SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hi, I'm new! A vlad knows some real info about me.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
russianlover
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone, what a fine site you have here. I'm on a free dating site and I keep being pestered by beautiful russian girls half my age, so I came here and discovered they are all men! I also read this:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-542276/Scamski-city-online-Russian-brides-turn-Mafia-conmen.html

So, a vlad has emailed me at the normal hotmail address I use in various forums. If he googles it he will discover my real first name, my mobile phone number, my street name and suburb and the fact that my bike was stolen.

I would like to bait him...and maybe I could sucker him quite badly because unlike you professional baiters he already has some real info about me and he might trust me totally. You never know, perhaps I could get him to send me some money!

But what can he do with the info he already has? Obviously I don't want him to find out my surname or house number. And I suppose he can get my IP address...how would that help him?

He has a yahoo address so I've been trying to find out his IP address, but when I right click to View Source I get pages of html garbage - is there an IP address in there somewhere? And if there was, what could I do with it?

He has also emailed me 3 photos, so I'll try that clever bit of freeware that you all use.
luckey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

russianlover wrote:
So, a vlad has emailed me at the normal hotmail address I use in various forums. If he googles it he will discover my real first name, my mobile phone number, my street name and suburb and the fact that my bike was stolen.

I would like to bait him...and maybe I could sucker him quite badly because unlike you professional baiters he already has some real info about me and he might trust me totally.

The best advice is to drop him. Vlads are not stupid, and many of them are well connected.

Quote:
You never know, perhaps I could get him to send me some money!

Please don't do that. In spite of what you may have read in some very old baits here, cash baiting is illegal and we don't allow discussion about it.
Please familarize yourself with the forum guidelines.

Quote:
But what can he do with the info he already has? Obviously I don't want him to find out my surname or house number. And I suppose he can get my IP address...how would that help him?

If you've done nothing to him, you have nothing to worry about. Chances are your IP address alone will not tell him much, but it sounds like you've already given him much more than that.

Quote:
He has a yahoo address so I've been trying to find out his IP address, but when I right click to View Source I get pages of html garbage - is there an IP address in there somewhere? And if there was, what could I do with it?

Paste the whole header into the box on this page: http://headertool.apelord.com/
You can't do much with it, but it may tell you approximately where he is.

Welcome aboard! Very Happy

Edit: added link, clarified stuff.

russianlover
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks very much!

Which bit of the reams of HTML I'm looking at is the header?
luckey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Otterfan put together a great guideline for finding headers with various email providers. It's a little old, but most of it applies still:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118787

russianlover
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's handy....and the result is Yoshkar-Ola! What a surprise. There are two gentlemen's names on the Whois page, complete with phone numbers! Do you think these could be the real identities of actual scammers?

Edit: er, no. Just checked it by sending an email from my hotmail address to my gmail one, and I also get two gentlemen's names - but neither of them is me - they both appear to be from Carphone Warehouse! Very Happy
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If scammers set up hosting or anything like that, they'll provide fake details anyway, so whois information won't lead you to your Vlad.

I can't add anything to Luckey's excellent advice, so I'll just endorse it. Make sure you stay safe, get yourself a new email address and bait away. It doesn't matter if you are using fake details to a vlad, you are no more or less believable than when you used your real life details.
Welcome to eater, enjoy!

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
catjan
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

russianlover wrote:

Might I suggest not posting your real info in association with your email address anymore, or vice versa? Anyone, anywhere can use Google and next time it might not be someone as 'innocent' as a vlad.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome russianlover,
Solid advice^^^^, as he knows who you are and you have no idea who he is, better stop all contact with him and block him from your email addy.
Now if you want to bait him, get a fresh one, fake name, fake info, that way you can't be found. Now if you stick with Gmail, Hushmail or Fastmail, your IP# is hidden and he has no clue where to start looking.
Quote:
and maybe I could sucker him quite badly because unlike you professional baiters he already has some real info about me and he might trust me totally.
I disagree there, first we're not professionals although some here are at that level or way better Smile and although we work with fake info, to him it's real so they do trust us enough to have a tattoo or a nice picture taken, travel a few 1000 miles or get into trouble just to please us Smile Read lots here and you'll understand how we can work better without RL info and Safe the same time.
So if you think that this could be a nice hobby, give it a try and find a new lad to play with. We can provide, if needed a mentor and all the knowledge you might wanna use to "sucker" your new friend(s) into a terrible adventure.
Glad you got away unharmed. Little warning though, it's addictive and will consume huge amounts of spare time if you let it Laughing
Have fun, bait SAFE

Last edited by bill2 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't sweat a vlad having your real life info. Just dump 'em and be more careful in the future. They don't have the time, resources, or interest in paying you a visit.

But if there's any way you can clean up what you've already got out there on the net that leads to your real life information, I'd get right on that. If you can, go and delete postings you've made.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
russianlover
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good advice. I've tried to delete the sensitive posting (which was an ad for a flatshare on Gumtree) and although the post has gone you can still see it in Google's cache. Will it ever disappear?
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep gone a a few months and not all lads that Google (<1%) know about cache search, so you're good.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic