SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Someone tried to scam me

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
hayley
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi

i'm new to this forum. i just posted this on another topic and then i saw this one.

I joined the dating website and a guy posing as Allen Haynes contacted me saying he was European. He gave me a number to call which i did, +447024052115 which is a English number. I rang it and he had a very strong Caribbean accent but claimed to be European/American. When we chatted on MSN, he kept sending me a url to a website in Vietnamese with a link to download something that had a virus. He also contacted me by other means posing to be Luis Maxwell and that he was Domenican. He claims to be living in London and an Engineer building a tunnel. Warning, this guy is a scammer.

Last edited by hayley on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fishhead
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry you had this experience. Post his email with the headers, if you need help with that some here can help.

You made the right choice to stop talking to him. Make sure you haven't given any personal information. That guy is scum. I'd stay away from the site and change the information on your profile by removing anything personal.

BTW, Welcome to eater. Very Happy

Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've replied to your other thread, but I'll just address that last part which wasn't in your original post.

Firstly, don't be afraid of him. As long as you just fade away, he is no risk to you, although he will probably pester you for a while yet if he has your real life number etc.

Yes, I would publish the emails and all of his details. Post them here and also at: (Just cut and paste the posts)
www.scamwarners.com
www.romancescam.com

The more this guy shows up on google searches, the more chance of girls spotting him, just as you did.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
hayley
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i deleted all his emails. darn

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome Hayley,

The number you were given is a redirect number which means that when you ring the number the call will be redirected to anywhere in teh world, scammers love them because it appears to be a UK number.

As Mugatu has suggested, please post up as many details of the scammer as you can leaving out anything that can lead back to you.

Early emails are great as we can do searches on them to find other instances of the same email which will in many cases lead us to the scammers other identities.

ALso teh phone number, a search on that will reveal in most cases a whole range of scams that the phone number is used for, if there are no hits on that information yet then it is even more important to get the information out on a public forum.

Romancescam and scamwarners are great places to post those details.

If you would like to learn more about these scams and how we play with them (and who wouldn't) the romance sticky will be very usefull, of course it focuses more on how to bait them but it also tells you how to spot them and what to expect from them.

Edit, deleted all of the emails?, dam, so what can you tell us about him, you would be surprised how such a small piece of information can help

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
hayley
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

HI

Here is the header of the email. i'm waiting for my registration to come thru at scamwarners and romance scam. if it doesn't come thru, someone can you post this? his email is at the end.

From Allen Haynes Mon Sep 22 05:28:39 2008
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Authentication-Results: mta466.mail.re4.yahoo.com from=yahoo.com; domainkeys=pass (ok)
Received: from 216.252.100.57 (HELO n6.bullet.mud.yahoo.com) (216.252.100.57)
by mta466.mail.re4.yahoo.com with SMTP; Mon, 22 Sep 2008 05:28:43 -0700
Received: from [209.191.108.96] by n6.bullet.mud.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 22 Sep 2008 12:28:39 -0000
Received: from [68.142.201.249] by t3.bullet.mud.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 22 Sep 2008 12:28:39 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp410.mail.mud.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 22 Sep 2008 12:28:39 -0000
Received: (qmail 49904 invoked by uid 60001); 22 Sep 2008 12:28:39 -0000
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Message-ID;

Received: from [41.204.224.41] by web46403.mail.sp1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Mon, 22 Sep 2008 05:28:39 PDT
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 05:28:39 -0700 (PDT)
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: hi
To:
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-1797723477-1222086519=:49683"
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Length: 4454

How are you doing today?How was your weekend? Its nice hearing back from you, I am sorry i didnt mail you for couple of days now. I got problem with my computer, It was affected by Trojan, I told i am new to this online thing.I just called engineer to install antivirus and other things on my pc. I have got it fixed now, I will be online to chat with you on mail you,I have read all about you, I dont need to search for more girls now,I would rather stay with you first than trying another girl,cos i will be confused.I will need your number so that i can call you when i am not online,this is mine +447024052115, i will need yours too,I want a serious relationship with you, not just an online friendship ok?I hope to hear back from you soon,bye for now.
Kindest Regards
Allen

----- Original Message ----
To:
Sent: Tuesday, 16 September, 2008 11:43:02 PM
Subject: Re: hi

Hello, I am glad to hear back from you,I am at work now, when i get home tonight, I will send my pics to you,and hope to chat with you on messenger, bye for now. Kindest Regards Allen

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Hayley,

Just as a matter of interest, here is a search result on the phone number Click Here i haven't looked at the second hit yet but it is more than likely the same person

I will edit with more results on the information you just provided

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
hayley
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thank you for doing that as i'm new to this and not very smart at it. i'll try and get the hotmail header too.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i deleted all his email to my other account but here is his other email i had in my sent mail. he also goes by this ID. his english is really poor.

To:
Subject: U Look to good Mitchelle ..Please call
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:41:41 +0000

Hello Mitchelle,
Its Nice to read From you what a Wonderful Asset you go there Am not Joking am serious ..Really Like you too and am Honest with you .we need to Have a chat online or phone call so i really need your phone Number i will appreciate you calling me this si the pictureyou requested for i ...Purposely did it On behalfof your request ..Cant wait to meet you Personallly
Luis

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That email address will give you a search result but you need to ditch the email providor, it is common for scammers to have the same address with multiple free email providors, so searching on the username will often provide some results

Here is some information I found (edited because it is not a profile) Click Here

Still having problems with the header, the header tool we normally use isn't opening at the moment

Hayley, the name that you have posted that is your name, if that has not been changed please edit it out using xxxx, there is no need for your details and it will help to prevent your posts being connected to you

The header tool is still giving me grief, if somebody else is able to get it working plese feel free, in the menatime the IP of the scammer is "216.252.100.57" a search on that will give This result the results are not necessarily from the same person but they are from the same Internet Service Providor, I cant say for sure yet but odds are the email came from an internet cafe and the other reesults are from other patrons of that same cafe

Yet another edit, sorry that resolves to sunnydale US, it is so much easier when the header tool is working Embarassed

Last edited by Murry Guru on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I snipped a non critical bit of your header that was causing forum blowout ( basically a line that was too long).

Nothing wrong with my tool:

Quote:
IP address [?]: 41.204.224.41 [Whois]
IP address country: Nigeria
IP address state: Abuja Capital Territory
IP address city: Abuja
IP address latitude: 9.175800
IP address longitude: 7.180800
ISP of this IP [?]: Wireless Broadband Internet service
Organization: VSAT
Local Time of this IP country: 2008-10-07 11:00

Ignore the UK number - lads pay for a redirect service that looks like a Uk number, but rings his mobile in Nigeria.

@ Murry, you go for the lowest 'Received from' IP, you got the wrong one there. Wink

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Roy, it is so much easier when you dont have to manually extract them, it has been a while and I am in a hurry Wink

hayley
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i'm having trouble registering at stop-scammers.com, there is no registration link? i want to post my story there too.

Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hayley, welcome to Eater! Smile

I'm sorry you came across a scammer while trying to find a genuine relationship. I don't know about you, but that leaves a bad taste in my soul. Evil or Very Mad But I'm glad you spotted him.

You've been given really good advice and information. And you appear to be willing to post your scammer's details all over the internet. That's great. While it's fun to bait love-lads, it's even better to educate people and expose the scammers whenever we can. Very Happy

Stick around if you want to see what kind of grief we dish out to romance scammers. Who knows - maybe some day soon you will want to dish out a bit of grief yourself.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
hayley
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

where do i see the grief you dish out?

Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Right in this very forum! Smile There are a number of threads in here that follow baits on love-lads. Several members here have sent their lads on safaris and otherwise twisted their tails royally. Have a look around and read a few of the threads. Very Happy

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hayley,

If you want to see some of the more recent "games" check out Scarlett or Titania's threads in this forum, or read the "dumb and dumberer" bait which is truly a one-of-a-kind classic.

Edit--oops- Welcome!

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Hayley. If you didn't give out personal information or lose money, I wouldn't lament too much about one of these cockroaches trying to scam you. If you're on any dating website, you might as well get used to it. Learn the signs and either bait them, report them, or both.

Here on the eater we play with them like toys. Sometimes we share our toys, sometimes we break them. Twisted Evil On scamwarners we post their information so that they can be found by other potential victims. Here when we're batting one around, we try a keep them from finding themselves being baited, so you might not want to openly admit you're baiting this one. Or you could always go back and edit your posts to show his email address with enough changes in it that Google is less likely to pick it up, like this: allen _ haynes 2008 @ yahoo.

Oh and the Dumber than Dumberer thread has been renamed and it's two pages back. Old history now, but it's sweet that you remember, Dorothy. I've been tempted to update it but have been hesitant to necro it. It's here: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=132481. That lad did find himself here, with some very interesting results.

The update would be that Wahab the lad for all intents and purposes appears to have gone straight. He's been off the net for quite a long time, working at a real job and being looked after by members of my church in Nigeria.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
hayley
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi OldBaglady,

yes i was concerned now that allen _ haynes emails now appear in google searches to this forum. what's the worse that can happen to me if he sees i'm talking about him and warning others? is it not also a good idea for other potential victims to see he's fake? i can go in and edit his emails like you say but i'm not sure if i should do that. advice please. i probably wouldn't get heavily into baiting. they try and send links to virus's on msn chat! oh and i'm never joining a free dating website again. i was so shocked by the experience i've given up on internet dating! i didn't meet anyone decent anyway!

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

does anyone know which forum i should post this in and if i'm in the best forum where i've posted it?

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149597

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Hayley. Don't worry about posting the lad's info here. If you're not baiting then it IS better that it can be found by doing a google search. There is no worse that can happen to you. Letting the scammers run you off of dating sites, is the worst already! Really, if you learn the signs and take many precautions before you give out personal information, you should be just fine.

The virus you mentioned is a Yahoo worm that's been around for at least a month that I know of. It messes with your computer registry and a few other things and then sends itself out in instant messages to everyone on your chat list. If you've clicked on the link, you need to clean your machine. Go here: http://www.geocities.com/avsharath/Removing_W32_Sohana.B_Worm.htm, but google the name of the link or some of the text in the offending IM first just to make sure that is the same worm that I've seen.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic