SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A grand day out (by steam train)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got back late last night after travelling from Crewe to Carlisle and back again on a charter steam train, pulled by sprightly 70 year old 'Duchess of Sutherland' (yes, Nanny Ogg, the same one responsible for the Highland clearances when she decided that the tenant crofters did not fit in with her business plan for huge sheep farms) Sad

While capable of over 100mph, these days the old girl is speed limited, but did hit 80mph a couple of times. the guys sat opposite had satnavs reading the speed as we went along. Going I was in the first coach, and the sound effects were amazing. I put my head out of the window, wearing borrowed goggles, and got a face full of cinders.

When we got back to Crewe and the engine pulled away from the train, the crew were given a warm round of applause. I had to laugh at Preston, where there were announcements telling passengers that it was illegal to smoke at the station.

Youtube vids:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cemw37l-Uiw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wlROWZK3so

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MKxG8lVb1-s&feature=related

I'm in the second coach somehwere.

The sprightly crew:

The loco, at Carlisle. Built at Crewe in 1938, she was once streamlined, and a sister engine briefly held the World speed record.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The driver on the right in the first picture looks a bit... er... light on the footplate. Perhaps he knows your avatar and was saying "Hello ducky".

Great pics. I've not been on a steam train since my teens down in Devon... they ran a service from Paignton to Kings Wear near Dartmouth.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The neckerchiefs dont look very manly. I wear one on the motorbike to stop my neck getting sunburned sometimes, but it's not a good look.

I forgot to say, this engine was one of several, due for the scrapyard, bought up by Billy Butlin for his holiday camps and kids to climb all over.

Eventually rescued and restored, without him they would have gone to make razor blades and washing machines. If anyone went to the Point of Ayr camp in the late 60's or 1970's they will have seen it.

You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Jerome
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great pics.
Beautiful "girl" Smile

Roycropper wrote:
While capable of over 100mph, these days the old girl is speed limited, but did hit 80mph a couple of times.

The real question is, can it go at 88mph?

Flag Monaco Benin Benin Benin Ivory Coast Ivory Coast Ivory Coast France France France Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Mortar Mortar
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aw nice, can almost smell it

Steam trains always remind me of my grandfather, he'd walk me up to the footbrige to watch the trains. He'd lift me up on the parapet to see them.
I'm sure my Nan would be less than impressed by having to clean the sooty kids up ( grandad included ), smuts on our faces but smiling Very Happy

Sat nav, hows that for mingling technologies?

Butlins at Ayr now Haven holiday park, Sadly no steam trains there now.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is what they looked like when they were streamlined, in the 1930's and 40's:

Sister engine Duchess of Hamilton, which was recued by the Butlin's camp at Minehead, is being re-streamlined by the National Railway Museum, and should be on display next year at York in its art deco maroon livery with gold stripes. Be warned, there will be photos.

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic