SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is it bots or real people?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mr.Scambaiter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the people who say blah blah blah you won the national UK lottery of 1 million pounds

Are the people who send these automated bots or real people?
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Real people in most cases, they just mass mail to address lists that they have purchased or stolen.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, you may have some lads who use software to target a bunch of potential victims at a time, but I guess that it's mostly the lads sending out their crap by themselves.

Anyway, it doesn't make a difference to us as after the initial mail has been sent the lad needs to do stuff himself anyway when replies start trickling in.

Although they follow scripts often enough those scripts get edited a bit in order to slightly adjust them to the situation.

But of course you also see it often enough that your text is completely disregarded and the next mail got nothing to do with this. This, though, I have mostly experienced with vlads.

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
Mr.Scambaiter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So its real pople most of the time... but in some cases if they are even bots, when you reply to them it will be a real person? is this correct?
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, you cannot say that it has to be correct in all cases, but pretty sure in most cases.

End of vague statement...

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr.Scambaiter wrote:
So its real pople most of the time... but in some cases if they are even bots, when you reply to them it will be a real person? is this correct?

Yes. The lad will then spend his time sifting through all the replies and picking those that look like potential victims.

He's known in our circle as the "Catcher".

Quite often, you'll see a different email address for your reply than the original incoming one. This is because the lad who mass-mails then passes his work onto the catcher. It's also sometimes so the bounces that he will inevitably get don't clog up his in-box.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Mr.Scambaiter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh I get it now,

Thanks everyone.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic