SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is there a way we can oust inactive members?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
A SKYHOOK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hay Murry not me SB s the stats nerd Wink
so SB thats 1 for folder,

Now im a folder to but does gum leaves count Wink
ow and straight they allways crack if you do them on an angle

Twisted Evil Last edited SUN/8/2010 by one of the skyhooks The pointed eared fairy, aka "Yasterb" is much nicer looking now since the operation thats her in her new avatar the one on the left with the wax "dummy" of the old elfie Twisted Evil
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The measurement of a sites success is traffic, not member headcounts or who is active or inactive. If your traffic is growing steadily over time then you're doing fine, if it's declining then it's time to rethink things or get out while you can.

I don't bait anymore but I enjoy reading the forums and I can still offer some insights and pass on my experiences to n00bs where I think I can impart something worthwhile .... or just funny. Rolling Eyes
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:
What I do on my own time is my business.

Dear Sir:

I wish to complain in the strongest possible terms . . . .
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Now that SP has stepped down, can we have his inactive arse removed from this forum? Laughing

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Scuttlebutt
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ SP? Sh*t! I hope that's not me.

/sneaks away..

Replaced full quote from post directly above with "^^" because... *sigh* oh, what's the use. You can lead a member to "^^" but you can't make them cool. -luckey

"High school is a lot like prison, the sex you want, you ain't getting; the sex you're getting, you don't want" -The New Guy
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ admin.

Why am I still being forced to read Jojo's crap?
Come on. Make with the "Cull a Cretin" button already.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gee, thanks Lotta? for the Custom tag. Laughing
And I just noticed yours, bill2. Very Happy Swinging Hooks also are real personalities, and not numbers. Laughing

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^Yeah , thanks to that label I have to choose what I can answer Laughing Will reflect in my post count, but upset the statistics so I'm happy Wink

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Honestly! Rolling Eyes

I turn my back to poke real life with a stick and what happens?
PWT disapear, Scam Patroller retires and now we're all talking numbers

What's this St Atistic the patron saint of anyway?
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our forum is just fine the way it is TYVM. Cool It is a Idea baiting Idea forum not a statistics forum (it's not right? Cuz if it is I'm so outta here...freaks Rolling Eyes ). If stats is your thing, no one is stopping you from wasting your own time collecting data and posting your observations. Post whores are most welcome here. Wink It might not make you very popular monitoring members like lab rats, pressuring them into a posting frenzy or else...but at least you'll know.

Hey, I got an idea for a project! Take a random sample of 50 lads & subject them to various baiting techiniques, record your results & let us know what you find out. Frankly, I'd much rather know the probability of a lad safarying or providing various levels of trophies waaaaaaaay more than figuring out the best way of deleting or folderizing members.

I'll just give it to you straight ok. We've got 20k (inactive) members to think of here. You can't really expect us to just throw them under the bus because you show up on the scene with your graphing calculator, the T table permanently etched on your brain, color-coded organizational folders & a high-powered label maker. We are baiters ok. We don't throw fellow baiters to the wolves, we stick together. What kind of arrogant SOB are you anyway? Sad Although I will admit, I kind of like it that you've got balls enough to suddenly appear on a forum of thousands & be like this is my deal & you all have to change things around here to make me nice & comfy. Wink But check this booboo, we've got balls too. Either take us the way we are or don't take us at all.
And a friendly piece of advice: It's Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation NOT Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation all about you, cheers to that! beers!

BTW, welcome to Eater! Very Happy Read those stickies, get a mentor (psst Cherrie I'm available to have my way w/ a particular noob), bait safe, etc., etc., etc.

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Holy Crap, thefife! You certainly have very strong feelings about all this, as well you should. You definitely hold no punches back! Very Happy

@Cherrie - If the certain n00b ever gets matched up with thefife as a mentor, there will be a clipboard burning ritual, an Excel shredding on his harddrive, and he'll be forced to slave away in massbait threads! You have to consider what's best for the mentee. Wink Laughing

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
thefife
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ SHHHHHH SH jeez! I don't want all the other mentors copying my hardcore mentoring style. Laughing Plus now SB wouldn't even be surprised. Embarassed Don't you worry SB, I'll think up something even more spectacularly shocking, I mean, uhh, er 'ship-shaping' for you, I'm QUITE creative. Cool I'll probably let you keep those Z tables you've got stashed away tho...I'm not a total biotch...on some days Wink

Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scuttlebutt wrote:
If we sorted it that way it would be easier to tell who is doing what

EDIT: D'oh! I just read the second page and saw that SlapHappy beat me with the Big Brother reference.

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
full auto
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
^^ I just voted for you to be culled, biatch.

I don't know why, but when the cute furry squirrel makes cute chirping noises like that I associate the tone to that of the Pillsbury Doughboy from the following NSFW clip:

Click

... appropriate commentary at the end of the clip to. Laughing

@The OP: I know plenty of silent baiters and killers. Just because they don't post doesn't mean they aren't working just as hard as the rest. Some just choose to sit back and study more than talk. I also know a few that can't post their baits because it goes way beyond the R rating. Laughing To each their own.

Edit: Speeling

Last edited by full auto on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My hubby is one of those " inactive" members.
He does the odd bait but RL is very busy ( astronomy studies etc )
He reckons I blether enough for two Rolling Eyes
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scuttlebutt wrote:
Iit would be easier to tell who is doing what
I'm posting this from a laptop while Shocked puke ah er, nevermind Embarassed

I'm sure everyone is now much happier for knowing what I may or may not but likely am doing.

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Scuttlebutt
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

callum wrote:
Scuttlebutt wrote:

I'm sure everyone is now much happier for knowing what I may or may not but likely am doing.
Reading Calvin and Hobbes will make ya do that

/"Weirdos from Another Planet" First book I ever read.

"High school is a lot like prison, the sex you want, you ain't getting; the sex you're getting, you don't want" -The New Guy
luckey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scuttlebutt wrote:
callum wrote:
Scuttlebutt wrote:

Reading Calvin and Hobbes will make ya do that

/"Weirdos from Another Planet" First book I ever read.

Please stop quoting the full post directly above yours. It makes things harder to read and it feeds into one of my pet peeves which tends to make me want to oust people.

thefife
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^He's just trying to make it easier for you to cross-reference members' replies so you can quickly tell who's responding to whom, when, & how often and in what forum & topic category with GMT date/time stamping. Embarassed And what do you do? You slap him for violating the (wild & crazy AKA highly disorganized) forum "etiquette" of not quoting in it's entirety the post right above your post in which you're responding to the post right above your post! Ingrate! Honestly, I don't know how you sleep at night. Evil or Very Mad

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
luckey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thefife wrote:
^^He's just trying to make it easier for you to cross-reference members' replies so you can quickly tell who's responding to whom, when, & how often and in what forum & topic category with GMT date/time stamping. Embarassed And what do you do? You slap him for violating the (wild & crazy AKA highly disorganized) forum "etiquette" of not quoting in it's entirety the post right above your post in which you're responding to the post right above your post! Ingrate! Honestly, I don't know how you sleep at night. Evil or Very Mad

Good point.

luckey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

luckey wrote:
thefife wrote:

Good point.

I mean the one about the thing you said.

Scuttlebutt
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Please stop quoting the full post directly above yours. It makes things harder to read and it feeds into one of my pet peeves which tends to make me want to oust people.

Slap me again! I like it! Wink

/TADAAAAAAAAAAAA I accommodated!

/edit/

crap.

Fixed quote tags. By now, I'm a little surprised you haven't mastered that. -luckey

Last edited by Scuttlebutt on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I frequent another forum where they do that, and it ends up looking like cubist hyperspace, or a reading down a long oblong tunnel.

It ain't pretty, and is the only time I wish my Eater mod keys worked on there. (Grown men bicker like children about nothing, but I ignore all that, it's someone else's problem Cool )

Anyone remember when we all spent a wild night on the Concepts College forums? It was like the sacking of Carthage.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
thefife
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scuttlebutt wrote:
Slap me again! I like it! Wink

I knew we'd be perfect for each other. Just ask SlapHappy. I got mad skillz w/ the beating Mad skillz. Wink

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is there any way that we can mask the number three? Not the typed word "three", just the number three. I don't like it, and I want it masked. The number "2" is okay, as long as it doesn't get any closer to "three." Decimal places are right out. Can you mods get right on that please?

For the record, I think there's some active members that need to be purged before we start looking at the inactive members.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic