SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Receive Phone Calls and Record Them FREE

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Many thanks.
archer
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My laptop has a built in mic, there's no unplugging to be done. If i mute or disable the built in mic, skype won't let me call out. There is no "stereo mix", or "what you hear" option for the SigmaTel sound cards on Dell laptops. I've checked the "Show Disabled Devices" box and it still won't show up. From what I've read it's a common problem with Dell computers that have SigmaTel sound cards. The option to record whatever comes out of the sound card is simply not there using the current sound card driver. The solution may involve downloading LG audio drivers, but that may not work on recently built Dell computers. I'm fairly certain other people on this board have run into the same problem, which is why I keep discussing it. Sorry to hijack your thread.

If you've laughed at any of these threads, DONATE TO THE CAUSE!!
tss1961
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Double click on the speaker icon on the lower left of screen (taskbar). MASTER VOLUME should open up a window. Select OPTIONS. Select PROPERTIES. Select RECORDING. This is where the STEREO MIX lives, ensure a check mark is in the Stereo Mix box. Hit OK. You will be backed out to a RECORDING CONTROL window. Here is where you select where to record from, if all went as planned you should now be able to select the Stereo Mix as your source.

[edit to add] If you do not see a speaker icon on the taskbar...
START-CONTROL PANEL-SOUNDS AND AUDIO DEVICES PROPERTIES on the VOLUME TAB ensure a check mark is in PLACE VOLUME ICON IN THE TASKBAR, hit OK then do above. Some audio cards or non-windows-shipped audio software will take over the taskbar and remove the speaker icon. When done, and if this works you can go back and remove the speaker icon.

But, in lad-land, does anything ever go as according to plan???

-- "I have to tell you some thing you do not know,nigeria is a place where scam artist leave,for your own good never you in your life have any thing to do with any nigerians or esle you we be scamed."
-- "i checked the western union money transfer for more than 7hours and i got nothing and the time i spent had an effect on my eyes"
-- "So i have been trying my best running hecter secter looking for what to do. "
Kacky
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would recommend listening to the podcast for examples of how a phone call might play out. There's a lot of fumbling at first and it gives you time to settle down and get comfortable. It's not hard to make them forget which scam they are pulling. The lad trying to open a home for wayward girls was easily diverted!
Kacky
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NickTheCop wrote:
The trick is recording both what you are hearing (audio out) and what you are recording/inputting (audio in) simultaneously without any notifications or commercials cutting up your sound.

I've never heard a commercial. Gizmo does give a notification, but you can yell over it to cover it up. You'll want to practice first.
archer
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, I think I've finally fixed the problem! I had to download a SigmaTel driver for XP Service Pack 2 and set Vista to run it in compatibility mode. Stereo Mix now shows up and I'll test it tonight. Smile Thanks for the help everyone. What a pain in the ass to fix!! Dell can go to Hell.

If you've laughed at any of these threads, DONATE TO THE CAUSE!!
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kacky wrote:
I've never heard a commercial. Gizmo does give a notification, but you can yell over it to cover it up.

I'm a total nazi when it comes to perfection in recording, so naturally, that notification pisses me off. So I turned to third party recorders which, of course, come with intentional breaks in recording, unacceptable. This is why I spent all that time trying to get the recording part of it right.

I know that little issues that no one really notices shouldn't bother me, but they do. It's a character flaw.

archer wrote:
Stereo Mix now shows up and I'll test it tonight. Smile

clapping Great!
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

IPKall with Gizmo5 - Photo Tutorial

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

Step 5:

Step 6:

Step 7:

See, I'm not completely useless. Wink

I hope this will be more helpful than my muddy explanations.

EDIT: Just some notes to clear any confusion.

Between steps 1 and 2, you'd wait for the program to download, install it, and run it.

After step 7, you have to wait a few hours before your number is granted. They'll contact you by e-mail.

After that, you can call yourself to test that all is working fine.
tss1961
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nick, I waited for your tutorial before asking the burning question (burning in my head). After successfully setting this up, which number do you give out? IPKall or Gizmo? The question sounds simple and I know the answer but...1) I did the set up as you described, called both numbers and get a "cannot connect as dialed" recording, 2) I just cannot wrap my mind around why one needs the IPkall "layer", I guess I do not understand what Gizmo is not doing for you.

I too am OCD but that's OK because I am also ADD so I don't pay attention to my compulsions. Laughing

-- "I have to tell you some thing you do not know,nigeria is a place where scam artist leave,for your own good never you in your life have any thing to do with any nigerians or esle you we be scamed."
-- "i checked the western union money transfer for more than 7hours and i got nothing and the time i spent had an effect on my eyes"
-- "So i have been trying my best running hecter secter looking for what to do. "
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The IPKall number is the one that functions like a landline. The Gizmo5 number is the SIP number.

You have to have Gizmo5 on and be logged in to your account when you call yourself.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't answer your second question. You need the IPKall "layer" because your Gizmo5 number is not a conventional one. IPKall sets up a conventional number which, as I said above, functions like a landline, and connects it to your Gizmo5 number so that you have a "device" (albeit virtual) for taking the calls.
tss1961
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahhhhh, I get it now. One of those things that is simple enough to baffle the mind. Thanks for the tip, I'll reset and retest. Thanks.

scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost

your lad at 1 864 380 0452 is now running from the cops, who are about to knock on his door Twisted Evil or at least he thinks they are after I rang him

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Please tell me that you recorded that.
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks SB3 Laughing

Nick that is a very nice setting up a tutorial. IPKall plus gizmos is very simple to set up...once you know how. It took me a while to figure out on my own.

I remember my biggest question is what is a SIP. Then I didn't care and I just wanted to find it.

From the gizmo soft phone go to edit>my profle. You find your SIP number under...SIP number. Should look like [email protected]. So when you use it to sign up for an IPKall number your SIP phone number is 1747xxxxxxx and the SIP proxy is proxy01.sipphone.com

Then you just wait for IPKall to send you your number. I waited about a day. Once you have the number you are ready to take calls.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
IPKall plus gizmos is very simple to set up...once you know how. It took me a while to figure out on my own.

It took me just over two hours to figure out that ridiculously short procedure. Quite frankly, I'm surprised I recalled it so easily when I was making the tutorial. Confused

Ghost wrote:
From the gizmo soft phone go to edit>my profle. You find your SIP number under...SIP number. Should look like [email protected].

Originally, that was going to be in the tutorial instead of checking on the website. I reconsidered when I noticed that sometimes its there, sometimes its not. At first I thought my marbles were slipping out of the bag when I went back for the screenshot and couldn't find it anywhere. I have no idea what causes these disappearances and reappearances. It must be hackers from the telephone companies.
dh_mac
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

man.. thats IPKall/ Gizmo thingy is pretty slick.

Thanks again for this great find as I've been signed up for a little more then 24 hours and its like a Mugu radio call in show on my end!

There has been a lot of "...hold please" with me burnin up their credit/ ignorin' and full on abuse thrown at all my crooked friends who are really eager to get their funny money control number. Next step: visiting the sound boards with Joe Pesci or Aaaaarnie !

Anyone who's bothered to read any of my posts may recognize that one of my biggest peeves as a baiter is being I'm in North America. Now I can do this reasonably & receive phone calls from Lad land without spending a cent.

Nick gets my vote for "Employee of the Month" for this find! clapping

"..SCAN ME THE BANK RECEIPT AGAIN AND MAKE SURE YOU SCAN IT PROPERLY SO THAT IT CAN BE SEEINGABLE." Mr_Berkley

"...WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO UNH, TO KILL MY SELF BECAUSE OF A PARCKAGE.." Androse V1ncent-another satisfied customer of ParcelDirect

"..I AM TOTALY DISAPONTED THE WAY YOU ARE TAKING THIS TRANSACTION ...IF I HAVE KNEW YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE THIS TRANSACTRION THIS WAY ..I WIL NOT CONTACT YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME"-DR_Usman

Russia United States
tss1961
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great find Nic, Using this method and a great soundboard kept my lad busy for a while today. But I forgot to record them...dammit!

My favorite soundboard is http://www.obamasoundoff.com/, Not that I like Obama just it has some great clips... some I really do not think Obama ever said, but it sure does sound like him.

Rock on!

scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sorry nick i did not record my call telling the lads the cops are comeing,
I keep them very short and to the point, asking "do you understand me" and then yelling louder
I may go back and read your recording info, I set up gizmo and another SIP system a while back and it worked fine, but i find my mobile phone to be a bit easier, i rang another scammer today, I hope he is still running, I love these early morning calls, they are frazzled right from the start being half awake Laughing

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another useful site for making free calls. Web3tel calls your IPKall (or whatever) number then connects you to the number you want to call. Calls to certain areas are free.

http://www.web3tel.com

You can also use the web3tel gadget with iGoogle

http://www.google.com/ig/adde?moduleurl=www.web3tel.com/smartphone22.xml

NickTheCop wrote:
I reconsidered when I noticed that sometimes its there, sometimes its not.

I noticed that too. Strange huh?

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dh_mac wrote:
of my biggest peeves as a baiter is being I'm in North America. Now I can do this reasonably & receive phone calls from Lad land without spending a cent.

Do you guys have to pay for incoming calls up in Canada as well?

dh_mac wrote:
Nick gets my vote for "Employee of the Month" for this find! clapping

Aww, shucks.

tss1961 wrote:
My favorite soundboard is http://www.obamasoundoff.com/

That's a pretty funny soundboard, plenty of baiting quotes in there.

Ghost wrote:
Another useful site for making free calls. Web3tel calls your IPKall (or whatever) number then connects you to the number you want to call. Calls to certain areas are free.

http://www.web3tel.com

I wish West African countries were in the list. On the bright side, apparently they plan to add the rest of the world eventually.
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Heya Ghost. I've been playing around with Web3Tel and it really is a grand service. The only problem I have with it, though, is that it seems to be blocked by UK telephone providers. Of the 20 or so lads with UK numbers I've tried, none have gone through.

I had tons of fun threatening that Canadian lad at 2:30am, though. Would you happen to have any more numbers of Canada and USA based lads?

EDIT: I just realized that all of the "UK" numbers I tried were 4470 numbers, oops. Otherwise, Web3tel connect to the UK just fine.

Last edited by NickTheCop on Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
dh_mac
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Do you guys have to pay for incoming calls up in Canada as well?

Yup. And it drives me crazy to no end. AFAIK there are few countries (Canada/US/Japan..) are the only regions where you must pay to receive mobile phone calls.

But this IPKall/ Gizmo set up is just dandy.

"..SCAN ME THE BANK RECEIPT AGAIN AND MAKE SURE YOU SCAN IT PROPERLY SO THAT IT CAN BE SEEINGABLE." Mr_Berkley

"...WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO UNH, TO KILL MY SELF BECAUSE OF A PARCKAGE.." Androse V1ncent-another satisfied customer of ParcelDirect

"..I AM TOTALY DISAPONTED THE WAY YOU ARE TAKING THIS TRANSACTION ...IF I HAVE KNEW YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE THIS TRANSACTRION THIS WAY ..I WIL NOT CONTACT YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME"-DR_Usman

Russia United States
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Before you mentioned that, I thought that the United States was the only place where you had to pay for incoming calls. Before I moved to America, I wasn't even aware of the practice.
NotPhil
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

(I necro for a good cause)

Another great free way to record conversations is with X-Lite from CounterPath.net

http://counterpath.com/x-lite.html
http://counterpath.net/X-Lite-Download.html

fill in SIP proxy information
place call (or receive call)
click record button
save as WAV format for best results

no need to use annoying skype bloatware ;)

many VSPs allow free incoming calls from any DDI.. find your SIP URI and forward DDI there

* unenahnce email with gibberish
despite my post count I am nowhere near mastery.. honesty in RL seeping in
click2call modality: burn up those minutes

"but be what you have to send under" - St3phani3 Blanch0t
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice. Audacity frequently crashes after recording (obviously resulting in a lost conversation) so this will definitely be useful.

For the record, have you tested it yourself to confirm everything functions like it's promoted? All to often we can come across software advertising great things, only to find out that there's some or other "catch".

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic