SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scripted responses

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Cathy2008
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi guys

I am very new here (see post count) - although have been reading some of the hilarious baits on here for years.

Just started with my first lad. I know for a fact he is sending scripted responses (he originally sent them to my profile on Dating Direct), but I have since set up an IP stripping account to bait from. The emails I get are word for word the same, although he tops them and may add in a paragraph to answer my question.

My question is, (being new and lacking in confidence) - if he is using scripted responses, with the odd addition is this worth bothering with? Or is the fact that he is now adding in extra paras likely to mean he is starting to sit up and take notice of this lonely heartbroken widow? I couldn't help thinking scripted responses were probably just to get at my email address/IP address rather than get £ out of me. Incidentally, the scripted responses do mention his father's estate.......

I shall be posting in "Mentor needed" soon!!!!

Cx
Scarlett
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Cathy,
The love lads I've baited start out with a script, and they will personalize it if they think you're someone that might fall for him. Lads are lazy, and they do a lot of copy and paste in their emails.

I don't know how you feel about YIM but that is an excellent way to get him off script faster.

Most romance lads (in my limited experience) don't care about your email information, they want to find someone that's vulnerable and that they can get to send them money.

Good luck with the lad, and keep us updated. Smile

Safari AM STILL AT THE AIRPORT WAITING AND DYING
OOOOOO.... A1ex (thanks to Red & 5imba for 5SC)
Safari Abuja to Bauchi -am just like a notives down here walking up and down from one street to another…A1ex (thanks to 5imba & Red for their help)
Safari Ogun Sagamu to Abuja -A1ex
Safari (Group Effort) 0 Ch1d1nma: Lagos to Cotonou - "u told me not to bring money down which i didnt"
Safari Joint safari with OxygenDeprived

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony pony Mortar x2
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, Cathy2008, and welcome to Eater! Very Happy

Love-lads use scripted responses to get the victims hooked. The scripts are many times in much better English than the lad has command of, as women are becoming suspicious of poor English. Once the victim is "in love," the lad will gradually get more and more off-script. The fact that he's answering something from your mails indicates that he is at least looking them over for nuggets to respond to - just enough to keep you interested.

If you're comfortable doing IM chat, that's the best way to get him off-script, because he has to think on his seat instead of just grabbing a script (although you are not immune to copy/paste even in chat). The downside is that you also have to think fast.

Keep at it, and do ask for a mentor. They're good resources! Wink

eta: Wow! Scarlett is fast

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait

Last edited by Titania on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From my limited experience with love baits, its quite usual to get a series of scripts, which will of course end with an urgent need for money, with a couple of lines tagged on to answer any particular issue that your last email raised.

Lazy lads and vlads at work, I'm afraid.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, love lads and vlads are famous for being lazy bastards. Mad
Most love scam victims don't realise that their whole "romance" was scripted and that "he" very rarely read a word that landed in his inbox unless that word happened to be "money".
That's just the territory of a love baiter I'm afraid.

It's no big deal to be honest, you can do the same if you like... do your first bait and then save the replies as you go. Tailor them to the replies you get later on.
Our two ladies above were right that YIM is a fast way to get them away from the scripts. I'm no good with YIM myself, but it's one option.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Cathy2008
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks!!

Now I am really offended. Someone sending me the same messages as they send to someone else because they are lazy!!

Oh well, I asked if there was a quicker way for us to talk because whilst I am not ready for a phone conversation yet, emails seem so slow! We shall see if he responds to that. Although his last scripted message asked me to leave the dating site.

As far as getting him banned from the site is concerned, to email on DD you have to be a paid member. So I reckon I should get him busted from the site so it costs him to set up again. If it was free I understand the protocol on here is to leave him for other baiters too. However, because he must have paid would others recommend shopping him? Then he has wasted a sub fee.
Cathy2008
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Blimey. Lazy is not the word. He keeps responding to my messages with the same message two or three times. Must have a shed load of correspondence to keep up with!!!
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
However, because he must have paid would others recommend shopping him? Then he has wasted a sub fee

Sadly, he probably paid that fee with a stolen credit card. Or he got another vic to pay it for him. Sad

I would leave him up but post his details wherever you can, like here, on www.scamwarners.com, and on www.romancescam.com.

The more places his details show up, the more likely it is that someone googling his info will find him in bad company. Smile

Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I'd agree with that. While it's debateable, my view is that getting him booted only forces him underground, only to re-surface with a clean record and a new name.
Get those details posted on every romance scam site that you can, and then he can stew in his own stupidity while his character name shows up on searches all over the place.

Our google expert (and erstwhile romance scam chaser) Murray Guru finds all his good info that way and it's helped many a potential victim.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
Cathy2008
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I shall leave him alone on the site then!!! But will report.

Interestingly, I don't think he is in Nigeria. I've checked his IP address and they are all coming out as a US address.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Post a header and I'll have a look.

Scarlett
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Cathy,
I've had lads IP show as the USA, but when I used read/notify it came back in my case to Nigeria.

Here's a link to the read/notify site: http://www.readnotify.com/

Safari AM STILL AT THE AIRPORT WAITING AND DYING
OOOOOO.... A1ex (thanks to Red & 5imba for 5SC)
Safari Abuja to Bauchi -am just like a notives down here walking up and down from one street to another…A1ex (thanks to 5imba & Red for their help)
Safari Ogun Sagamu to Abuja -A1ex
Safari (Group Effort) 0 Ch1d1nma: Lagos to Cotonou - "u told me not to bring money down which i didnt"
Safari Joint safari with OxygenDeprived

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony pony Mortar x2
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What I just adviced elsewhere on the forum
Quote:
Slow down a bit in answering, he is just a friend and can't expect that you sit behind the screen 24/7, send him a nice family picture and add a few personal problems that he needs to answer to first, if..... what would you do? My aunt says that all ...... what do you think about it. I can make $$$ with extra work at the ? what would you advice me? Small questions that can be discussed forever. After all he's your friend, who else better to ask advice from Wink Especially real feminine questions about body, trends and color will make him nice and nervous, but it's part of the bonding process so he will try to give the right answers Twisted Evil

Get him off script that way and make him work for you or if you dare, get him on chat with the same questions, that's really wasting his time 1 on 1.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Mugatu - I hope you don't mind, but I pm'd it incase he googles himself.

Scarlett, thanks also, I am trying to get into Read/Notify, but it just keeps crashing my machine!!!! (Actually, it could be SUS - Stupid User Syndrome).
Cathy2008
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bill, he said he is going to YIM me, but he is quiet atm. Said he was logging off for 3 hours about 4 hours ago. But I ain't going anywhere!!! lol
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As replied to in the PM (I'll make this public so others can see the answer) he's using a satellite provider at the moment. Cathy will keep an eye on him to see if he moves IPs at any point.

Cathy2008
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Mugatu ^^^ was just going to do the same myself!!

More as and when folks.......
Cathy2008
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rats. He has been removed from the dating site so I can't spy on him using my fake profile. And he has gone very quiet. Perhaps I need to find another toy to play with.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tip: Googling his email address (just the first part, up to "@") may find you some other aliases on the net. Fraudsters often use the same name @yahoo, @rocketmail, @live etc.
Also, if his email has a number in it, say frankspencer12@yahoo, try changing the number to 13, or 11. They often number their accounts as they get shut down so frequently.

If all else fails, there are many more out there. You can either hunt them yourself by posting a minging profile on any free dating site (they'll find you there, don't worry, just make sure to make yourself unnattractive so as not to snare genuine members)...
Alternatively, Old Bag Lady has a great catcher account full of love lads, you could ask her for the keys or a random selection.

Unfortunately, all my spare love interests are Russian "females" at the moment.

Cathy2008
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried googling him, but didn't come up with anything.

I've put a profile up on a free dating site to see what I get. I have already spotted a few on there!!
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd like to make a few points regarding reporting scammers on dating sites:

Free sites, leave them to it. Most free sites will filter out screen names, identifying comments and email addresses from their user's messages, so this makes it more difficult for the scammers to hook their victims.

Paid sites: I always report. Paying for a false profile lends more credibility to the scammer and they harm more innocent victims this way. 99.9% of the lads use stolen credit card details or con some poor innocent victim into setting up the account in the first place so they fully expect their profile to be closed. This does not cause them to repackage themselves and start over. Besides, the owners of the paid sites are being victimized too. It is my opinion that we should not allow this to happen, solely in the interests of entertainment baiting.

As for reporting, as Mugatu suggested, please post the scammer's email address, IP address (if you can get it) and all the user names he uses, to any online scammer database that you can find. Post them here on Eater if you're not going to bait the lad or be posting details of your bait. Or if you are going to bait, still post his information somewhere so that other potential victims might find proof he's a scammer if they do a search. There are several databases on the net for doing this. My favorite (when I don't use Eater) is romancescam.com. They maintain a HUGE database and post the pictures the scammers use as further proof for victims.

Last - hey guys! You're slipping as baiters. You've forgotten the fun part of baiting lads, SLAPPING!

Vlads use scripts but they use automated mailing software that generates the scripts so no matter what you say, no human is reading the emails you send. If this is a lad (and I doubt lads are using automation yet), you can abuse him and verbally slap him and he'll most likely keep coming back for more - plus he should obey your commands and stop with the scripted responses.

My guess is that your lad's English sucks and he's waiting for someone higher up the scamming organizational ladder to take over for him. Push the bait to a head by telling him that you're sick of him saying the same thing over and over again and he should either get real or go make a date with his hand.

Oh and WELCOME Cathy!

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Cathy2008
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks oldbaglady. Some very informative stuff there. (Although, can I just say HOW helpful and kind everyone has been). There is a real air of friendliness on here (unless you are a scammer!!).

I have joined romancescam. I can't report the profile of this muppet on there cos it has gone, but I can post his email address and user name (he uses anagrams - his user name is an anagram of R M0ney and his email is an anagram of Le St3v3d0r3).

Other than that, I have just had my first yim convo with him - my last email to him appears to have stirred him into action. He is getting a bit frustrated at my lack of computer knowledge because I have now asked him 6 times how a webcam works.

His english is appalling and his geography is worse (he "Lives" in Tampa, but says it is too far from Orlando - where I am going on 22nd of this month (not) - multimap says its 85 miles!! lol). He is monosyllabic but has now logged off for 2 hours "to meet his lawyer"!. I wish he was a bit more fun cos its like extracting blood from a stone.

He says he has a headeque, and I was very tempted to tell him to suck a germaloid (that's a popular english remedy for piles) to help...........

I've saved the YIM and will post it if I am ever able to push him further.
Cathy2008
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am nearly wetting myself laughing!

This lad really does not know how to deal with hysterical, clinging, bunny boiling, female!!!
Cathy2008
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This was such fun:-

Quote:
lad: its my lawyer called
Me: did you tell him?
lad: we are going to meet in the nest half an hour
Me: oh, I see. I thought you wanted to stay and chat
Me: Honestly, you say one thing one minute and something else the next
lad: how
lad: i dont understand you
Me: well you said a few minutes ago would I stay and chat and then you just said you are going to meet with your lawyer!
lad: am sorry
lad: but you know i think think this will happen
Me: what will happen?
lad: i think you understand me
lad: its not my fault
lad: that am going to have a call now
lad: so i will not stay long
Me: well I think you should tell your lawyer
Me: he works for you, not the other way round
lad: more so i will have to tell him all we discuss now
lad: yes
lad: i am going to do that ok
Me: I just tell my lawyer, "No it is not convenient now".
lad: ok
Me: What time will you be back?
lad: are you home today?
Me: yes
lad: so that i will not hurt you by tellinh you time
lad: then
Me: But I think I shall go for a ride now, seeing as you are going out.
lad: go
lad: and i will be back soon
Me: And I don't know what time I shall be back or if I will be on here again. You have upset me.
lad: no my dear
lad: dont be anoyed
Me: Yes - you said earlier you would stay and chat and then you run off to play with your lawyer. You should not say things you cannot keep
lad: i guess you are missing me already
Me: No I am not.
Me: don't be so presumptious
lad: ok then
lad: lets talk
lad: i will not go
lad: just to make you happy
Me: No, you are going to meet your lawyer. You have made arrangements with him now.
lad: i will tell him am not well to come
lad: lets talk
Me: No, don't bother. You see your lawyer. Do whatever you have to do.
lad: are you mad at me
Me: Yes
Me: I am going for a ride now.
lad: am not happy
Me: not my problem.
lad: that you bad at me you know
lad: we should not do that you know
Me: so its MY fault?
lad: no
lad: am not saying that
Me: Well you go meet your lawyer. He is more important than me.
lad: he is not
lad: stop talking this way
Me: He was 10 minutes ago
lad: it makes me crazy
lad: now i change my mind
Me: no need. I am going out now.
lad: Is@be11
Me: Is@be11a!
lad: please for God sake dont be mad at me
lad: i dont want to been you that way
lad: yes sorry
lad: am so srry
lad: do you forgive me

I still ranted on at him for another two pages!!!

Last edited by Cathy2008 on Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bow_down to Cathy2008 - for excellent use of Guilt Trip Strategy. Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic