SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Should I continue with this potential bait?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TonyThePrawn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi folks. I recently 'sold' an item on eBay to a lovely Nigerian gent who 'paid' with a fake paypal email.

Slightly annoyingly, ebay is linked into my work email address (real name, address etc). However, I've set up a fake hotmail account and have received some more recent correspondence via this account. (He's wanting a western union payment for the 'extra' postage he added.....)

I've sent out some drivel about how I can't because my cat has cancer etc to see if he bites. But what I want to know is, is he likely to link the fake address to my work account? And if he did, what's the chances of getting any comebacks from him? I have read the dire warnings about how these people are murderers etc so I may just give up.

Advice appreciated

Tony
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Personally I reckon any link between your made up life and real one should mean dropping the bait.

It's not like there's a shortage of anonymous scammers to bait Wink
TonyThePrawn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea probably. Seems a shame though and I ended up paying the listing fees from ebay....

I might wait a while, set up another address somewhere and have a crack.

My colleagues suggested that I mail him a shit instead of the phone he 'bought'. I'm quite tempted by this option as well.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic