SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Australian newspaper article

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ferdinand
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24642117-23375,00.html

Apologies if this has already been posted.

It kind of got my back up a tad.

Apparently, we are all geeky, racist homophobes who treat our lads no better than the prisoners at abu graib Shocked

I wonder if she feels as sorry for an old widow who has just lost the lot due to these scum.

I think a mass bait is in order Laughing

Last edited by Ferdinand on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I posted this same story in Main just now, but deleted my post after noticing your post here.

Darn ladhuggers...these guys haven't done any research on baiting at all. Rolling Eyes

I can't find a place to comment publicly so I'm going to email them: [email protected] If you email them, remember to stay polite and civil.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OOOOOO!!! look Mavis, it's another one of them lad hugging journos, that really should have done more research and spoke to the victims and a spokesperson for this site.

I do like the digilante quote though. It makes me sound edgy and dangerous, Shocked Laughing Makes a change from being called a dilatante, I suppose.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd hope he's a better journalist than he is an immunologist, but his analogy sounds cool without being accurate, which pretty much sums up his journalistic style.

Having come a hairs breadth from losing my immune system last year I read up on the subject. I suggest he does the same about baiting too before passing comment.

Baiters do it better (than hacks). Cool

... and why pray does he quote British statistics ?

Are there no Australian baiters ? (we know otherwise) or Australian victims ? (we know otherwise).

Lazy journalis(m)t.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning

Last edited by GomerPyle on Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Awwww, poor scammers.

Quote:
"what started out as a good-natured form of rough justice has become, in some respects, a theatre of cruelty".

Obviously he needs to acquaint himself with "dark humor" because I find this hysterical. Laughing

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

She needs to get off her damn high horse.

I guess the lads don't willingly send these pics. - She's an idiot and should spend more time researching the damage the scammers do to people's lives instead. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Conning what looks like an entire village into posing with "arse bandit" signs seems to be taking things an Abu Ghraib too far

She clearly missed the tattoos. Laughing

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lotta wrote:
She clearly missed the tattoos.

That's what I was thinking. If she's upset by some signs how would she feel about the tats--or one of the wicked evil safaris? Shocked Laughing

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Or the baaaaaad photos? We can blame NN for it, she/he talked me into going along with that. Wink

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope someone points her to us, so we can have a pleasant talk. Smile

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Ferdinand
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

I sent her an email. Amongst other things I invited her to join...

Quote:
They're a friendly bunch at 419eater. You should register and do a bit of baiting yourself, you may enjoy it. And you may save old Mrs. Smith down the road from getting her life savings taken from her.

Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Straight-baiters rarely get any nastier than childish sneering in their final "ha ha, I tricked you" message. But elite practitioners (or master baiters, as they like to call themselves) treat scam-baiting as an out and out blood sport.

[1] Who burns the Lads these days?

[2] The elite don't call themselves Master Baiters - do you NN, YW, Shiver and JJB and others?

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
[2] The elite don't call themselves Master Baiters - do you NN, YW, Shiver and JJB and others?

Nope, we call them assholes these days, (well except for shiver, he still is a god to us Laughing Laughing ) and they love it. Wink Wink

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
Sir Cumfrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well there was some fine words of balanced reporting. Describing us as;

"brutal underground warriors"
"ruthless"
"childish"
engaging in "blood sport"
"geeky"
"crass, cold-blooded and possibly even homophobic and racist"
Shiver got off fairly lightly as the "dark prince".

Gee, anyone else suspect that [email protected] is baiting us?

I get the very strong impression that this "learned journalist" considers that the scammers we target are solely purveyors of the greed-inspired NOK or dodgy funds transfer variety; pointedly ignoring the pet scams, payment reprasentative scams, adoption scams, lottery scams, craigslist scams, romance scams, etc..

I suspect that this person has got hold of a tiny, teensie scrap of a scambait epic and then tarred all baiters with the same brush. A pity.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No doubt Emma will read this thread sometime later today.

I've sent her a note explaining one or two things including a link to this thread.

Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I suspect that this person has got hold of a tiny, teensie scrap of a scambait epic and then tarred all baiters with the same brush.

Of course she has -- she's a journalist.

I wouldn't get too upset over this, folks.

All publicity, even ignorant publicity, is liable to help our cause. We should be thankful she's even tried to tackle a serious subject, a major departure from her usual witless ramblings about the desirability of personal perforations and other similar topics of major import.... Rolling Eyes

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It refers to "The Atlantic" which led me to this.
www.theatlantic.com/doc/200706/cyberscam
Also somewhat hostile. It refers to scammers as "petty thieves", which is hardly an accurate description of criminals who are quite happy to take victims for everything they've got.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I defend Emma's right to shoot from the hip and spout complete and utter nonsense about topics she knows absolutely nothing about. I do it all the time. Wink

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
lunar jim
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess I'd better stop now then before I get serious! Oh wait, I've just had an email from a mugu moaning the attachment I sent him was too big, hang on
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The only upset is that some journalist should make such sweeping comments based on such superficial knowledge.

There is a story - and we know that Australia has a specific problem with victims of 419 scammers - but this article appears to have been researched largely by use of Google whereas if the 'hack' had contacted the Australian authorities (with whom one of our members has contacts), then they may actually have written something of factual significance and relevance.

It's comic book journalism from a seat high atop Mt Olympus with a view clearly obscured by the clouds.

To aid future investigative google-based journalism may I recommend this link

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=28&ContentID=99972

It also provides some relevant facts and figures relating to Australia.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Emma thinks the world would be a more pleasant place if punters made an effort to disagree with each other more politely. She also wishes people would stop e-mailing her about her teeth.

Your world would be a much better place if you didn't call me a Geeky Cohort. Twisted Evil

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
lunar jim
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
Please don't quote whole posts - its messy and we can see the post above this one! Smile - RC

I think she's cute
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think she has nice teeth. I wonder if anyone ever told her that? I think I should write her an email... Laughing Laughing Laughing

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
lunar jim
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone had a reply from her? I guess it's pretty late over there now...
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Geeky cohort"? Eh, I've been called worse.

The article is really not that surprising. It's an opinion developed by a novice, who knows little about the damage these people cause.

I would encourage this young woman to do a bit of baiting herself. I'm sure an experienced person on this board would be more than willing to help her out (not jojo...not jojo....not jojo...) . Have her present her character as an elderly woman struggling to make the mortage payments and provide support to her husband who is undergoing cancer treatments. Or have her pose as a 15 year old runaway that has access to the money her grandmother left her. Or possibly a person sending in the house payment, with the understanding that if the money doesn't come quickly her house will be taken by the bank.

I'm not trying to sound crass, but I don't believe that a person truly understands the lads until that person baits a few lads. Emma suffers from the somewhat normal opinion that nobody could possibly be as cruel and heartless as the lads are.

The article was written not with malice, but with ignorance. Oh, and it's best to avoid the topic of the tats. Very Happy

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
Nancelot
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, I totally get that to someone coming in from the outside, some of the more extreme trophies (how do I put this nicely) look a little . . . racist and homophobic? I know there's a strict policy here about racism, but not all baiters live here, and it's not initially obvious (thus the posted, strictly enforced, and much appreciated policies on racism). And personally, I find some of the trophies uncomfortably close to GBLTQ phobia.

It would have been nice if the reporter had requested interviews here, and talked to some victims. (She didn't, did she?) It feels like the characterizations are off - it's not blood sport at all. The damage is 99% virtual, time-wasting activities, with people arriving in Abeche holding anti-Muslim signs a shockingly small percentage of the time.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic