SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

i'd love to see this guy baited...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
everymosquito
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My wife just got emailed by a one [email protected]; the scam is basically that he is getting married in the states and has a HUGE budget. He has hired a "Logistics Agent" who doesnt take credit cards and wants my wife to run the full amount and send the logistics agent a check for a set sum of money.

I would love to bait this guy but i have a terrible feeling that i would suck at it. Id love to watch as a pro works thier magic; id also be willing to be shadowed as i take this punk on Laughing

either way lemme know and i can pass off the email thread!
Nancelot
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you post the email with headers? Also, I highly recommend the mentor's thread, where you can request help learning to bait.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Delivered-To:
Received: by 10.141.36.2 with SMTP id o2cs18703rvj;
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 04:00:24 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.66.222.6 with SMTP id u6mr4109916ugg.19.1226577621850;
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 04:00:21 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from web28407.mail.ukl.yahoo.com (web28407.mail.ukl.yahoo.com [87.248.110.156])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id 27si2860890ugp.37.2008.11.13.04.00.18;
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 04:00:20 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 87.248.110.156 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of [email protected]) client-ip=87.248.110.156;
DomainKey-Status: good (test mode)
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 87.248.110.156 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of [email protected]) [email protected]; domainkeys=pass (test mode) [email protected]
Received: (qmail 67257 invoked by uid 60001); 13 Nov 2008 12:00:18 -0000
h=X-YMail-OSGReceived: from [208.78.58.213] by web28407.mail.ukl.yahoo.com via HTTP; Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:00:17 GMT
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.7.260.1
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:00:17 +0000 (GMT)
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: Sorry for my late response
To:
In-Reply-To: <000601c93fb7$3544dbc0$9fce9340$@com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-66284446-1226577617=:66983"
Message-ID: <[email protected]>

Good to read from you. Sorry for this late response to your mail. What ever=
amount is required to settle a vendor will be sent=C2=A0to you as soon=C2=
=A0as i get details of=C2=A0from you.=C2=A0I am glad to tell you that we ha=
ve concluded all payment arrangements. I will send to you my Visa credit ca=
rd details that will cover the cost of our booking, and the necessary arran=
gement for the guests. Moreover, we also made an arrangement with a logisti=
cs agent who will take care of all the guests logistics to include.=20
=C2=A0=20
=C2=A0
1) Flight bookings
2) International Airport transfer=20
3) Transportation logistics during our stay for couple and special guest=20
=C2=A0=20
However, because of security reasons and confidentiality reposed on you and=
because they do not have credit card facility, I have decided that only YO=
U will have to handle the credit card information. So, once you receive my =
visa card information, you are required to charge the total amount of {9,00=
0 GBP + bank charges} then Deduct your deposit which is {3,000 GBP} and sen=
d the balance of {6000 GBP} to the logistics agent whose information will b=
e forwarded to you once this is confirmed. So confirm this.
=C2=A0=20
You are also to deduct the visa fees and taxes involved in processing this =
amount. PLEASE CONFIRM IF THIS ARRANGEMENT IS OK AND REPLY PROMPTLY TO ENAB=
LE US PROCEED.=20
=C2=A0=20
Best regards,=20
Dr. David Freeman
+447045798736
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome here. Go ahead and bait him yourself. You'll learn by trying.

If I understand this correctly, your wife must have a business that accepts credit cards, this scammer wants to give you the credit card info and have your wife run it and make a payment to him?

The credit card information is very obviously stolen.

To bait him yourself: Set up a gmail account gmail with all fake information, that sounds like a company name. Email him from that account indicating that you have received his request to run a credit card to help him out and that you're willing to do so. Get the information from him and then PM it to a moderator, who will pass it on to have the card frozen, etc. That victim will be saved. Then, you can stall him a bit and tell him the credit card number isn't working. If he has a source for stolen credit card information, you can keep going with this modality, baiting the info out of him.

Good Luck!

PS. If you would like a mentor, sign up for one here: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Create a fake email address, and respond as if you were a real person interested in the proposition.

Ask all the right questions (think like a real victim)
-Pictures of his family
-Why he hired someone who doesn't take cards
-Date of the wedding
-What's in it for you (fee-wise)
-Etc.

Just slowly, cautiously, lead him down the garden path. Make him think you're on the hook and just need reeling in, slowly, gently, patiently. Then ask a difficult question or find a form for him to fill in (Homeland Security or some other made-up local laws on money laundering), promise to send him payment by WU but get him to explain 10x over how to do it, mis-scan forms, use MTCN 5Ecure (a baiter tool to waste his time)

Basically just fuck with him - the longer you mess with his mind, the happier everyione is Smile
everymosquito
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

done and done Razz ive posted in the mentor thread, but seeing as my wifes business is on the line and she has already sent replies (figuring it might be real) id like to be shadowed on this one so as not to risk her or her business Shocked

any ideas on how to setup an email address that still appears to be from my wifes business but cant be traced back to her domain?
parrot
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stop all correspondence from the real email address.

Set up a fake one that may sound a little similar. More than likely they dont' even pay attention to it.

"I got your email and you made me laugh, I guess you have slapped a lawyer before, if you slap me, I will jail you, WELL JUST JOKING, I guess I triggered your anger, by my ealier speech, I AM VERY SORRY, I was so stressed up in the court today"

"these documents are personal as they are alot of scams around and need certain of these informationd for their personal use."
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, don't make it similar to your wifes email address. Lads don't keep track of who they spam, so it won't matter what addy you use.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would echo Special_K's advice to keep your bait completely separate from every aspect of your wife's real life information. Use a name that is completely different. You don't want to give the lad any reason to be mad at your wife, should he suspect anything.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
everymosquito
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so not even legitamizing the email by mentioning her company name or anything? got it... here's what im thinking:

Quote:
Dr Freeman,

I'd like to introduce myself, my name is J@ckson M@kens@y; ive been assigned your account and im excited to be taking care of all your planning needs! Ive been forwarded the email correspondance thus far and I understand you have worked out payment details and are ready to move forward. After I process your payment info we can lock your date in the calendar and move forward with your exciting day!

What I need from you is the visa information and the name/address of the Logistics agent so that we can get payment to them asap. Before i can process payment, however, ive attached some paper work that needs to be filled out (including our contract) so that we can get you in the system. Please fill it out completely and return it to me as soon as possible and we will get things going!

Regards,
J@ckson M@Kens@y
MaKensay Events

Attached would be some fairly lengthy forms including the usual fields and a questionair on what thier likes/dislikes are for the wedding...

yay? nay? am i even close?

Last edited by everymosquito on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Close? I'd say spot on! Very Happy

Your proposed email sounds like the continuation of a previous correspondence. The lad - even if he doesn't recognize the addy - will put it down to how many victims he's trying it on with, and he will grab at your willingness to proceed. Well done. Smile

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fantastic - just keep on keeping on, remember the second golden rule (after 'Bait Safe' at #1) is to make the lad do all the work. The more time they spend thinking they're reeling you in, the more time they're not scamming real victims, and the more miserable they'll be when they can't ever *quite* reach the cash...
larry
Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A great start. Make sure if there is a problem with one credit card that you ask for alternates. Very Happy

Keep us posted!

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd like to have a go myself, but I have too many running right now.

This has many possibilities, but I must mention that I belong to the 'Wacko Jacko' branch of baiting, and these baits have a high mortality rating, but when they ignite, the hilarity is icandescent.

I presume that this is event planning, and my (deranged) brain thinks you could ask him to describe the size of event he is wanting and the sort of spectacle - fireworks and a few jugglers or maybe the full on themed spectacle including elephants and maybe a celebrity or two unless he would prefer something based on a Wild West Rodeo. Tell him this would be perfect for a wedding ceremony or business function and you have great experience in this sort of multi-disciplinary extravaganza.

No need to lay it on too wildly at the start, but increasingly make it more hideous and you'll end up laughing yourself silly as you design an event that even a Roman Emperor would find garish and bizarre.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
everymosquito
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i love it! unfortunately no word from the lad yet... the last email from him to my wife took 7 or so days; maybe he has a few on the hook?
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Everymosquito, it looks like you would be a fantastic baiter. That is a well crafted response.

While you are doing that bait, get involved in a "Mass bait", where you can participate in an ongoing bait. That is an excellent way to learn a lot of tricks by getting feed back and watching other baiters.

Have fun, read the stickies, bait safe, etc.

Nice to have you aboard!~

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
everymosquito
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

how would one find a mass bait to get involved in? id love to see the pro's at work Razz
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's a few mass bait threads...take your pick. Razz

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150339
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151840
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151668
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115475
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150429
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=147257
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150465

Welcome to the party!
everymosquito
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Found a recent one ( http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151668&start=100 ), thx Special_K! how old can a mass bait be before its not really viable anymore?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic