SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Aaaarrrrrrrrrgggg .... computer rant

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
margory
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ordered a new laptop computer via work, which was delivered this week ... happy crowd

^^^ and that would be the good part ...

I know ... I'm not such a computer wizard as some of the members here ... so yesterday I started it up for the first time: which took for ages with installing everything and so on.

Today I wanted to start it up again and the "bloody thing" asked for the 'product key'.
OK ... good ... just fine (ggrrrrrrrrrrrrr): I'm locating the product key on the bottom of the machine (25 letters & numbers) and I type it in ...
And thats when things go wrong: As soon as I push the enter button my computer says: wrong number, please try again or purchase new product key
So I first go: Confused Confused Confused
And then I go:
Ahhhhh

Anyhow ... I'm going back in the office tomorrow, taking my brand new laptop with me.
And I'll tell the guys at work that they'd better help me out ... (or else ...)

I'm sure that they'll look at the ceilin thinking: what the **$& Question
But I really wanted to get organised and install my outlook, MNS and so on ....

===========

Don't mind me ... Just had to rant a bit .... I guess that's just part of being part of the female part of this world's population.
Sometimes I feel like I want to kick and screem and hit the wall with my fists (or something like that).
Just too bad I can't do that without getting complaints or remarks from the neighbours.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice, eh. Billy keeps getting to you even if you play by the book. (they might have done a fast install and used a general key to do so, now your key isn't in the list of approved ones so Billy won't work.) Let work figure it out and if they can't fix it, ask for another one.
Don't you love computers Laughing

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's when I call support number and tell them that the product key doesn't work. Smile

At least you got your notebook delivered, my order was freakin stolen from my door step. boxer I feel like murdering the right across from my apartment unit. But I have no proof... oh well. Time to file a lost order with Fry's. I hate thieves!!!

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I bought 2 laptops (not at the same time) from the franchise outlet just round the corner from me.... it's invaluable to be able to just go round the corner and shout at them if anything is awry! Smile
I hate having to travel and/or package and send stuff like this when it goes wrong. Or deal with "Help" lines. Evil or Very Mad

Still, an incorrect product key should be simple to sort out Marjory. I hope it's resolved soon.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
LadAssassin
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Best computer advice I was ever given was www.apple.com

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ that's what I was thinking. I ran the first Windows (MS-DOS too) back in the early 90s, and I'm done with M$. All the keys and authentication is too over the top. Conventional consumers are stuck and the guys who steal just laugh with their cracked product keys. iTunes figured it out with Mp3, when will M$ figure it out with their OS?

My next computer is going to be a Mac.
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To each man his own. Although I must say, the OEM is to blame for product keys and stuff, not Microsoft. You r best bet is to activate by phone and tell the operator you are using the one on the bottom of your PC and that you aren't using it on any other PC.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

that's one thing I like about Dell PC's : put any Dell Vista CD in the drive and it will install on any Dell PC with a 'Vista ready' or 'windows Vista' logo on it without ever asking for keys.

@Mugatu: In case of hardware failure they're on my doorstep next business day, I've had them around several times now (because I've had (and have) several Dells). They fix things on the spot, that's worth something too.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
margory
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh well ... I took my laptop to work and sweet-talked one of the 'guys' to take a look at it.
Turned out it was a really small thing and I made sure to thank everybody big time for their help ... Smile Smile Smile

I might be working with a computer every day, but even I am never too old to learn ... Laughing Laughing Laughing

M.
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had that message on a few PCs myself. Turns out, I typed the product key wrong in the box. Embarassed Why is the key so long, small, and in that awful "PC font" they are so proud of? You have to wear magnifying glasses to read the darn thing right, as well. Mad

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate that start up procedure for Vista. It is simply ridiculous. There should also be a screen to tell it never show that window again for all the popups that are not important. I was on my daughter's computer and came across the need for a windoze product key and could not be bothered to go looking for it behind the minitower. Pulling out the computer would have required pulling from the computer desk and removing the boatload of connectors. I hit the "go look for it yourself" box and it did. Really.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know I'm being mean, but when I read your post the first thing I thought of was "Western Union Secure Money Transfer." Very Happy

Now you know how the lads feel when they spend hours entering all the data, only to get a code that either doesn't work or flashes up on the screen for an eighth of a second.

Glad to hear that you've got it all worked out.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic