SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Interesting coincidence

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BluthBanana
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Having just started in scam baiting not too long ago I thought this was an interesting coincidence.

I am currently attending a professional conference IRL and I was talking to one of the organizers. She mentioned that it was weird that a few people from Nigeria registered for the conference, paid their reg fees, then requested a letter of invitation (so they could get their Visas I think?). She mentioned that they showed up the first day, got their stuff (name badges, agenda, etc) and haven't been seen since. None of them were presenting at the conference and are not in our profession.

My question is: what is their motive for doing this? Registration costs about $400 per person, plus their flight was certainly not cheap. I'm not saying they're scammers per se, but obviously they were using this conference as an excuse to come over here.

Any ideas?

Tattoo Mortar x11 Closed lad accounts x17 Safari x3

United States Thailand Switzerland Nigeria Sweden x115

pony Golden Goat Goat x2 Mc Fry

Art baits: X-Wing

419 Eater Theatre: The Hitchhiker

Lads & Crocodiles:
Safari x3 Vcamera x3 {John} {Willie} {Kingsley}

Safari x2 - . Vcamera .

"I will never forgive you for all the pains, trouble, frustrations, strandedness and disappointments you have caused us." - David
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Student Visas. Gets them into the country for whatever mission they're on, good or bad.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
BluthBanana
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks sir scam alot! How long would a Visa like that be valid for since the conference is only a week long?

Tattoo Mortar x11 Closed lad accounts x17 Safari x3

United States Thailand Switzerland Nigeria Sweden x115

pony Golden Goat Goat x2 Mc Fry

Art baits: X-Wing

419 Eater Theatre: The Hitchhiker

Lads & Crocodiles:
Safari x3 Vcamera x3 {John} {Willie} {Kingsley}

Safari x2 - . Vcamera .

"I will never forgive you for all the pains, trouble, frustrations, strandedness and disappointments you have caused us." - David
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here in the US, it can go for a couple years. I think we cracked down on that a bit since 9-11 but if it wasn't for student Visas, I wouldn't have spent that happy summer of 98 with that lovely Russian girl.

pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, no question they are up to no good. Evil or Very Mad
They violated their visa invitation, and if I were the organizer, I'd report them to Customs, Immigration officials. I'm sure they can now be considered illegal aliens, and should be put on the list for law enforcement to pickup.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
onyenekwu
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From what you said, that group are just economic migrants,the outcome of what they might do depends on what they came with,like education and qualifications and also on their ability to gel into the society they just arrived into.
Scammers dont wander into foreign lands without cause.
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And please let's not turn this into a political debate on immigration laws, etc. Wink Just saying.

Anyhow, there's different student visa laws in each country and they do get abused by people who are here for a reason other than education.

SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I mean no disrepect, onyenekwu. I know you are Nigerian, and not all Nigerians are scammers.
^^That's the point I'm making as well. There both are legal and illegal ways to enter a country. If they were "economic migrants" they would have a visa to show that status. And that's fine, if it's all on the up and up. It appears that this group entered the country on a temporary or student type visa, making it look like the reason was attending the professional conference. They signed up, to make it look like they actually attended, then skipped town. I'm sorry, but this looks fishy to me. They may or may not be scammers, but their status in this country should be checked out. They may be innocent, or they may be trying to "blend into the society" along with the other illegals here, hoping not to get caught. Maybe they just want to stay awhile and will return home when their visa expires, and maybe they won't. Hey, if they are reported, picked up for questioning, and their "story" checks out, fine -no harm done.
I would let Imimmigration and Customs Enforcement make that determination.

If this conference occured in the USA, you can report the incident here, and see what they think about it.

http://www.ice.gov

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic