if a claim of this being a scam could be substantiated, seeing as how the people she bought her degree from won't return her money. Maybe legal action could be taken against the "university" but I highly doubt it.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did she ever have class, or take a test for this university, or did she just send some money to them? It all sounds pretty funny to me. Not funny weird, but funny in a laughable way. I think the funniest part is that she feels she may be entitled to something. We could ask Marvinator to knock her up a new "diploma". That might help get her back on her feet.

Or, she could just try being honest.

Safari - Mr. Neill - London, England - Glasgow, Scotland - "Yu are really causing confusions between us all."
Safari - William - Accra, Ghana - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Safari - Miracle - Benin - N'Djamena, Chad - "Too much mosquitoes"
Safari - Godspower - Ghana - N'Djamena, Chad
Golden Pith - Adamu - Lagos, Nigeria - Abeche, Chad (100 days in hell) - Shocked - "SAVE ME"
pony pony Pretty Rose Suitcase Mortar 17
maggiemay
Adamu's soulmate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A degree indeed any qualification can only be legit if you undertake the study and pass the exams. You cant therefore buy a legit degree.

If holding a degree was a requirement of the post then she hasnt a case. The degree is meant to demonstrate a level of ability and expertise. If on the other hand it wasnt she still would have no case as she has made a fraudulent statement in her application upon which her job offer was based.

Why does she want to pursue this - she was caught out fair and square.

You can be of great assistance to helping this little wads realize their hope for tomorrow,

pony pony
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's a 5 year old article on them
www.usatoday.com/money/workplace/2003-09-28-fakedegrees_x.htm
As using one to get a job is a criminal offence in some states, trying to sue someone may not be a god idea.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A degree based on life experience (based on the ability to mail money to the "university" or college", no doubt), with no coursework, without sitting any exams or writing any papers for submission. Legit.................Yeah, right.

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At one time there was a program that allowed Credit for Life Experience (CLE) so that one could get college credits without having to attend (and pay for) the classes. However, one had to sit for (and pay for) an exam to receive the credit. And one could receive no more than half the credits required for graduation and degree status.

Receiving a degree for life experience with no proof that one has actually learned from that experience is not ethical or honest.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
full auto
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The ONLY degree I have heard of someone getting without classes is an honorary degree, given to professionals who have developed their field above and beyond measure. These degrees are usually given to industry professionals who the college system wants to bring in for their amount of experience and advancements of a certain field to teach other college students.

As far as degree mills, they should be illegal 100%. Fake degree in civil engineering, lets cross that bridge. Fake degree in mechanical engineering, lets drive that ford expolder. Fake degree in nursing, drug me right on up with that medicine cocktail. Fake degree in business or accounting, please come help me run my business. Endless possibilities here, none of them are very good. As far as her being able to get anything, not a snow balls chance in hell. She lied, signed paperwork more than likely admitting she was qualified or knew of the qualifications. Even if she didn't, the use of a fake degree is an admission to that knowledge. So suing her old place of work, no go. Getting to the degree mill, you might have to look at disclaimers that came with it. Also, as it was not an accredited institution (more than likely) it would be illegal for them to offer a degree. Can she sue them, maybe, but I doubt it.

Torques this college student. I've met plenty of industry people who have no college degree, but they started out low and worked their way up by getting enough experience.

What ever happened to good old fashioned work ethic?
Mr. Green
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ex. wrote:
...the people she bought the degree from told her and guaranteed her it was legal and it turns out it wasn't.

You mean just like the trunk box was meant to be risky free?

Sand Timer 25 months, <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1014373">Mr. Scot</a> "Skipper has never communicated to us since the campaign event took place last year. we did'nt get a cent from that event either."
Sand Timer 24 months, <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119437">Mr. Uche-uka</a> "There is no way that I would have put in this enermous amount of time, work and money without being serious with this huge task ahead of building and running an orphanage."
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here to donate to 419Eater</a>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic