SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this a scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
questions12
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A friend of mine uses this site and siggested posting here, they aren't sure wether it is a scam or not either.

I left a comment on a public post a few months ago regarding a religious experience, I included my email address because I wanted to allow people who wanted to know more to communicate with me. I'm well aware of the usual scams, and wasn't worried about getting spammed, I get enough already.

However today I received an email from someone, they don't speak a lot of english and the way they're speaking, I don't think they really have experienced what they're saying they have. I thought it might just be a language barrier, except that in the second email they told me they had trouble sending from the original email address and switched to a second, something I know is often a tell of a scammer.

I'm using hotmail, so I don't know if I can get headers to check the IP, and even if I did it's entirely possible I'm speking to an african about this.

So are scammers known to go completely off script and reply to a persons comments, or are they always on script without exclusion.

EDIT: if it means anything, the name is 3l$p3th hugh3$
Ninastian
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you post a copy of the text (minus any traceable details ) then we can let you know very quickly if it's a scam.

I'm not sure whether knowing the IP will help very much at this stage.

N

Oh [the captive] ate his own willy!!! HAHAHAHA. I saw the look of excitement in his eyes like no other meat taste better!! yummm yummm! HAHAHAAHAHA. He cut his big right toe, his penis and penis shaft at different stages- funny funny funny!! He did this where some promiscous women do all sort of things. I know they were all thrilled. ahahahahahhhhhaaaaaa. His penis shaft was sewn to his nostril and more!! The doctor did a good job!! My men took picture of him parading him around the market square and public schools where everyone sang him wanker praises!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I will continue to torture him unless I receive my $150,000 reward for wasting my time!! Period!
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you post the Email for us to take a look at?

It might make judgement a little bit easier.... Wink

Then, if it does appear to be a scam, we can tell you how it works, and what action you can next expect from the scammer.

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo

Last edited by Simba on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Albator
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi!
First of all, welcome here!

A little question: do they have any of your RL data?
Real name, real address or so?

Second, the most useful would be to post here the e-mail(s) you sent and received, inculded the headers if possible.
By erasing your real datas if any off course Smile

EDIT: DAMNED!!!
How fast do I have to be??? Very Happy

United Kingdom x4 Filipino flag United States x7 Germany
Closed lad accounts x64 Mortar x11 Goat Nurse Nastys Audi TT
T.W.A.T(co-bait with MoP)
Sand Timer
-S4m 07/01/08-Ongoing
-An4st4s1y4 (Vlad) 11/26/08-Ongoing "I would iron your cock through trousers while it will not be firm"
-0um4r (Hitlad) 11/28/08-Ongoing
-Y4o 02/19/09-Ongoing
-Ver0nika (Vlad) 384d

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Support 419Eater.com]</a>
<a href="http://scamwarners.com/forum/index.php">www.scamwarners.com</a>

Last edited by Albator on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
cvb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

questions12 Not enough information. Please provide more.

ETA Damn, beaten to it by other posters.

He is in for a big shit this time.we have located his destination in the northern part of Nigeria were he lives with his family.I will suck his balls out of his pants once we get hold of him on our trip.

JACK WARNER Nigerian Scammer
questions12
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lol seems people are more than willing to help, they're tripping over each other to help out Razz

She has my real name, thats all.

I'm on hotmail, and can't find a way to access headers, if there is could you let me know? I'm happy to post those. I wish I'd left my gmail account now, I know headers there.

The thing is, we are speaking about something personal, if, in fact, she is legitimate the last thing I want to do is post this in a public forum without permission, if it's real it's something that should not be shared, not even annonymously.

There's been no requests for money yet, only two emails in, the flags that have been raised to me is just the broken english, the fact the name used dosent match the email address, the email address switch, and just a sence that she hasn't actually experienced what she's telling me. also she began by saying her life was in danger, and this is the sort of thing that can easily lead to "please bring me to your country to escape all this"

All I really wanted to know was wether scammers have been known to respond to comments and things on a person to person basis without their script, as I can tell this isn't scripted.[/quote]
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are so many scripts out there that scammers use... Without some actual text, it's hard to be sure.

PM me the text and I give my word that if I cannot be certain that it is a scammer, I will discard the text and not reveal it to a living soul; if I'm certain that it's from a scammer, I'll let you know privately.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
There's been no requests for money yet, only two emails in, the flags that have been raised to me is just the broken english, the fact the name used dosent match the email address, the email address switch, and just a sence that she hasn't actually experienced what she's telling me. also she began by saying her life was in danger, and this is the sort of thing that can easily lead to "please bring me to your country to escape all this"

Welcome to eater, questions 12. This sounds like it could be the start of a love scam or orphan type scam. If you want to keep things private, you may PM one of the Moderators here, and they will help you sort this out. These scams don't immediately ask for money, but slowly suck you into their script and try to make you believe them, THEN they ask for money for whatever they can dream up. They are trying to take advantage of your religious beliefs and charitible feeling towards others.

EDIT: didn't see your post, yastreb. I was posting, too. You may pm yastreb as well if you want to.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want to check for yourself google the persons name, email address and phone numbers. If they've been used before in scams google may find them. Oh and for the name you may wish to put it in speech " marks and add scam after the name.

You can also check where they say they are against where their email is sent from and this can be done by...

Quote:
If you want to find out where his email comes from then have a read here how to find headers, then copy and paste the header into this http://headertool.apelord.com/

After that take the last (bottom) number and put it in here http://www.ip-adress.com/ipaddresstolocation/

Hope this helps.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Nancelot
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And if it *is* a scam, then it should probably be posted to a public forum, so that others with questions like you might be able to google it.
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome "Questions12" Have you perhaps considered that there telling you what you want to hear. and they will ask you for money sooner or later. The chances are it's a man, your corresponding with and not a woman. Easiest way to test if he's "on script" is to ask him a direct question, If it's a scam , they will ignore it, as quite often they don't even read your reply's they just send the next script.

But post what you have received, Don't worry about hurting anyone's feelings, If it's genuine then it will stand out, like dogs balls.

Your only worry, is they have your real name, which might access who knows what about yourself, given they know how to access it.. invent a new character, on a new e-mail account, and see if you get the same e-mails back.. Chances are you will. Then you can start baiting him.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Many native English speakers don't speak good English and there are baiters here and victims too who don't speak perfect English as it isn't their first language, so the quality of writing is not a guide, nor is the place they're mailing from, unless they claim to be from somewhere else.

The despicable fact is that scammers look upon religion, emotion and disability as weaknesses to be exploited. If you have your defences and sensors active, then I would just treat it as a normal exchange until you find it's turning into something else.

Even though I bait I am still able to lead a normal healthy (sort of) life, which is another way of saying, if you know what to look for, why worry ? The scammers I have tracked to religious sites aren't usually very subtle in their true intent, so you'll find out soon enough.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Quillan
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some warning signs are-

-talking about money
-saying they're related to you
-talking about "being friends" (after a few emails, their sister/mother/son/dog will get in a horrible accident and they'll see if they can convince you to send them money to "help")

But yeah, if you post it people could probably tell right off if it's legit or not.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic