SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Renting Apartment - Am I being scammed? - Case 2

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
samsung13
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another one - in response to my add to rent an apartment.

First response to my ad:

" I saw you were renting a _____ apartment last month on craigslist. Is it rented or is it still available. i would love to come and see it if it is vacant.
Regards, _____"

Second e-mail:

I would still like to come see it but for peace of mind would like to know how it is still available.

Just an FYI?for you I live in _______ with my wife and two kids but business takes me to ____ two weekends a month and I am just looking for a place to spend my weekends. I am the ideal tenant who is just looking for a place to hang my hat for those two weekends. Up until now I usually stay at the Hilton Hotel but would prefer a studio so I can kind of have a place away from my house. I am sure if I like the apartment we can come to an agreement. I assume you would want security, 1st
month,last month and some personal things like paychecks and tax forms. Is that correct. Money would not be an issue the only
issue I have is why the apartment still available. Anyway I am in ____ this weekend so I hope to find 10 minutes in my busy
schedule to come and see the apartment.Thanks for your time"

Third e-mail:

"Just ot?your email tis?morning. I am heading out of town as I speak. I will be back in ____ next Saturday. If you can send me some pictures of apartment I can send you up a check or money order for the 1st 3 months. Please email me some pictures. If this doesnt?work for you let me know and maybe we can make arrangements for next weekend. After next weekend I wont be back to the weekend of November 8th. I am sure the last tenant was a major inconvenience being he moved in and out in such a quick turnaround. I can assure you this would be long term or as long as I keep my business interest in ___. The hotel is costing
more than the ______?for just 1 weekend and like I said there is no comfort in getting a different room every weekend so I think an apartment would be better. Let me know."

After I sent him some pictures of the place, here's the weird e-mail:

"looks great where can I send the money order to. I will send you three months of rent X,XXX dollars in the form of a money order."

What do you say?
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam. The money order will be fake.

Either drop him and walk away, or tell him that you have a policy that you must meet all prospective tenants in person before you will accept a down-payment.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

See my response in this thread.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ask for the money to come in a trunk box .... Razz
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No phone number ? Sad

I can make another call in the hope of getting my audio settings correct and also flush him out if you like.

Any foreigners wanting to pay you should send you a Western Union payment. Ideally you would make it a bank to bank 'SWIFT' transfer, but the danger of you divulging your bank details to a scammer is so great it would be wiser to accept the initial deposit in this manner until you know you have an honest client.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sadly if you ask for a WU payment you may involve an ITP person if the .1% chance it does get sent. Then "I can't make it" and ask you to wire the money back.

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
puppetworld
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

no one would ever pay three months rent up front.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You will accept a Western Union payment, it is 100% non-refundable in any circumstances whatsoever Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic