SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New twist on a check mule scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

New to me anyway. I haven't seen this one before.

Quote:
Dear Representative,
You have been selected for an assignment as a Mystery Shopper. You will
earn 10% been a mystery shopper. Your employment packet include
funds for the shopping, a training assignment which will be send to you
after you received payment for the assignment. Paycheck would be sent to
you for the assignment by Check or money order. The paycheck would be in a
certain amount, you are to deduct your salary,and the rest would be used
for the evaluation at the store that would be given to you.

Your Employment packet are as follows :

1. Training Assignment: You are hired to evaluate the quality of services
of the store or mall that would be given to you . You are needed to rate
the
employees. Please note, this is a part-time activity.
Email me the below details:

FULL NAME:
FULL ADDRESS ,city,sate,Zip:
COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE:
PHONE NUMBER:

I will be looking forward to receive the above details.

Philip H3nders0n
C3RMAFIL INDUSTRIES LMTD.
Agenzia Di Commercio
Rappresentanze Filati
+39 0362 55xxxx

From reading this, I've already been given the job. Good. I've always wanted to be a mystery shooper. Very Happy

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, the mystery shopper is quite common, and it does catch many people out. They are usually asked to send a WU payment from a Wal Mart (or similar) and report on how the transaction was handled by the agent.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ I've seen the mystery shopper emails before in my RL email but never bothered to read them, figuring them to be some sort of phishing scam.

Well, maybe I can tell them that the agent was snotty and I decided not to send the payment.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Good one! Laughing

Knowing your check background, you'll be glad to know that these boys are essentially just check scammers. They will send you a one grand check (thereabouts) and you have to do one of two things: (1) Send 80% straight back via WU in a Wal Mart store or.... (2) Buy a few bits and bobs in Wal Mart, and then WU the remainder back.
Of course, you'll never get to that stage, so just enjoy recieving the checks... you've been missing a trick with the mystery shopper scam! Smile

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be an interesting modality if the first Wal Mart they want to send me to is where I (my character, that is) was caught shoplifting, and I've been banned from going back there.

scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've tried for some of these shopper scams, but strangely no checks they went straight for my bank account, just fizzled

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been hired! Very Happy

Quote:
Dear M0rtimer Sn3rd,
Thank you for the information you provided and we wants to welcome you to our company

CONGRATULATIONS

I wish to congratulate you on the new job.i hope we will have your 100 % loyalty and co -operation in all transactions.your quick response to mails and effectiveness will be required.for more explanation

(snip)

FLEXIBLE PROGRAM:
One hour per day at your own choice, daytime OR Evening.

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS:
No selling involved, no kit to buy, we don't charge you anything

COMMISSION:
10 % of every payment you processed. Money order / cashier check that is cashed instantly. Is what you get from The total cashed Amount...

JOB DESCRIPTION:
1. Receive payment from Clients
2. Cash Payments at your Bank
3. Deduct 10 % which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.
4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to

So far, so good

Quote:
We have a customer in your province that already ordered for our products and we have send the products our to the client and she has confirmed that she has received the goods. as our payment officer in your province our client will be making payment out to you and for security reasons we told our client to make payment via bank to bank transfer and since the said client is banking with bank we figure it out that it will be easier for your to received the payment.In order to make the Payment into your account our client will need your account Number and routine Number so you are advice to provide to us your Bank account No and Routhing No so that we can advice the customer to make the payment.

Kindly get back to us with your account details so that the client can make payment.

Like hell I will.

Quote:
Dear Philip,

This is all good, but why am I needed for this? If your customer is going to use a bank to bank transfer, then why can't they send it to your account? You're wasting 10% of your money by using me.

regards,

M0rtimer Sn3rd

I'll see if I can extract a check from them.

Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hehe I just sent him a ton of g4y prawns! Twisted Evil
he hasn't opened the file yet he's in for a shock when he does, but he sent me his IM addy hoping to chat, i couldn't be arsed chatting to him so here it is if anyone wants to G0mer him

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The latest.

Quote:
Dear M0rtimer Sn3rd ,

Hello
Thanks for your email and i understand your question as well, the reason why you needed a representative in your country is due to the high tax rate of 25% by the governments newly imposed policy on all overseas bank wire transfers/ business transactions. So we have opted to use representatives, thereby paying 10% and also the charges of transfer by western union.
That way we would be saving 10% of the Governemt imposed tax of 25%. I hope you understand.
Thanks,

I was ready for this. I've seen them use that modality before. Well, here's mine:

Quote:
Dear Phil!p,

Well there is a problem with bank transfers that you may not know about. Effective November 1, there are reporting requirements from my state government regarding overseas bank transfers due to concerns about money laundering, drug trafficking, and terrorist finance. You will need to get a register your company with our state police, and obtain a certificate of compliance from them. This process will take about three weeks and their may be a fee for this.

Why don't you have your customer send me a check or a money order? I don't have to report those, unless the check was issued more than 90 days priort to receipt.

Besides, I'm not sure it's a good idea for me to be putting sensitive bank account information in the email. I'm worried about hackers.

regards,

M0rtimer Sn3rd

I really shouldn't be writing them after a few beers late at night. "You will need to get a register your company". Cheese Louise. That almost sounds like ladspeak.

Time for another beer, and another letter to another lad. Laughing

Simon Bar Sinister
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Me tinks dat da G0m3r Boyz are waiting in da future for this lad.... Twisted Evil

Nigeria United States <---- so many to go.. but it's a start!!
Cellphone x2
Tattoo i have to tatoo on my hand and my chest thanks and god you and all member,s of w.i.c.c.a.n thanks you email ineed help pastor pleas help me please. - Muhsini Hasani (lad) Easter Egg 2013

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I thought about mentioning them in my reply, that I had been reading about them in the paper, but I need to straight bait him at first.

Once I've set the hook, then other things start happening.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic