SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New latop came with DOWNGRADE CD

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jellyroll
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My new laptop (due any time now) comes with Vista installed. For only an extra $99, Dell will sell me a Downgrade CD which will allow me to use Windows XP rather than Vista. The people from whom I purchased the laptop actually throw in this CD.

I plan to use it. Talk about your religious arguments....

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Downgrade. Vista may look nicer, but i really miss XP. >_> It plays more games and is a lot easier to use.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm used to vista now as both my laptops have it, but having said that I did find XP easier to use in general.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Jellyroll
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Despite earlier quotation from the ad, the laptop (Dell Vostro 1700) actually came with XP pre-installed and a disk for Vista, plus another for XP. I shall trust in the Gods who ordained this configuration and leave it as an XP laptop. I seem to remember hearing of some problem using Boot Magic or another boot manager unless Vista is the primo OS. Some of my applications are old enough so that Vista would probably be a bad idea anyway.

And yet the Vista disk is sitting in its envelope glaring at me in a most evil fashion.

I really must figure out a way to charge my customers extra for obsolete stuff. It's so darned.....elegant.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Call it 'classic' or 'antique' or 'retro' or 'customized' and add to the price. Wink Laughing

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
Bomber Harris
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vista looks prettier but uses more ram. I have a friend who swears by it but it is on my daughters laptop and I don't like it!!!
It seems that everytime you press a key you are asked "Are you really sure", "Do you really want to load this?" etc

I did read that Vista is not as popular as Microsoft would like and it is the sale of new machines that is helping sales, rather than it's popularity.

I don't think you can c*py it either!

your stup!d got.die f*ck uuuuuu (What Fanta Branco thought of Barrister Akigbes' suggestion "Her" format was no good!)
I felt humiliated at the front of Money Gramme agent that a full reputation of me comes around at their office with fake information.(Dr Rev T3rry 4lbert)

Closed lad accounts X3, Closed lad accounts Vlad X3 United Kingdom
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved here from Technical (which if you look closely, is actually a thread about technical questions about Eater).... Wink

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vista takes some time to get used to .. especially if you decide to go ahead with MS office 2007 as well, still not used to that forking 'ribbon' after 6 months .. You could speed up vista by turning off the Aero interface features and get less annoying popups when switching off UAC.

Interesting detail: a Dell vista install dvd will install on any PC/ notebook with a 'vista ready' or 'windows vista' sticker. No registration hassle ..

All and all I still like XP/ Office 2003 better though .. but that might be because I'm used to that for several years ..

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

XP can now be installed as a downgrade on new PC's until the middle of next year. New machines have been the vast majority of sales, Vista has pretty much been a disaster for MS. Windows 7 is supposed to be out before the end of next year (believe that when I see it) so most people will just bypass Vista.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rodus wrote:
Windows 7 is supposed to be out before the end of next year

Which will probably be an 'upgraded' vista ... count your blessings Rolling Eyes ..

Might be a better OS though, Windoze 7 .. it's happened before

win95 (crappy) to be followed with win98 (not bad)
.. followed with ME (completely fecked up version) .. followed by XP (fairly OK)

You'd think it's their marketing strategy .. everyone buying new PC's now (with Vista pre-installed) will purchase an upgrade to MS7 later anyway.. so 2 times a revenue on one PC...

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^If they avoid going the cloud computing route (it didn't catch on in the 90's, won't catch on now), use a more robust kernel, ditch the registry and dump the insane amount of legacy support it'll probably be great.

As MS won't do any of this be prepared for yet another bloated hack of an OS with the tagline 'Imitate not Innovate'.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Downgrade.

Bring back 2000 Pro!

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I hear that.

2k Pro was my favorite for a long time till I got hardcore into gaming and stuff. XP was not necessary, but the difference between 2k Pro and Vista is monumental.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic