SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Unsure What to Do

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
rascal
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guys, I've had an email from a supposed finance company offering loans, I could see straight away that it was a scam but a company of the same name actually exists, the scammer has used the correct address but an odd phone number which has already been used in another scam. I've done a whois on the real companies domain name and it all seems to check out right back to the web designers and everything. Should I report this scam to the company so that they can shut it down?
Thanks
Rascal
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good find, you paid attention. Thumbs up
If.. then use a fake addy and sent them a copy of that email complete with headers, that should do the trick. Where did the scammer send his email from? Yahoo or a special domain that looks like the company? Or why not show the whole email here and I'll help you to get everything out of there what we can.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ What he said. Wink

Also, if the sender's address corresponds with that company's domain-name check if there is a Reply-To-header in the mail, or if the lad simply tells you "Reply to me at ...@...".

Mail-headers, as you surely know, can easily be spoofed, which of course includes the sender's address.

As bill suggested I'd think it would be useful to see post the headers here, or even the whole mail.
But I think removing the reference to the abused company may be okay in order for them not to show up here when being googled, may not be that good for the image, even if it clearly states here that they are legit.

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
rascal
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It was a live.com email addy and the real company use their own domain for emails.
I've just copied and pasted the email, not sure how to do anything else. Anything else you need let me know

from BFXCAP1TALF1NANCE L0AN0FF1CE <[email protected]>
to [email protected]
date Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:55 AM
subject Edmund Blackadder II-----Our Loan Terms and Conditions---Management
mailed-by live.com

hide details 11:55 AM (2 hours ago)

Images are not displayed.
Display images below - Always display images from [email protected]
BFX Capital Finance
174 Partington Lane,
Swinton,
MANCHESTER,
M27 0WN
UNITED KINGDOM
Tel: +447045799851
Customer: Edmund Blackadder II

This is an official email reply sequel to your loan request email received. We are happy to receive and honor your loan email request. It is our high and accomplishing esteem to give loans also to sincere and serious business and individual men outside our country, but must meet with all the necessary requirements. We give out loans to Individuals, families, student, Organization, Business Men and women that needs financial assistance at the interest rate of 3.5%.

Loan is given out in Pounds, Euro and $US. The MAXIMUM we give is 7,000,000.00-Seven Million both in pounds, Euro and $US and the MINIMUM is 5,000.00-Five Thousand pounds, Euro and $US.

We give out loan to serious minded people and those that we know they can pay us back install-mentally at the stipulated time that is agreed. Loan that is up to $18,000,000.00-Eighteen Million can be given to those that falls only on this category:

Manager of a company
A private Holder
A broker in banks
A director in any office or company
A high investor of a company

Monthly Repayment : The applicant will start the repayment of loan on the 26th of every month starting from 9 months after loan has been transferred to the beneficiary's account with an install-mental payment.

The borrower is require to send in an INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT/IDENTITY CARD for proper identification and onward proceedings of this transaction. This is also needed for the Insuring process of this transaction which will be done by the Lender.

We transfers loan fund to our customers through three reliable ways: Bank Draft(Currier Delivery), Bank Wire Transfer and International Funds Transfer(Mashreq).

Fill this application form below and return to us for proper calculations and documentations to your Loan:

* Full Name Of Applicant:
* Address Of Applicant:
* City:
* State:
* Tel:/ Mobile:
* Actual Total Amount Requested: $
* Loan Duration:

After submitting the Loan Application,You will expect a preliminary answer less than 24 hours and funding within 72-96 hours of receiving the information we need from You.

Yours in Service
M1cha3l Th0mps0n D0n
rascal
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just noticed I got the same email from a yahoo.com addy as well.
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since you are using GMail you can easily get the full mail, including the headers, by clicking the arrow to the right of the reply-button. There you will find "Show Original", which does the trick.

Anyway, so the only real thing the lad used was the address and the name, right?
Well, it's unlikely that an interested person would be reply by snail-mail, but a lot more likely that he'll give a call or simply reply to the mail.

Having a real company name of the business gives the lad credibility as people can check that this company exists. Many people fail to notice that most companies don't rely on Yahoo/MSN/GMail for their mail-exchange...

About forwarding the mail to the company: I'd vote yes, as then at least they know that their name is being abused in scam-mails. And maybe they can post something about it on their website.

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
rascal
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, got the header as shown below. Have already forwarded to company concerned.
Thanks for the help guys.

Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.86.61.8 with SMTP id j8cs13015fga;
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 03:55:56 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.100.142.4 with SMTP id p4mr3875068and.23.1226490955615;
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 03:55:55 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <bfxc@pit@lf1n@[email protected]>
Received: from blu0-omc3-s32.blu0.hotmail.com (blu0-omc3-s32.blu0.hotmail.com [65.55.116.107])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id d12si7964702and.2.2008.11.12.03.55.55;
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 03:55:55 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of bfxc@pit@[email protected] designates 65.55.116.107 as permitted sender) client-ip=65.55.116.107;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of bfxc@[email protected] designates 65.55.116.107 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=bfxc@[email protected]
Received: from BLU120-W1 ([65.55.116.74]) by blu0-omc3-s32.blu0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 03:55:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: bfxcapit@lf1n@[email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_637ac24c-0233-47de-adee-96e4219dc79c_"
X-Originating-IP: [82.205.243.5]
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: 3dmund Black@dder II-----Our Loan Terms and Conditions---Management
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 02:55:55 -0900
Importance: Normal
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 12 Nov 2008 11:55:55.0044 (UTC) FILETIME=[9E334E40:01C944BD]

Last edited by rascal on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you can block out your own addy there Wink
go to your post click edit, xxxx some and push submit

Now what to do with that header, eh
Try this open a window http://headertool.apelord.com/headers and copy-paste the whole header in there click check header and see what it does for you Wink Book mark that one, you will need it again.

So you have now 82.205.243.5 Nigeria (Awka) that's interesting, you never new they had an office there too Laughing

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps they big company and operate in diverse countries Very Happy
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just find their email addy and mail them the whole letter + header (with your other email removed) from a SAFE addy and you did what you could to warn them.
Now you can decide if you want to bait this sucker? Wink

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh I think I'll go for a bit of baiting, perhaps as an old man desperate for some extra money. See how quickly he bites.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

try baiting with three characters, one today, two tomorrow and three the day after that. As one is first in line he got the lads questions so two and three can come up with problems before he can ask the questions Wink
Now if it gets boring two can meet one and tell the lad about it Twisted Evil

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's so quick and easy to get a loan off these people. Amzingly as soon as you get the agreement through tehy tell you that the company has move to Nigeria. Still, good iterest rates, not sure how an 82 year old man is going to pay off $98,000 though, at least not over 12 years. I hope their securities good though because I would hate for Mr G0m3r to be getting in on the act.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic