SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My new laptop (shes even more beautiful in person)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LINK

Butt long url converted to link - RC

For the lazy bois:

- 4 GB RAM
- Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 2.0 GHz w/3 MB cache
- NVIDIA 9600M GT (512 MB dedicated)
- 320 GB SATA II HDD 5400 RPM
- 17'' inch monitor @ 1440 x 900
- TV Tuner (The hell if I know why)
- Blu-Ray ROM w/ DL DVD/CD +- RW combo drive
- The standards (HD audio, A/G/N wireless, USB, MMC, HDMI, etc)

I'll be dual booting Ubuntu (for personal reasons) and Vista Ultimate (gaming, entertainment, and personal projects) off this thing. I already have a better processor on hand thats compatible with the socket. I configured a better one @ HP's website, but I'm lazy and would rather have my laptop sooner than two or three weeks plus I get military discount at this particular store. I'm practically salivating over this thing. I can not wait for Friday to come.

I'm buying three Blu-Rays; The Incredible Hulk, Ironman, and Don't Mess With the Zohan.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony

Last edited by Ex. on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice specs. Hope you don't have problems with your video card, Nvidia has had issues w/ their mobile cards of late failing.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well as long as I don't overlcock like I did with my last card, I'll be fine. I use modded drivers anyway. I just can't wait to see Devil May Cry 4 on this beast.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does it have a gun rack? Laughing

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Nice big screen on that. Very Happy

I've downsized my Laptop.

The little white one, a Eee PC 901 Linux. It's made by Asus is only 7"x9" and weighs just 1.1 kg. The battery lasts about 6 1/2 hours or more. It's perfect for baiting and because it's got wireless can be used wherever there is a hotspot.

I'm getting rid of the Acer.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yesterday the postie brought me a used Sony Vaio A Series laptop I bought on eBay.

LINKY

Not the newest on the block, but a sixth of its original price, with fresh installs of XP Pro, Word 2007 and Excel 2007. Sprprisingly the battery still holds a decent charge, I expected it to be goosed.

Build quality is excellent, and with built in wifi I can keep an eye on Eater from my armchair at last. Smile

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The New Nvidias should be OK and as Ex says as long as you don't overclock it then it shouldn't melt. Overclocking laptop GPU's is damn silly anyway as the heat gets far too high.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks nice. I am jealous Sad

My work lap top has another year to go on the lease before I get a new one.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice PC, Ex. Smile Now we'll all know where you disappeared to soon...
installing Linux, tuning, and playing games for hours at a time. Have fun! Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you thought about undervolting to lower overall temps? I did and my Gateway runs about 10-20C cooler.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My latest laptop is a Fujitsu Core 2 dual. Its specs are about the same but it does not have play hd movies, but it was much cheaper. I like it because it was MIJ* instead of MIC. I've been considering springing for a PS3.

*Made in Japan.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I GOT IT!!!! As I am typing now, I am using my laptop. I also bought a wireless Xbox 360 controller and a laptop cooler. If I don't kill any websites for a few days, you'll know why.

EDIT: To all my special techie fellow Eater members, I'll post some framerate stats. Keep in mind, this is a 64-bit OS.

Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use an Apple Touch to do baiting at hotspots sometimes. (The Touch is an iphone minus the phone)

Great little to even sit and read the forums too.

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Finished removing the bloatware and did all necessary updates. Now for some stats:

Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare
1440 x 900
4x AA
All textures, lighting, shadows, and details max.
17-39 FPS (Varies with scenery and current actions in the game)

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
1440 x 900
All settings maxed
22-45 FPS

And heres a wonderful screenie:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/ex_bond/graw22008-10-0314-55-22-19.jpg?t=1223066587

More details when I get them.

Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^You're getting some nice FPS rates on COD4 if everything is on max. Any chance of getting some Crysis framerates (although to be fair, Crysis chokes most crossfired systems too).

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes Crysis will be installed after World of Warcraft. I will definitely see how far I can push that envelope. As far as COD, I have elected to take off the AA in single player, and no AA and reduce particles in multiplayer for the most consistent framerate.

EDIT: The 9600M GT has 512MB dedicated memory, and with the Turbocache in NVIDIA's GPUs, theoretically at 4 GB of system RAM, up to 2249 MB of RAM is used for video processing, although shared RAM is slower.

Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be interesting to see how if performs under XP, I know you'd have to revert to DX9 but there may be a speed increase.

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd probably do that as a project with my spare HDD someday. Wow is almost done installing...... Twisted Evil

full auto
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That thing looks like a beast! Should be good for getting all kinds of work done. Wink Now here's my question about it, is it still a virgin or did you bloody the thing up with a site kill yet? Laughing
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SCREENIES:

Crysis (12-32 FPS - Depends on scenery, low framerate but very playable)
1280 x 800 (DX9 Mode) (Refer to the screenie for the rest of the settings)

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/ex_bond/screenies/crysis642008-10-0322-17-38-58.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/ex_bond/screenies/crysis642008-10-0322-27-56-21.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/ex_bond/screenies/crysis642008-10-0322-28-13-08.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/ex_bond/screenies/crysis642008-10-0322-28-49-71.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/ex_bond/screenies/crysis642008-10-0322-28-49-94.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/ex_bond/screenies/crysis642008-10-0322-28-50-20.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/ex_bond/screenies/crysis642008-10-0322-34-39-54.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/ex_bond/screenies/crysis642008-10-0322-34-40-12.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/ex_bond/screenies/crysis642008-10-0322-34-40-99.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/ex_bond/screenies/crysis642008-10-0322-37-45-94.jpg

And COD4:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/ex_bond/screenies/iw3sp2008-10-0317-25-12-49.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/ex_bond/screenies/iw3sp2008-10-0317-25-22-46.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/ex_bond/screenies/iw3sp2008-10-0317-29-31-01.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/ex_bond/screenies/iw3sp2008-10-0317-43-53-40.jpg

EDIT: I made a rookie mistake and forgot to change my power settings from balanced to high power. Now that my PC is operating at full compacity, I gained 3-5 more FPS. I was able to tone Crysis up a bit and tack on 2x AA in COD4.

OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That video card makes those shots look reeeeeeeeal nice! Mr. Green

How are the temps? Does it feel like a mini nuclear reactor?

Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have an external laptop fan so I'd have to run a tempurature experiment to see how much its working for me. Today I loaded:

Guitar Hero 3 - 60 FPS Max everything
World of Warcraft - 60 FPS Max everything
Assassin's Creed (Crysis's Little Brother) - 1440 x 900 Max everything No AA DX9 Mode - 14-32 FPS!!!!! (Slows when viewing a lot of scenery)
Gears of War - 1440 x 900 DX 10 Mode everything maxed - 13-34 FPS (Slows in outdoor scenes and lags a little when turning around)
Bioshock - Everything MAXed - 23-33 FPS

I have Devil May Cry, The Witcher, FEAR, and a couple others I have to install.

Izhmash
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow. Those specifications look excellent.

My laptop is currently at a service center in Kentucky (I have had it for around 2.5 years.), as the screen started falling apart at the hinges. I had one of those extended Best Buy warranties (3 years), so I have put it to good use (if the thing broke any later, I would be screwed.). They will either fix it or replace it free of charge. I just would like to get it back now (I will have to wait for at least several weeks.), as I have limited internet access without a computer of my own.

I just need to get the thing back now and have some more free time so I can perhaps go after mugus. But regardless, it is good to know that you are having fun with your new computer. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic