SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Ebay items with hacked memory scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A few weeks ago I bid for and won a 16Gb memory pen drive on Ebay. It was stupidly cheap compared to shops here, but it was with free shipping from Hong Kong, and the Powerseller had lots of good feedback.

I guess the alarm bells should have rung at stupidly cheap, but I have bought expensive camera lenses from HK before and been more than happy with the deal.

This isn't my item, but one just like it, same supplier:
eBay AUCTION LINK

The bells certainly rang when I was emailed from an Ebay user group inviting me to join as a victim of fraudulently hacked memory.

The pen drive arrived yesterday, XP reported it as 16Gb, so far so good - I started backing up files ono it, which is what i bought it for. It seemed to work perfectly, which I guess is how the good feedback comes about.

Once I got past 4Gb, I tried to check a file from the stick I'd just loaded onto it - it was there in the directory, but zip, nada, the file was there but not there, as it were.

Further investigation shows I'm hardly alone: LINK My supplier is one listed on that webpage, BTW, and I can see a pic of my pendrive. Apparently this is also rife with mp3 players as well, that show large memories, but when you upload to them there is hardly any memory at all.

Here are numerous alerts to the same scam: LINK

The seller claims he didn't know about the hack when he bought the pen drives, and has offered some of my money back, or an exchange if I send it back to Hong Kong. I told him that I already waited 3 weeks, wasted an afternoon loading data onto the drive, and just want the 16Gb I bid for. I have invited him to send me another 3 of the 4Gb drives, so I get what I paid for. The upside is that I have left no feedback yet, he knows what I will leave if he doesn't put things right.

In my book this is downright fraud, but Paypal will only help you get your money back if you return the goods (at your expense), and ebay has let it go on for some time now. I reckon they must get away with it 9 times out of 10, not many people will fill up 4Gb onto a drive or mp3 player the day they get it, and give good feedback. Twisted Evil

EDIT:Flash Drive Education 101

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm afraid that's normal business these days, my wife bought a 500HP mustang I bet when you check that it will only bring about 400HP, but that is advertising these days.
Whole wheat is in today, but where did they ever print that they were taking things out of it? And what is whole wheat actually, the stuff we grow here and grind ourselves still tastes way better then anything you can buy.
And he has the excuse that he didn't know and is willing to help out (at your expense) He should be more careful with his products, but you'll never be able to prove anything and baiting him could lead to a charge of fraud for you.
Shit happens

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If your wife's Mustang turned out to be 125Hp, or only had 2 cylinders, you'd want something done about it.

You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It could be a honest mistake by the seller. if he makes it right leave him feedback with a note.
@bill the one thing to remember with HP ratings I that their always (unless specified) are at the flywheel. you lose 15-20% by the time the power gets to the wheels. it you have a 500HP stang it sounds like its the cobra GT.
its RWHP (rear wheel horse power) is 436 hp.[/hijack]

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Being nosy, how much did you pay?

£26.49

Staples have a 32Gb one in their shops, but it didn't have a price.

SD memory cards have been subject to this same problem, you don't get what is says on the card.
In the papers today is an article about a bloke being sued for leaving negative feedback as it has allegedly hurt the seller's business. But the buyer wasn't sent what he was successfully bidding for, so mind your words when you do leave feedback. (is there any history on the seller's feedback chart to suggest that he has done this before?)

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If your wife's Mustang turned out to be 125Hp, or only had 2 cylinders, you'd want something done about it.
Nope, it is her toy, she bought with her money, it came with a guarantee and I have no use for it until it looks like this Laughing
We live on 15 km on gravel road, not really a place where you can get the horses to work for you Laughing
It has no box to haul anything and it won't take the snowdrifts as nice as a 4x4 if it takes them at all.
AND it wasn't bought blind, when you have to trust the salesman you're giving your money away and even then a guarantee insures that the goods are what you ordered and paid for.
Yes, in winter she drives a 4x4 truck too and the skateboard gets stored in my shop Sad Useless thing 1 or 500 horses aren't going to change that.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

packman wrote:
It could be a honest mistake by the seller. if he makes it right leave him feedback with a note.

I dont think so. His recent feedback is awful.

14 negatives in the last 200 transactions

Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Inspector Gadget wrote:

In the papers today is an article about a bloke being sued for leaving negative feedback as it has allegedly hurt the seller's business. But the buyer wasn't sent what he was successfully bidding for, so mind your words when you do leave feedback. (is there any history on the seller's feedback chart to suggest that he has done this before?)

That is insane. You got a link? How can you sue someone over something stupid like a negative feedback?

Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1079968/Man-sold-wrong-phone-eBay-sued-seller-leaving-negative-feedback.html

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you have an address I could check it out, as I'm right where your drive came from.

Btw: Why the hell do they ship everywhere except to Italy?

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

rootuser wrote:
If you have an address I could check it out, as I'm right where your drive came from.

Btw: Why the hell do they ship everywhere except to Italy?

Italies postal system sucks. Lots of stuff is being stolen, packages and envelopes being opened etc.

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

rootuser wrote:

From one of the links I posted above:
Quote:
chaiching28 - davidtam000 are eBay Sellers of counterfeit flash drives - they are connected. These eBay Seller id’s belong to the same person. SOSFakeFlash with the assistence of vigilant eBayers has determined that another counterfeit ring exists - this time directly from Hong Kong.

The davidtam000 id has degistered from eBay on October 5th, 2008. (not true, he's back)

chaiching28 is still active on eBay selling fake flash drives. From October 2nd to October 16th, this id has unleashed 360 fakes on unsuspecting eBayers. Victims grow each day.

The mailing address for davidtam000 was:

YU zhikang
935 Choi Ping House
Choi Yuen Estate, Sheung Shui, N.T. Hong Kong

The mailing address for chaiching28 is:

YU zhikang
935 Choi Ping House
Choi Yuen Estate, Sheung Shui, N.T. Hong Kong

Therefore YU zhikang is the person owning or handling the mailing of counterfeit drives for these id’s.

You are strongly advised by SOSFakeFlash to test your drives and if they fail file a claim immediately with PayPal.

If the id is chaiching28 - leave immediate negative feedback, copy paypal and the Hong Police on any communications with this seller. This seller is unleashing a plague of data loss on the unsuspecting eBay world.

Mistake my arse.
EDIT:
All hell is breaking loose via http://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com , and the HK Police are being notified. I put this thread up as a warning to others. Me, I just want the memory I paid for.

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic