SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Renting Apartment - Am I being scammed - Case 1

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
samsung13
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Greetings!

I am new here.

I have an apartment to rent and I put an ad on Craigslist. While I get some people who are normal folks with email and phone, I also was contacted by couple of unusual folks. Something just does smell fishy...

I don't have experience with such matters, so you will be my judges.

Here's the initial response to my ad:

"Hello,
How are you doing today.I was just checking for a property to rent on craigslist and found yours. I am interested in renting it. I'll like to know some information regarding the property such as the total amount needed for move-In including deposit..I would love to see some pictures of the interior.When is the ideal Move in date. Kindly get back to me with the answer so that we could proceed from there. Waiting for your response asap"

After my reply stating that apartment is available and possible times for appointment, I received this e-mail:

"Hello,
Thanks for the quick response.I am so glad to inform you that my organizer agreed to pay the requested amount payment for the 1st month rent and deposit starting on the 22 of this Month.I am coming from united kingom england.I am artists working with (FANTASY ARTISTS) at present.Bellow is my employer's address here in the united kingom,333 western avenue london w3 0rs and the web site is www.fantasy-artists.co.uk. and there number is (1144) 7949965335. and fax number (1144) 2076917368.Presently i am working in your area that is why my boss choose your house for me,I wish to sign the lease agreement in person with you when i arrive and all the necessary lease form to be signed before i moved into the house i will like to sign one year lease as soon as i get to the State. As i we will be working on contract and below is my personal information;
(1) My Address 2 Gaside close London se28 0ex (2) Phone number (1144) 7506419924 (3) Passport number 326948242 (4) My National Issurance number jx895644b.Kindly get back to me with the under listed information so that the payment can be issued out to you asap today.And my boss let me know that payment you will receiver form him it include my furniture allowances and my traveling expertise after you might have deduct your own amount rent and the deposit on the check you will received form him,And pls do let me know now if i can trust you with the money.
(1) FULL NAME AS IT WILL BE ON CHECK,
(2) MAILING ADDRESS,
(3) CELL NUMBER AND ALTERNATIVE NUMBER.
I will be glad if you could furnish me with the required details so that we can proceed on payment.
EMPLOYMENT INFO
(1) Position Manager (2) Monthly income 8500 pounds (3) Other source of income 5500 pounds.Here is my phone number (1144) 7506419924 And pls do get back to me with more details about the house.When i arrive i will fill all the paper work and sign all the necessary lease form to be signed before i moved into the house.Here is my picture with my lovely wife and my letter employment of my comprany await your response,Cheers"

Does this look like scam to you? What should I do?

Best,
Sam

Mod Note: Moved from Main Scambaiting to Miscellaneous Scams [BB]
samsung13
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Forgot to mention - I am in the USA, if this helps, and person who contacted me is in UK. She basically agreed to rent the place without ever seeing the apartment or me sending any pictures...
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Sam, It is definitely a scam. Do a Google search on the address they gave you in London. It is related to other similar scams. These people are proposing that they will send you a check for a larger amount than just rent - including travel expenses and furniture allowance. They want you to cash the check, deduct the rent and than return the difference to them. Thus getting you to cash a fake check and getting some cash for them.

Post the full header from the email and we can check the ip to see where the email was sent from. Also post the email address and any other details, (making sure to hide anything that relates to your true identity) here and on scamwarners.com to warn other potential victims.

Cut off all contact with this person. Just tell them that the place is no longer available. I am sure some of the more experienced members here will give you some additional advice. Good luck!
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Please refer to ScamWarners.com. Tons of information there.

While we obviously are very familiar with scams, our primary purpose is lashing out at the lads in one form or another. ScamWarners, by contrast, is a better resource for figuring out if you are being targeted.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Googling on the National Insurance number comes up with five examples of it being used for scamming.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Ninastian
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

scamscamscamscamscamscamscam Very Happy

Oh [the captive] ate his own willy!!! HAHAHAHA. I saw the look of excitement in his eyes like no other meat taste better!! yummm yummm! HAHAHAAHAHA. He cut his big right toe, his penis and penis shaft at different stages- funny funny funny!! He did this where some promiscous women do all sort of things. I know they were all thrilled. ahahahahahhhhhaaaaaa. His penis shaft was sewn to his nostril and more!! The doctor did a good job!! My men took picture of him parading him around the market square and public schools where everyone sang him wanker praises!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I will continue to torture him unless I receive my $150,000 reward for wasting my time!! Period!
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://Gomer.fileave.com/MrGomerVRenter.wav

Sorry about the audio quality but I have had to set up a new pc and my audio settings are 'a work in progress' but he's 100% a 419 scammer - and a very irritated one too. Laughing

I could irritate a lamp post. Twisted Evil

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic