SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Receive Phone Calls and Record Them FREE

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, that title really sounds like a commercial, doesn't it.

I've been fooling around on the internet for the past two hours trying to figure this out and I have finally succeeded. Yes, that's correct, I have figured out a way to receive phone calls from Africa (or anywhere in the world for that matter) on my computer without paying a single cent.

Many of my European counterparts are probably raising their eyebrows right now wondering why this is news. I realize that there are already many services that forward calls to your phone for free, but I have never looked into them because here in the States, when you answer your mobile, YOU have to pay for the call as well. So even if you succeed in maintaining your privacy, you still end up paying.

For months I had been trying to figure out a way to have calls forwarded to my computer and now, over the past two hours, it has been done. Here's telecommunication's best kept secret:

Go to www.gizmo5.com and download the client. When done, go ahead and register an account with them without adding any of the extra features.

So that's done, now with your SIP phone number handy, go to www.ipkall.com and sign up for a virtual phone number. During this process, you'll be asked for a SIP Proxy. Assuming you used Gizmo5, your SIP Proxy is going to be proxy01.sipphone.com.

Wait a few hours and they'll send you your virtual Seattle-based phone number by e-mail.

Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt, and you can receive phone calls from mugus on their dime. What's more, there is no way that it can be traced back to you unless someone actually convinces either service to go back and check their IP logs.

On a side note, I know that generally the 419Eater mods discourage vanilla baiters from talking with mugus so I would also like to add my own note in saying, if you are not particularly experienced, think twice before you take this road. Remember, there is more than enough fun to be had with the lads via e-mail.

And finally, if everyone already knew about this, my apologies for repeating.

EDIT: And no, it's not illegal.

Last edited by NickTheCop on Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:33 pm; edited 5 times in total
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does it allow for voicemails so my lads can leave a massage? Laughing

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You'd have a bit of a problem convincing it to give you a massage but I believe Gizmo5 provides voicemail services on its side. Personally, I find K7 to be a flawless and reliable voicemail service on it's own, it's also far easier to set up.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NickTheCop wrote:
.....I know that generally the 419Eater mods discourage vanilla baiters from talking with mugus.....

I've never seen any of them say that to be fair... as long as a "vanilla" baiter has done his research and is baiting safe, there's no harm in someone trying phone modalities straight away.

Anyway, it looks good. I won't be trying it myself, but it looks like it would be very useful to many baiters.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Really? Strange, I have some memory of reading a comment somewhere discouraging new baiters from jumping on the phone immediately. My apologies, I often get confused when digging into my memories. No offense was intended.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL_sign ^That's why cops always write everything down Wink

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh. Har-har-hargh. Confused No really, I'm used to getting all of my mistakes framed and hung on the wall. Crying or Very sad

Wink
tss1961
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually at this very moment I am in need to make a call to my streaded lads in Port Harcourt. They are threatening to leave tonight unless they get a call from my associate law partner there who has 40K in cash for them. The lads have been sleeping under a bridge since arriving early Friday and I have had them move about Port on wild goose chases. I tried to get them to cash in their return bus ticket to Lagos with the promise of an airline-22-minute-flight back home. But they have not indicated that they have done that.

Anyways, I am going to try to stall them while I set up this service but I am afraid it will be too late because I know my computer at work here will probably block this software and cannot get home for another 6 hours.

Anyone with outgoing capabilities care to call and act as my associate? I'd like to get them streaded at the airport there north of Port Harcourt. I'll fill you in on the details, should be a simple call.

PM me or reply here. And NicktheCop, I am not trying to hijack your thread just need some quick help.

-- "I have to tell you some thing you do not know,nigeria is a place where scam artist leave,for your own good never you in your life have any thing to do with any nigerians or esle you we be scamed."
-- "i checked the western union money transfer for more than 7hours and i got nothing and the time i spent had an effect on my eyes"
-- "So i have been trying my best running hecter secter looking for what to do. "
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

tss1961 wrote:
And NicktheCop, I am not trying to hijack your thread just need some quick help.

No problem.
LetsGoYanks
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

But what about my 2 ear tumors. Is there a way to receive text-to-speech phone calls for free? Razz
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not via this system.

I think Gizmo5 do have a service for receiving SMSs but it's not a free feature. You'd have to sign up for a virtual number with them rather than through them in which case you pay a monthly maintainance fee.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NickTheCop wrote:
Strange, I have some memory of reading a comment somewhere discouraging new baiters from jumping on the phone immediately.

Nick, I'm not a mod, but when I've mentored, I've had to ask my mentees to slow things down a bit. This was not to discourage them, but rather to help them build their baits slowly and to get the lads on the hook. I believe in stringing along a bait slowly, with a one email per lad per day rule, and a one question per email per lad rule as well.

One of my rules is stall, stall, delay, and stall. When the time comes, then the phone conversation (or K7 call) can happen.

One other thing to consider is that no one should talk to a lad over the phone until they're ready. I've been baiting for over five years now, and I have yet to have a live conversation with a lad. I might do that someday, but I get more satisfaction out of them complaining about my voicemail and not being able to get hold of me.

I almost got a prepaid cell to save this one bait when I was trying to get past my previous record of 141 days. I never did, and the bait is 269 days old as of yesterday.....a straight bait with some voicemails, but no live conversations.

Yes, the "trust" factor from the lad goes thru the roof if he has had a live talk with who he thinks is a victim. You might be able to get him to do more.

If you want to have a live talk with a lad, I say go for it. The only thing I would add is an encouragement to record your call, and to share it with us if you think it's worthy of that. Also, if you're the one calling, time your call to get him out of bed at 2:00 AM.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Captain Pike wrote:
The only thing I would add is an encouragement to record your call, and to share it with us if you think it's worthy of that.

Oh, naturally. Anyone who doesn't do that deserves nothing better than the death penalty. Wink
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is certainly news to ME.

I'll have to check it out when I get home tonight (don't want to download anything to this computer at work).

But if this really ends up as a free call, that's a pretty EXCELLENT find, Nick!!

This should definitely become a baiting standard, in my opinion.

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Peanut wrote:
But if this really ends up as a free call, that's a pretty EXCELLENT find, Nick!!

Supposedly it is. Let me admit that my number with IPKall hasn't been activated yet (damned waiting periods) but as soon as it is (if I'm awake) I'll phone myself and post results on this thread.
BluthBanana
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On the suggestion of another baiter I've been using Toktumi to receive calls on my computer free of charge. I even have it set to automatically record calls. Plus it has voicemail, too. I'm not sure if it's the same as what you've found, Nick, but I just wanted to put this out there.

Tattoo Mortar x11 Closed lad accounts x17 Safari x3

United States Thailand Switzerland Nigeria Sweden x115

pony Golden Goat Goat x2 Mc Fry

Art baits: X-Wing

419 Eater Theatre: The Hitchhiker

Lads & Crocodiles:
Safari x3 Vcamera x3 {John} {Willie} {Kingsley}

Safari x2 - . Vcamera .

"I will never forgive you for all the pains, trouble, frustrations, strandedness and disappointments you have caused us." - David
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Thanks for that. I'm sure that opening up options can bring no harm. It also couldn't hurt to have two different numbers. Wink

What area codes does Toktumi offer? I couldn't find that on their website.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Regarding discouraging new baiters from calling lads: I think what you might have seen is comments from senior baiters or moderators saying that while baiters are welcome to call lads, it's not necessary for baiting.

I've seen new members posting that their lad insists on a phone call and can someone please help them out, to which many of us have replied with tactics for getting around it.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
BluthBanana
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Nick - I'm not sure which ones they offer, but mine is a 303 number. I guess that puts mine in Colorado? From their FAQs they say with the paid service you can get any area code you want, so I presume the free ones are just randomly assigned.

Lads & Crocodiles:

Safari x2 - . Vcamera .

"I will never forgive you for all the pains, trouble, frustrations, strandedness and disappointments you have caused us." - David
larry
Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like it is worth investigating. (Even for personal uses outside of baiting Embarassed ). I have been baiting for a while now and have had no desire to talk to these guys at all. It could be a good safety net to keep a bait alive when a more personal touch is required. Me, unless I can smell a trophy, I would let it pass.

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are always ways around not calling lads. I've never called a lad; I've promised to many times, but never followed through on it.
In turning down a lad on his request for a phone call, you establish more control over the lad. He has to learn that he will not get things done his way. Little by little, you take control away. Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Being able to take calls can do wonders for your character's credibility.

sir scam alot wrote:
Does it allow for voicemails so my lads can leave a massage?

Yes, but not through your IPKall number itself. You have to choose a SIP phone, such a gizmo that NTC recommends, that has voice mail. There are a number of SIP phones you can use with an IPKall number but not all offer voice mail.

Gizmo comes with a built in recorder Smile

The thing about using IPKall for voice mail only is that if you don't answer at least one call every 30 days your number expires. Same with toktumi I believe.

NickTheCop wrote:
What area codes does Toktumi offer?

It gave me an LA city area code but when I signed up I listed that I lived in LA. I assumed it was a coincidence but maybe not.

For those who are nervous to take calls from lads I recommend using a soundboard. That way you don't have to talk yourself. All you do is press buttons. When you get nervous because you don't know what button to press, the lad is none the wiser because you sound the same every time. After you do this a few times, you'll see they are still lads even over the phone. Nothing to fear.

Anyway, when lads call they usually like to keep the conversation brief since they are paying for it. They also like to call you just to tell you to check your mail.

Here is a soundboard site

http://www.realmofdarkness.net/pranks/celebsoundboardsmain.htm

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's a nice site, Ghort! Very Happy Maybe I'm just too lazy to call lads...but it's starting to look like more fun now...Do I prefer to let them suffer in tortures, never getting to hear my voice which I enjoy, or should I relent at times for credibility or fun? Confused

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
BluthBanana
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since I've started baiting (not too long) I've only had one lengthy (~9 min) "conversation" with a lad. I decided for that call that I wanted to see how long I could keep him on the phone. So like one would do in a series of e-mails I made a number of mistakes and kept asking questions. I was nervous at first, but then I relaxed because I realized he wasn't going to keep me on my toes and I could just keep asking inane questions. He eventually basically hung up on me, but it was fun times.

Lads & Crocodiles:

Safari x2 - . Vcamera .

tss1961
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After my brief panic attack with my lad bugging out of a safari too soon (well too soon for me, I ain't done with him yet) I was able to get him via email to run up to the airport and back to meet my associate who's flight got diverted which caused my lad to miss his bus ride back to Lagos (my goal for the day Laughing ). My skills at this are getting much better.

I did promise him a phone number to call so he could be rested assured he was getting the funds from my law associate headquartered in Port Harcourt. So I signed up for the toktume, tested it out and passed the number to the lad. I was able to record my test call so hopefully, after another night in a strange town with "people stare at me" I may be able to convince him to stay another night and get an audio trophy. Very Happy

Thanks for all of these suggestions...I can't wait to talk to this lad, I'm gonna have some fun!

-- "I have to tell you some thing you do not know,nigeria is a place where scam artist leave,for your own good never you in your life have any thing to do with any nigerians or esle you we be scamed."
-- "i checked the western union money transfer for more than 7hours and i got nothing and the time i spent had an effect on my eyes"
-- "So i have been trying my best running hecter secter looking for what to do. "
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic