SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Internet on a refugee camp YEAH RIGHT!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hacktubu
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
from (van) Joy Koneh <[email protected]>
aan hotmail at *******.nl
datum 11 oktober 2008 10:40
subject (onderwerp) HOPE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU
ondertekend door yahoo.com

Received 10:40AM GMT+1 Time [pic1.jpeg,pic.jpeg,love.gif]

HELLO,MY DEAR
How are you today My name is Joy
Koneh from Ivory Coast in West Africa .
Presently i am residing in the refugee camp here in
Dakar Senegal
as a result of the civil war going on in my country.
I am 22 years old girl 5'8" tall.
My father Dr Solomon koneh was the personal advice to
the former head of state(Late Dr Robert Gui) before
the rebels attacked our
house one early morning and killed him along side with
my mother.
It is only me that is alive now and i managed to make
my way to a near by country Senegal where i am living
now.
Please I will like to know more about you.
Your likes and dislikes and what you are doing
presently.I will tell you more about myself in my next
mail.
Attached here is my picture.
Waiting for your reply.
Your Love Joy

-------------------
Yeah right, and of course I believe it immediately that you are interested in me because of my profile on solomio.nl (Dutch web cam site) and that you are able to use Internet from a refugee camp. Sure! Makes perfect sense.
Well anyways, I don't have the time to discuss with these type of criminals so I just replied that her scam was intercepted on my server (I own a domain) And that further emails from that account would be blocked ... (well in fact, they're directly forwarded to [email protected] by now)
It's been awfully quiet in my inbox since then Very Happy
B.t.w. the pictures attached were awful, I wouldn't date that woman even if I got paid to do so. These scammers get more lazy every time.
Have a nice weekend people, and don't let "Joy" scam you.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, many lads do try to have their victims believe that refugee camps do in fact have internet provided to them so they can try to scam their way out of the refugee camp.

I dont suppose this looks familiar at all Take a look here

Where are my manners,

Welcome Escovan Laughing

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here,
You're completely right of course, when they build those camps they set them all up for internet. It's one of the first necessities if they want the people to integrate in their new country with their "own" money Wink
You'll be okay, read a bit, try a few hundred stickies, ask questions when needed and get a SAFE email account like Hushmail, Fastmail or Gmail as they don't send your IP# in the emails you send to your new friends.
IP#?
Quote:
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a numerical identification (logical address) that is assigned to devices participating in a computer network utilizing the Internet Protocol for communication between its nodes.
THANKS Wiki, your own personal address on the Internet.
You just got to know a few things so you can bait SAFE, after that your imagination is the limit.
Warning: It might be addicting Laughing
Have fun, bait SAFE

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Murry Guru:
Whaahha LOL 2.3Million dollars ... and then what? I'm supposed to transfer her some money first, or is she instantly using my bank account to launder money with... whhahahaa I never got that far with emailing her. Maybe I should consider baiting them next time... cause it seems like a lot of fun and I always love to help catch criminals or at least try to make their illegal activities harder... I'll just consider it.

bill2:
Yeah, I know, I should read in to this forum first ... but this was the first actual scammer I encountered personally and I just wanted to let you know. I will read the FAQs and stickies when I have time for it. (I am also moderating a big dutch ICT site and I run a foundation ... so I have little time left sometimes)
I have my own domain with a protected email server that does the same as GMail etc. only better. This mail was sent to that server and ended up in my Hotmail. I replied from a safe account. Again: Future mails from this address are directly forwarded to the abuse department of yahoo with SCAM added to the subject line. And then they are moved to my spam folder which empties every 10 days automatically.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aaaaah, that wasn't in your message Laughing
Welcome anyway, read a bit and maybe you find something to your liking in the surplus forum. It doesn't have to take up lots of time, all my lads are on a diet of 2 to 3 emails a week, they are of course a bit frustrated with that, but I'm a good payer so they'll wait Twisted Evil
If..., just drop a question and the gang will jump on it with help, comments and BS Laughing

CU around

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Escovan, welcome.

If you're interested in baiting at all, you might want to check out the surplus letters forum. There's one there right now claiming to be in the Netherlands and it could be interesting to try to bait them in Dutch. Of course, you should tell them that you moved to England or the US awhile ago - somewhere you don't actually live. Smile

If you're going to bait, I would definitely suggest not using your private server if it gives out its real IP. An angry lad could start a DDoS attack on it. Much better to use Gmail, Fastmail or Hushmail as I'm sure they deal with that sort of problem every day. Smile
Hacktubu
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the tip catjan. I will use my GMail then. Though they'd have to be really handy to be able to send more as 2000 requests per second to my server (I believe that's where limitations are...) But you're right, if they'd somehow manage to f*ck up my server they'd cause a lot of people trouble. (It for the foundation I work for.)
I will look in to the surplus forum.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Escovan.

I baited a female (really a male) scammer in a refugee camp once. I can't quite get cross gender baiting, so I baiter her as a lesbian. She was more than willing. Anyway, it was basically the same story as yours above only a different name, and she tried several tactics on me. Mostly I just got emails from her lawyer asking for money for his services as he would help get her and her money safely to me. They wanted money sent via Western Union, but would be happy to take my bank account or visa card numbers if WU was an inconvenience.

Sadly some people do fall for this and other scams like it. The heart often overrides common sense. It's good you recognized the crap from the beginning. If you'd like to help us fight it by making it less profitable for the scammers, you will find yourself very welcome here.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I just had a Jul13t N0rm@n who also was in a refugee camp. Too bad, she had 2 baiters ruin her day (see my sig)

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
Fishhead
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

welcome to eater Very Happy

I was hit with a couple of mail scammers that lead me here. Its been fun ever since. Just follow the advice and if you decide to bait ask for a mentor. Very Happy

The Thing
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey I have a lad right now who is in a senegal refugee camp. She apparently fled from Sudan because she was afraid of being raped.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic