SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Foosball table

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a family Christmas gift I was thinking of getting a high grade Foosball table. Does anyone have recommendations as to a particular brand? We have several retailers in the Minneapolis area that sell several brands. Any input would be appreciated. I am looking at a maximum price of US $1700.00.

I wouldn't mind, and would rather prefer, buying a table that was made for a commercial application. (ie: Made for a tavern, pub or bar.)

Are there any Eaters experienced in this area?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you know of a pub/bar that has one why not go in and speak to the manager as to whether it stands up to the abuse of a pub crowd and quality/customer service etc. Also maybe the pub's table has a manufacturers label on it so you can tell who made it...

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Donato... to get the best quality table you should approach your local bar and see what they reccommend.

Just as an aside, why do Americans call it "Foosball"? I can only imagine that it's from the German "Fussball" meaning football?
In the UK it's properly called table football, and in the rest of Europe it's generally referred to as "Babyfoot" (i.e. baby football).
Thanks to those 2 twats on "Friends", even UK people are starting to call it "Fooozeball". Evil or Very Mad
God I hate TV. Laughing

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
ernieh1969
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Call some local coin-op companies. You know, the one who supply the tables and games to the bars. Most of them do their own repair work and could probably point you in the right direction.

BAIT SAFE -BAIT OFTEN
Closed lad accounts
Safari(Group Effort)O. Ch1dinma: Lagos to Cotonou: "Ihave to start beging for money to go back home now."

"your rules are enormous ...[I] might be too inconsequential to fill the big hole that you just created." ESTH3R J4CQU3LYN DOE (MRS.)
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My parents have the Costco version. They bought it in the big box store but it can be had online with free shipping. Item # 243975. It only gets intensive play for holidays but I see very little difference between it and a commercial version as far a quality of the steel guides and players. The table can support a person's weight. The only difference is the pinball style start.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the advice all. In doing some research there are a myriad of tables available, perplexing to say the least.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic