SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Election Rants, Stories and Thoughts (Non-Partisan)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kacky
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope this post isn't too political. It isn't meant to be.

The race thing is real. I am very close with my mother's cousin Nana, she is really a second mother to me. She has always lectured me about being loyal to my President and also about my liberal views. Back at caucus time, she started calling me and preaching about Hillary. She was even going to caucus for Hillary and wanted to make sure I did too. I was wondering if Nana had had a stroke or something, because she had been a lifelong conservative. Then it finally dawned on me: this was about keeping the Black Man out of the white house. And, she happens to have bi-racial grandchildren. If people in Washington can find consensus and focus on that, Nana and the others can heal.

Here in Maine, we're dealing with a population of French-Canadians who were persecuted all the way up until the 1970's It created a generation of fearful, suspicious people who hate anyone they don't understand. If you use a big word, you're deliberately mocking someone who had to quit school at 12 to work in the mills. If you accept help from the Government, you're stealing from people who've been on a payroll since adolescence. If you enroll in college, you're abandoning your family who needs you to help pay the bills.

To this, we have added a huge influx of Somali refugees who came to Maine to escape the crime and dangers of inner-city Atlanta. Needless to say, the reception has been less than friendly. Still, we managed to elect a black Mayor 3 times - 2 terms in one city and then he crossed the river and got elected in the other city next door. We are schizo!
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just because I don't want anyone to think JoJo is right about anything, from the NYT:

Quote:
Even with hundreds of thousands of absentee and provisional ballots still uncounted, the popular vote total stood at an estimated 133.3 million as of Wednesday morning, eclipsing the roughly 123 million voters who turned out in 2004, said Michael McDonald, a voting expert at George Mason University. Mr. McDonald said there maybe nearly a half million outstanding ballots in Georgia alone, and thousands more in other states — including the one with the largest turnout, California — that are still being counted.

Based on early figures, about 62.5 percent of all eligible voters cast ballots, just shy of the 62.6 percent figure that was recorded in the 1964 election. But that figure will climb and almost certainly set a new record as the remaining votes are counted, Mr. McDonald said.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It was a monumental turnout.

I can't imagine what it would have been like at the pols had early voting not been allowed in some states.

The lines in Illinois would have been crazy long. They would still be in line!

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
jojobean
Baiting Guru

Thank you so much Razor. I must point out... I did put a disclaimer on my post.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

jojobean wrote:

Everyone and everything is out to get me and that is a fact.

Welcome to my world jojo... Confused

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jojobean wrote:
Thank you so much Razor. I must point out... I did put a disclaimer on my post.

Hey, I understand. There is no reason to let the facts get in the way of your posting. I mean, after 7,000 posts it's a little late now anyway....

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Kacky
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tastysnack wrote:
I can't imagine what it would have been like at the pols had early voting not been allowed in some states.

I am very grateful for that!
Agi Hammerthief
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Numbers for the turnout:

The Associated Press wrote:
It looks like 136.6 million Americans will have voted for president this election,
based on 88 percent of the country's precincts tallied and projections for absentee ballots,
said Michael McDonald of George Mason University.
Using his methods, that would give 2008 a 64.1 percent turnout rate.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/11/05/news/turnout.php

hug the trolls - maybe it will help them to stop being a worthless piece of trash

CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphone Cayman Islands United Kingdom x3 Nigeria
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was just reflecting on some of the above posts, and realized that I have seen now in my lifetime two historic elections.

NOTE: This is not to cross two barriers at the same time, so please don't make me look bad.

In my lifetime the first Irish-Catholic was elected and now the first person of African descent has been elected.

This with space travel and the internet means that there has been a lot of change in the "known" world, and that is a good thing! Cool

edited for an errant letter Embarassed

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Last edited by ParaNoid on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
vonRichtofen
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ YW
Many thanks. Your post disclose to me a totally unknown (for me) side of the US society. Really striking how little we can know about a world apparently so close, and with a popular culture apparently so ubiquitous thanks to movies, TV, comics, newspapers, and the internet.
@ tastysnack
there is even worse: countries where elections are not held at all, or are just a ridiculous proforma.

sorry i am not with you, you keep laying everyday lie and new lie from your mouth. Victor Str4sser
We sympathise over your plight with the BIRDS - European Commission
the ploice will be on his side beacuse he is a citizen of NIRGERIA - Henry G0ld
You will be arrested and presecuted as a terrorist - ASS IGP. KOFI JERRY
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Support the Motherland! donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 1 year and 3 months
Esq
Poster Boi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

im just glad Australia doesnt have the never ending soap opera of the US Presidential Elections

Sand Timer = I knew that MHC6 is one of the wonders in the World,and all of us have to exprience it,and understand it - Okunlola O. Thomas FMHC6

I WAS AT THE NOVOTEL ORISHA HOTEL TILL 11 PM THAT DAY AND I WAS TOLD BY THE HOTEL STAFFS THAT I CAN NOT SPEND A NIGHT THERE AND I HAVE TO LEAVE AND WHENT TO THE NIGERIA EMBASSY THERE IN COTONOU TO STAY TILL THE FOLLOWING DAY AND I CALLED YOU THE FOLLOWING DAY AND YOU ASKED ME TO RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA WHICH I DID AND THAT HAS BEING MY WOST DAYS IN LIFE AS WAS EXPOSED TO A FULL TIME DIFFICITIES. - Augus5tine J4m35
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No need to quote post directly above yours -- JMR

Well, you already have kangraroo's. We have to elect ours. Rolling Eyes

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

Grumpy_Oldman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got to the Polls at 7:15 am, no waiting, but I live in a rich county with a lot of polling places.
Thanked each of the Polling place workers like I do every election. I worked as a Poll worker once, it is a very long work day sometimes dealing with difficult people. I respect these people for what they do and go through.

Got home and forgot about it until 8:00 o'clock pm when I went to the official County and State election sites to check the current state of things.

Only one US Rep and one Prop. still to be determined. Probably in a day or two when the absentee and some other ballots are opened and counted.

Fortunately the win for President this time was an overwhelming decision so not much risk of the fiasco of 2000 and 2004.

Yeaaa no more Political ads or phone calls!!! Very Happy

- Ralph Hodgson
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No more ads, for a few months. Soon enough primaries start for 2010. It never ends. Until you die.

Kacky
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's true, the campaigns are too long. I think we should also get rid of the electoral college. Nowadays you can vote even if you're homebound, so why do we need to extrapolate?
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are arguements for and against the Electoral College.

One of the more persuasive arguements is the interest of the smaller states. Without the College, most politicians would focus on the largest population centers.

NY, Chicago, LA, Philly to name a few. The minor population centers most likely would be ignored. Forget about rural populations. By forcing the politicians to focus on states rather than population centers it does help rural issues to focus attention on their needs as well.

For the most part it works pretty well. What I don't agree with is when the popular vote gets overruled by the EC. Doesn't happen very often, but has most recently (ie 2000).

Phoebe
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SamSpudz wrote:
Anyone on this side of the pond (or from) remember the Spitting Image skit of Maggie Thatcher leaving Downing Street?

edit: I thought I knew the one you meant but that wasn't it.

Odd that it doesn't seem to be on YT though.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Tastysnack, very good outline of why the Electoral College is important.

Someone reminded me today that the US is not a democracy. The states are democracies - the nation is a federal republic that is made up of 50 democracies (plus DC and the Territories and Puerto Rico).

Every US high school student has to take a semester of US Government in order to graduate. Unfortunately, many either don't pay attention or they forget what they learned very quickly.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pity it's not there.

Just to describe it in my grammartastic way:

Maggie completely trashed No.10 Downing Street and had to be pryed from the door kicking and screaming, not wanting to give up power. (even though she resigned)

Check out Spitting Image on Youtube to see some unbelievable (old) satire.
Shame they couldn't rekindle the magic with the animated show.

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congratulations to Obama, and a sigh of relief from our household.

However, even though Obama has been elected President, I'm not going to cast my vote until Saturday.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Titania wrote:
@Tastysnack, very good outline of why the Electoral College is important.

Someone reminded me today that the US is not a democracy. The states are democracies - the nation is a federal republic that is made up of 50 democracies (plus DC and the Territories and Puerto Rico).

Every US high school student has to take a semester of US Government in order to graduate. Unfortunately, many either don't pay attention or they forget what they learned very quickly.

I was going to trim this, but it was too ripe!

I am not sure that all of this is taught anymore. I think that so many people think it is too complicated to explain it (though Titania and Tastysnack have done a very nice job). It seems to me that the news outlet that most of us get our news from are in too much of a hurry to get to the advertisements that they are not accurate and just say, "democracy", so we all forget what we knew at one time.

Thanks for the reminder!

maggiemay
Adamu's soulmate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Samspudz I dont think anything could match up to the reality of her leaving in the car in tears Laughing

You can be of great assistance to helping this little wads realize their hope for tomorrow,

pony pony
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\ That made my day too. I think the Germans call it schadenfreude.

But then again, I am not supposed to express an opinion on these things so I'll leave you to it... Wink

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My concern is that Obama is inheriting one hell of a mess and may have made promises he can't carry out. In many ways he is being set up to fail. Remember the way Tony Blair was hailed as the antidote to Margaret Thatcher. though even I would hesitate to suggest that Obama can be anything like him.

... and to show how cynical I am. What price on the Republicans having a Hispanic nominee next time round ?

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was too young to remember anything on the news those days!!
Spitting Image will stay with me to my grave Laughing

Edit: just Googled, it was 1990 I was 13 so the news was booooring at that time!!

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic