SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Another disgusting CL car scammer posting

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
firepilot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This one goes past the usual disgustingness. In the posting, which is now flagged for sure, it included photo of the person who got killed. It would really suck if the scammer got lots of emails Smile. I sent abuse @ photobucket with the account being used for the scam. Hopefully it will be shut down. Here is the account -
http://s353.photobucket.com/albums/r372/gurgurini6/

2003 BMW X5 3.0i $4450

I hate the war !!! There's no end to it and they're just killing our kids.

I want everyone to know about this story so I posted the ad on many cities.
I'm sure there will be heartless persons who will flag this ad just for their own amusement.
But I'm prepared to continue the fight !!!
This car was my son`s car. My son - Sgt. William Crow - died June 28 2007 in Baghdad,
of wounds sustained when his vehicle was struck by an improvised explosive device
( 2d Battalion, 16th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Riley )

This car will be my gift, my gift in the memory of my son....
Money is not a problem, all I want is to find the right person... that person who will love and take care of this car in the same way he did...

I'd like to make someone very happy and to light a candle for my son once in a while....

You may wonder why I ask this small amount for this great car. Well ... the truth is that I decided to ask this amount only as a protest.
This is exactly what we received as compensation after my son died serving his country. Nor more or less!
If someone values a life for few bucks then I will give my car for the same price.
Also don't worry about the condition of the car or about the title.
The car has been meticulously maintained by my son ,
is in excellent condition , has never been wrecked or damaged
and as you can see the pictures speak for themselves

I have the title , paid in full ready to be signed over.
There is no lien on the car and there will be no monthly payments

please contact me : [email protected] for any questions
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So how do you know it is that car he's talking about? He could have just picked a nice one from the internet of a TIP and try to sell that one. Now you're trying to have an account of a ITP closed?
Quote:
This car was my son`s car. My son - Sgt. William Crow - died June 28 2007 in Baghdad,
of wounds sustained when his vehicle was struck by an improvised explosive device
( 2d Battalion, 16th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Riley )
And this is just from a newspaper he bought somewhere, there are no links to real people here, just a scam.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Because, it was the usual account of a scammer using photobucket. I have helped shut down those kinds of accounts before, and this one was just like those. Lots of pics of flashy cars to be used for scam ads, and that soldier too.

Of course, within 10 minutes he can be up again in a different account . But at least it can screw up any ads that are still up
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Then I just hope you (or a scammer) never find my account with the fast cars of my wife and daughters on it, yes and some nice family pictures too.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I understand your concern about having innocent peoples account removed. Its just pretty identifiable when a photobucket account is being used solely for hosting pics for scammers. Photobucket is the one that ultimately decides anyways.

I found another example of this same one posted online back in June too, where it was an Audi TT, and some people had found the original website the scammer had stolen the pics from.
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ooooooh he's back. I think I know who this is.

I will send an email inquiring about this car. This scammer ALWAYS has a website.

The Photobucket account will be worked on as well. firepilot is correct in that it is a scammer's account.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
firepilot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Photobucket account is still up. Actually I saw some other things from that posted to more CL ads today too.

Are most of these out of Romania, or other countries in Eastern Europe too?
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gurgurini6/
is the last part of the url of the photobucket account
i say he did have another 5 accounts but were shut in
i have just tried gurgurini1 and 2 etc but no accounts found.

defo a scammer

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

firepilot, most of them are from Romania.

I will work on the Photobucket account and tie it in with the Craigslist scam; they have shut down scammer accounts before.

firepilot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So what kind of operation do they have behind this? Just considering that they probably put up dozens and dozens of ads up daily, per craigslist section, thats a lot of time and effort to get all of those up.
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They work in organized groups, more accurately gangs. It is not much work individually, with each person in the gang being in charge of a different aspect of the scam, and the profits they reap are sickening.

firepilot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the info. It has to be in the thousands and thousands of ads they put up. Combine that with having to make up new email and photo hosting accounts on a regular basis combined with the emails, its just a staggering amount of work that has to be done.

Luckily at least, the section for CL in the city I am in, these ads are often flagged and gone in a matter of minutes. But sometimes, it is reposted within a few minutes again.
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As you well know, Craigslist is one of their favorite haunts. Another one that has been popular is eBay. Both sites have warnings about scammers, but unfortunately not everyone heeds this. As you noted they spam their ads by the sheer thousands on a number of different websites--they are bound to hook at least a few victims each time. A couple of days ago I emailed this particular scammer; I'm going to keep checking in to see if he responds. I have yet to report the Photobucket account as I want the website first and don't want to risk him twigging before I get that. If I see his ads, I'll keep flagging those as I run across them.

dagget
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thought I would send him an email, would be nice if he replies...

Quote:
Hi william I like the sounds of the car. What is the interior like? Are there any bullet holes in it. I take it your son was killed in the car so does the interior need cleaning. I want to now if the state of it is like in pulp fiction where the guy was shot in the face.

How long was his body in the car and does it smell. I saw on mythbusters what happens when you leave a body in the car and it takes a whole lot of ajax.

Thanks

ME

PLEASE TAKE CAER OF YOUR SELF OR I SEND TO YOU F.I.B ?

United Kingdom Closed lad accounts X24 Sand Timer 1 X 2.5 years
firepilot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone had any luck doing any really good baiting on these Romanians? It seems a lot easier to waste the laddies time, than it does the car ad scammers.
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of them I "bait" long enough to get a website out of them, as once they figure out you're not paying, they tend to drop you.

Incidentally I think you'll find this interesting read, Romanian scammers arrested in the U.S. for the same type of scam that we are discussing in this thread:

http://cbs4.com/local/Lebada.Florea.Grigor.2.843509.html

firepilot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just emailed one, and they have already mentioned the third party payment website, and of course how eBay is going to insure this.

And, how do these people get ahold of a comcast email account? Do they have a US relative or friend that gives them one? I tried to email comcast before about when they have an email address being used by scammers, even after i send them the entire email, they send me back some canned reply about how it is not enough info for them to act, even though it obviously is.
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Did you send it with the headers?

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
firepilot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I forwarded the email to them, and how the email address they are using for the scam is a comcast email. I would think the fact that a comcast email is being used for the scam, would at least make them do something.
firepilot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just found something that might be of interest. I saw another Craigslist ad, same thing as always and probably the Romanians, and it was a Mini Cooper for sale. However, it had the paper floormats from a Dealership, which I was able to locate.

It was in FL, and so were those Romanians scamming in that article too. Coincidence? Maybe so, but maybe not. I wonder if they just test drove a car somewhere off the lot, took pics, then drove it back.
LetsGoYanks
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's really hard to bait these guys (at least for me). Unless you basically do exactly as they say you get dropped really quickly.

I asked them if I could pay paypal and never heard from them again...
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry "firepilot" but there's nothing on that Photobucket account, that would or could offend anyone. it's simply a collection of bikes and cars. Who owns them has nothing to do with it.

The way you where going on about it, I thought there where bits of bodies
depicted.. And photobucket are on the ball, try sticking a nude picture on there and see how long it lasts. they have very good filtering.

As for scammers, if you want to mix in there world, be prepared to except anything. They will use whatever they can in an attempt to extract sympathy and cash from the gullible.. If you find the heat unacceptable, Stay out of the kitchen.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LetsGoYanks wrote:
It's really hard to bait these guys (at least for me). Unless you basically do exactly as they say you get dropped really quickly.

I asked them if I could pay paypal and never heard from them again...

That is exactly true. Baits with the Romo vlads are generally short-lived. I only do so to get account information or a website out of them, then move on. They will drop you quickly once they realized they are not getting paid by you, anyway.

Quote:
I'm sorry "firepilot" but there's nothing on that Photobucket account, that would or could offend anyone. it's simply a collection of bikes and cars. Who owns them has nothing to do with it.

Not true, Photobucket has shut down similar scammer accounts before. I have done it. You just have to establish a link between that account and the scammer.

firepilot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~ weareborg,

How do I except something?

No, I am not going to stay out of the kitchen. I shut these scammers down every chance I get. For me, the fact they stole photos of a dead soldier (while he was alive) and used his memory to try and steal, just made it more egregious.

But regardless of whether they do that or not, I flag multiple times all those Romo car scams I see posted, and when I get their websites or photobucket accounts, I try to shut those down too. That photobucket account was clearly a scammer account, and they are constantly making up new ones for new scams, and to replace ones that get taken down.

I have even tried to bait them, but ilike others said it really is not easy keeping a bait going with them more than a few emails.
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Firepilot wrote,,

Quote:
I shut these scammers down every chance I get. For me, the fact they stole photos of a dead soldier (while he was alive) and used his memory to try and steal, just made it more egregious.

I sort of understand where your coming from, and please don't think, I'm trying to start an argument. I'm not, I'm just trying to understand where your going with this.

You say they stole photo's of a dead person, before he died. I'm having trouble understanding that. And then posted them "Where"
These people are total devoid of any scruples, they will do anything in an attempt to scam people.

Quote:
But regardless of whether they do that or not, I flag multiple times all those Romo car scams I see posted, and when I get their websites or photobucket accounts, I try to shut those down too. That photobucket account was clearly a scammer account, and they are constantly making up new ones for new scams, and to replace ones that get taken down.

Which quite frankly is counter productive, While we know where these people are [by way of e-mail and websites] they can be baited, distracted, and made to waist time. How do you know if your doing any good by closing them down. How would you feel if you had a successful long term bait going, and someone shut the e-mail account down.. You would be pretty pissed.
And for every site you shut down, two more will open, with new names and e-mail accounts. So the series baiter, has to start all over again.

Quote:
I have even tried to bait them, but like others said it really is not easy keeping a bait going with them more than a few emails.

Baiting these people is very hard, and it's not a job for inexperienced people, but your making it even harder. And you seem to forget, these people live by what they can scam, there not playing games or starting a new interest of hobby.

As I said I looked at the photobucket page, and simply looked at a collection of cars and bike photo's Attempting to connect that with a scammer is very hard, if not impossable. For all you know it could be a kids collection, and a scammer has stolen the photo's for his own use, and the kids lost his dream, simply because you decided, the page had scammer imprecations. And if the page did belong to a scammer, tomorrow it will be up again under another name. So really what have you accomplished.
Never ever be surprised or shocked at the levels these people will go too. Because when you think there the pit's, they will go even lower

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic