SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Election Rants, Stories and Thoughts (Non-Partisan)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*Walks into thread, looks around* Oh...elections? So, did Hillary make it then? Wink *zzzzzzpppp* NN!!! Stop tasing me!!!! *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzppppp* Laughing Laughing Laughing

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Razor

The numbers I heard this morning were this (approx.):

In 2004, Bush won with 62 mil votes and Kerry lost with 59 mil.

In 2008, Obama won with 62 mil votes and McCain lost with 55 mil.

I only caught the tail end of the story, so I could have missed parts or about the independents. But I am pretty sure that there were less than in 2004. It seems that many more conservatives stayed home or switched their voting. I suspect more conservatives stayed home, as it seemed Obama was successful in getting many new voters coming out.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The election is over, and America enters a new era.

At the risk of sounding anti-political Mr. Green

Thank goodness the campaign ads won't be cluttering up my mailbox (even my email inbox) and the airwaves - at least for another two years.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Agi Hammerthief
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~ jojobean,

would be interesting to see participating %% numbers as per state to see if it droppes towards the pacific coast

hug the trolls - maybe it will help them to stop being a worthless piece of trash

CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphone Cayman Islands United Kingdom x3 Nigeria

Last edited by Agi Hammerthief on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it's great now we get to have a "first puppy" in the White House. I wonder what the girls will name it.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We have an elephant standing in the room and no one has mentioned it. You kind of have to wonder what this will do for race relations in the US. You have to hope that this will help.

For as long as I can remember, the black community has been saying that there are limits to their success because of their race... that the "white establishment" has been keeping them down. There has been this "us vs. them" mentality (for proof, look no further than the L.A. riots after the Rodney King verdicts or the reaction from the black community when O.J. Simpson was acquitted). I am pretty sure that the millions of white Obama voters have proven that is no longer the case… that the vast majority of white people are willing to give anyone a chance no matter their heritage.

For as long as I can remember, whenever a black person tried to educate themselves, there were always remarks made by many blacks that, "he is just trying to act white". Truancy, in the city that I live in, is over 60% in the black community. Hopefully now, the perception that an education is a bad thing will be history. Obama, whether you like his politics or not, is where he is because of his education and hard work.

For as long as I can remember, black people here is the US have been mocked and ridiculed by other blacks if they spoke proper English. There was even a movement not too long ago, to make something called “ebonics” a recognized language. Some blacks, at least in the city that I live in, have even been killed by other blacks when speaking “white”. Listen to Obama speak. No matter what his politics are, he has an awesome command of the English language and is one of the most articulate guys you will ever hear. You will never hear him "ax" you a question. Maybe now, being articulate will not be seen as a “white thing” but a thing that should be respected and a thing that successful people of every heritage embrace.

For as long as I can remember, there has been a perception that black families are made up of a mother, and her kids, and that a father was not really needed. I have heard with my own ears, notable people within the black community here in my city say things like, "that is a part of our culture that you do not understand", referring to the notion that black men do not need to be at home with their children. Hopefully now, with Obama being so much in the lime-light, with the world being able to watch his daughters grow up before us, the people that think that it's OK for men to not raise their own kids will have a look at Obama, and develop the respect that he deserves for being a dedicated father and husband.

Politics aside, I really hope that Obama will dramatically change the state of race relations here in the US. For too long, people here have been hell bent on clinging to differences, willing to segregate themselves into their little groups (African American, Asian Americans, Mexican Americans, etc, etc, etc) and tried to use those differences to explain away their own failures. Maybe now Obama has proven once and for all that your heritage cannot limit your success.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent post.

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder how he is going to deal with the staggering US national debt? I didn't hear either of them come up with any solutions to that. Still, I wish him well from this side of the pond.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

None of them took a stance on the economic issue. They really just danced around it. Regardless of who is in office, they have a rough road ahead of them.

Goat

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@YW, excellently put. clapping

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

4X1X9 wrote:
Nope, not even Fox News could fix this one for the Republicans

That statement is pushing the envelope and is only going to make some people angry.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lotta wrote:
4X1X9 wrote:

That statement is pushing the envelope and is only going to make some people angry.

Make them angry how? That Fox news couldn't "fix" the election, or that Fox news couldn't fix the problem?

And I don't think that this little post is gonna push anyone over the edge either way. Pretty much last nights result would have done that depending upon where you stood on the issue.

It is nice however, to live in a country where after an election there are no tanks in the streets. Power is handed over in a peaceful manner, and life goes on.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tastysnack wrote:

Make them angry how? That Fox news couldn't "fix" the election, or that Fox news couldn't fix the problem?

Make them angry at the implication that Fox News "fixes" (or rigs, for a better word) any election.

Goat

Ariyeo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It spins it.

All media does, it's an established fact and I read the statement to mean that there is no way that fox can portray this event as a win for the republicans.
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jojobean wrote:
Tastysnack wrote:

Make them angry at the implication that Fox News "fixes" (or rigs, for a better word) any election.

It is all in your perception. Those that like Fox, feel that the "mainstream media" is against all things that Fox is for.

Those that prefer "mainstream media" feel that Fox is against them.

There is probably a little bit of truth in both thoughts.

However, I'm pretty sure Fox couldn't "fix" an election any more than NBC could "fix" it the other way.

Personally, I'm more of a NPR person. Just can't stand the bi-yearly fund raising.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rolling Eyes

This is what I quoted:

Quote:

The bit you ignored - "for the republicans" is what I feel may cause anger to some of our users.

I agree that the news stations all (except PBS), have their "favourite" candidates/parties and are quite open about it.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No need to quote the post immediately above yours - lotta

Now lets be real. PBS/NPR has their favorites as well. We just pretend to be too sophisticated to admit it. Laughing

Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ YW

As a young man who fits exactly the description you described, I must say you are exactly right. It was hard growing up in my neighborhood simply because I chose not to suck in school and being of mixed descent didn't help much either. TBH I don't know if Obama can help with this problem, but we can all sit back and see.

PS - I remember receiving the ** WARNED ** tag for racism a while back for saying exactly what you posted.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe YW just said it a little "softer" Laughing

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I dunno maybe that particular mod was out to get me or something. I don't know really, but the fact is I can see Obama's presidency as either a possible solution or swaying these ideas into a more dangerous direction. Only time would tell.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think the mods are out to get anyone.

As for last nights elections...I'm not saying anything about them on the eater forums.
Kacky
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL @ Obi Wan Kenobi... I was thinking the same thing! I do NOT know if we are ready for those holo-guests!

Meanwhile, this is an excellent chance to work on ending the polarity. That's one of the hardest things for me because I am the World Champion Grudge Holder.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Special_K wrote:
I don't think the mods are out to get anyone.

Everyone and everything is out to get me and that is a fact.

Either way, this president has a lot of crap to inherit.

Goat

vonRichtofen
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tastysnack wrote:

It is nice however, to live in a country where after an election there are no tanks in the streets. Power is handed over in a peaceful manner, and life goes on.

Of course it is, but there are plenty of countries like this. All Europe, for instance, Japan, ANZ, even India, Israel, and also some South American countries. Freedom from fear is fortunately no longer a privilege of few...or not? Wink
Edit: sorry I forgot the canadians!!!!!

sorry i am not with you, you keep laying everyday lie and new lie from your mouth. Victor Str4sser
We sympathise over your plight with the BIRDS - European Commission
the ploice will be on his side beacuse he is a citizen of NIRGERIA - Henry G0ld
You will be arrested and presecuted as a terrorist - ASS IGP. KOFI JERRY
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Support the Motherland! donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 1 year and 3 months
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not taking away from any of the other countries that enjoy seamless tranfers of power. I just meant in general. I don't think I would very much enjoy living in a police state versus what I enjoy now.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic