SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Mr Gomer got his own city?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
foxhat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Heard about it on the BBC news this morning; there was I thinking Mr Gomer had his own city...a bit of research shows its spelt differently but... (from the BBC Website http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7699286.stm):

Quote:
Chaos grips major DR Congo city

Congolese soldiers ride a bike into Goma
Soldiers have reportedly been stealing vehicles to flee the city

There are reports of chaotic scenes in Goma in the Democratic Republic of Congo, as police try to arrest soldiers whom the UN says seem out of control.

(etc)

I'm sure the place would make a lovely holiday/safari destination for someone?

GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He has his own page on Wikipedia.

This is far more likely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gomer

Quote:
The Persian historian Muhammad ibn Jarir al-Tabari (c. 915) recounts a Persian tradition that Gomer, lived to the age of 1000, noting that this record equalled that of Nimrod, but was unsurpassed by anyone else mentioned in the Torah.

Quote:
......some Welsh antiquarians posited that the Welsh people were descended from the Cimmerians and from Gomer

Quote:
For Gomer founded those whom the Greeks now call Galatians, but were then called Gomerites

I must correct that entry - we all know it's GomerBoyz. Silly error to make.

Fact or fiction ? Very Happy

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, glad I wasn't the only one to think that.
I was listening to the World Service last night and heard it mentioned.
Couldnt sleep for giggling and thinking of a Blues Bro avatar.
Then frantic lotto lads searching for their chopped dollaswhile this rich puppetmaster has a city all to himself.
Laughing
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Joking aside, the situation there seems to be worsening
Refugees fleeing the city without any help from the local army, in fact they seem to be part of the problem.
As ever in war/civil war it's the innocent civilians suffering, usually the poorest who have no means of transport or other escape
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic