SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is there a way to shut down a satellite phone?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sodium608
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

My lad's using a satellite phone for making calls and email. I've located the satellite phone company and I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck sending in a complaint and getting the number shut down.

Any suggestions welcome!!
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know but the best thing to do is keep him on it as long as possible. Satellite phones aren't cheap to use.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
dh_mac
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Whoaaa .. now thats a good one.

Have you tried the 'search' feature of the forums??

I would think that it would be *nearly* impossible to shut down a persons satellite handset/ number on the merit that the user is involved in something fraudulent like 419. I mean, it makes for good movies of governments chasing the bad guy to the end of the earth 'cause he's a terrorist with stolen secrets to the nuclear bunker & he's negotiating via a sat link!

But seriously - just to try and address a Sat telephone provider with all sorts of ammunition about credit card frauds, passing bad checks, and demanding Western Union payments while out trekking in the Sahara would be *very* difficult.

Hiding Osama in a cave and ordering take away via satphone = maybe.
But shutting down a Sat # via the provider cause Mugu has a Sat phone ??

Anyone with Telco experience have any comments??

Perhaps posting the original scam email and then posting the sat number may be able to be woven into a parallel bait by having one of your Lads try to call your first Lad's super expensive number?? This would be expensive for both parties I am sure. I would suggest checking with a Mod about this first in order to avoid breaking any board policies

"..SCAN ME THE BANK RECEIPT AGAIN AND MAKE SURE YOU SCAN IT PROPERLY SO THAT IT CAN BE SEEINGABLE." Mr_Berkley

"...WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO UNH, TO KILL MY SELF BECAUSE OF A PARCKAGE.." Androse V1ncent-another satisfied customer of ParcelDirect

"..I AM TOTALY DISAPONTED THE WAY YOU ARE TAKING THIS TRANSACTION ...IF I HAVE KNEW YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE THIS TRANSACTRION THIS WAY ..I WIL NOT CONTACT YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME"-DR_Usman

Russia United States
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most telecom companies will refuse to act unless there is a court order or subpoena in place. Both are very difficult to obtain. They will shut him down if he misses 2 payments or more.

The best way is to run up his phone bill and hopefully he can no longer afford to opperate one. As sir scam alot said, satellite phone air time isn't cheap.

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I work for a large cell company here in the US. I don't know how sat phones work but it is pretty much impossible to shut someone's phone down unless by court order. In our company, if we want to shut someone's phone off for any other reason than them not paying their bill, it is a major ordeal and it has to be for reasons that affect our company, not the general public.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
larry
Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Agreed,

Im in telecom as well. Most Telecom companies will not get involved without the authorities providing legal documents so that the telco is protected. Probably the best thing is to inconveniance this guy. Sat phones are expensive to operate. You need to run up his talk minutes.

What country is hosting his telephone number?
sodium608
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Larry, I'll get back to you on that - i have to do a little digging again to get it.

If anyone wants, I can give them the lad's email and have it call you. Here's how you get free call forwarding in the US:

http://www.inumbr.com/

Have fun chatting!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic