SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How can you tell lies?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The news is you're not lying! This is merely your acting class improvisation practice Smile

If in doubt, run your characters in parallel with some of your friends (aggregate and mix a couple up) to give you realistic storylines and an easy mental reference.

Remember they're not even really following your story (they run dozens of victims at a time) and barely read your posts - just enough to keep you on the hook. Keep your answers short, make your lad do the hard work Smile
Phoebe
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks. All good advice.

One thing that ocurred to me, is to remember that if it's not me 'lying/acting' with him - then it's a real victim telling him the truth...

When I think of it like that, I feel almost that I want to lie to him!

Also, good advice on reading the victims stories. I read one on Scamwarners about a lady who was telling him that she had no money to feed her baby for 3 days, that she was going to be evicted from her house in 2 weeks, that she had sold her computer and scanner and was using her mobile phone to email him... Sad

It actually made me cry and even when she was telling him this, he kept insisting that she send him more money! He even asked her 'how is the baby' every time he emailed her! Evil or Very Mad

She was just about to sell the babies bed and pushchair when someone from Scamwarners got in touch with her and warned her. Thank God.

There are just no words for how evil and nasty these people are. I must be crazy to feel bad for lying to them.

Right now, thinking about her telling him that she hadn't had food for her baby for 3 days and was going to lose her home makes me think, never mind lying to him, I want to poke him in the eye with a pointy stick! Evil or Very Mad Laughing
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another simple thing to remember--he isn't who or what (or often even where) he claims he is. Although you obviously know that, it is easy to forget sometimes that you are not lying to a real person. So what's happening is that your made-up character is telling fictional stories to his made-up character (who is also telling fictional stories).

Is it truly lying when the recipient of the information is not real? I see it more as a kid's game of make-believe--you're both playing, but thanks to his greed, he thinks you're playing by his rules.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just go back to the story the Scamwarners lady, when you bait (maybe try it as a different character from a different email address) try your own hard luck stories along the eviction etc route - when the f*cker would rather see you starve and on the streets (people have even been told to turn to prostitution to send money to their scammer boyfriend) then you will lie with glee - it will stoke the fires of vengeance when you see how shitty and amoral these guys are.

Just in case you've got a good one, they can sound very convincing, and are indeed well versed in pushing just the right buttons to part you from your cash. Just remember he will say/promise literally anything to get your money. The only thing you can be certain of is that lads lie 110% of the time, and see you as weak prey for their macho swaggering. Any vestigial sympathies I had for lads left a long time ago when I realised just how shitty they would be to victims in the name of dickswinging outright greed and unwillingness to even do a stroke of work for their beer, girls and drugs.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, its a sad story but "I" have had to resort to selling my body, drugging my rich boyfriend and accidentally overdosing him, stealing checks from my mother and cashing them, selling drugs, buying fake ID and cashing the fake checks and committing welfare fraud. I did it all in one bait. See my siggy.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was raised up in a christian home as to where you never lie. If I ever did, I did not sleep that night. Sad

At the beginning of my baiting, I felt the same way for about 1 month. Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
TheBarSteward2
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On the centre/center issue, I can only say that you are working far too hard on your bait. Less work for you, more work for the scammer please!

My problem isn't lying in baits, it is being truthful when I switch back into real life. As part of my job I spend all day receiving emails from strangers who want something from me, and and then replying to them - the second I spot something not strictly truthful from somebody, I find it very difficult not to slap them hard (and often) and get them to fill in lengthy forms for the hell of it.

Seriously, I now have a rule that I don't bait during office hours just in case I say the wrong thing to somebody. Laughing

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I want to poke him in the eye with a pointy stick!

I'd say you have a new goal to aim for!!

I'm a bit of a sloppy baiter - I am from Chicago, and I have a very popular character that I placed in Gary, IN (which is a real hell-hole incidentally).

I'm confident though that even if a scammer DID get to Chicago (again - not going to happen), there is no way he could find me.

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
Nancelot
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a Boniface American, I can tell you that many of us really suck at spieling, and are pron to starling grammatical constrictions and that make er/re spelling differentials look negligee.

If you ever need "legit" info on "real" life in "America" (West coast/midwest/southwest), feel free to PM me. Mostly I think it's working too hard to worry about spelling, but sometimes a little flavor from other info can make your life more fun. I'd trade that for tips on Britain, as I've never felt confident enough to be a British character.
Ralph Wiggum
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, West Coast info pm me.

Every day I practice by pretending to be charming, witty, polite, intelligent, literate, and coherent. My act isn't that good, but it's improving.

Fake Checks out of circulation - 52K (so far)
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
"The law of cama is still in exixtence and I know what the consequences of your action will be"-Rimi
Simon Bar Sinister
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Simon Says..... If you need North East Info.... PLEASE ADVISE!!

The Lab is located near ground zero..........

Nigeria United States <---- so many to go.. but it's a start!!
Cellphone x2
Tattoo i have to tatoo on my hand and my chest thanks and god you and all member,s of w.i.c.c.a.n thanks you email ineed help pastor pleas help me please. - Muhsini Hasani (lad) Easter Egg 2013

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
BadRich
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do a lot of business by email and want to be very clear and precise in my business emails, answer all questions in one email, and basically be efficient. Doing scam emails where my character is trying to drag out proceedings to the maximum extent possible really requires that I use a different mind set. I still have a bad habit of being clear to my mugus. Very Happy

The secret of any promising business is secret.

I have t render help to you and you have not one day be serious.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was raised by a mother who was meticulous in her spelling, grammar, and word usage. As a result, my own writing is as precise as I can make it.

This is fine except when I'm baiting as a character whose English usage is - shall we say - casual. I have learned to write the way I normally do and then to go back through the email and "un-correct" it. Very Happy

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic