SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lazy lotto lad - should the company be warned?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mcstability
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, i discovered this site through a scambaiting thread on another site (barryboys.co.uk - you have to register to see the baiting thread but there's a hilarious form somebody got!), and was drawn to register by the now infamous "golden pith helmet" mega-safari.

Anyway i attempted baiting, but went in too strong, so have registered a new email addy and am 'straight baiting' for now... first, there was the worst lotto scam email ever:

Quote:
Contact this Email:[email protected]:for the claims of £500,000.00pounds,

I went in with a straight reply:

Quote:
Hello Scott, please tell me how i may claim my money
-M4rtin Kn1ght

Then he comes back with an obvious and quite well-done script. Albiet this horrible colour

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

<<cheesy animated gif of union jack>>

<<out of date national lottery logo>>

UK NATIONAL LOTTERY HEADQUARTERS:
P O Box 1010 The Marina Offices, St Peters Yacht Basin
(Customer Services)
================================
Winning Parameters
TICKET NO: 8603775966738
REF NO: UK 200-26937
BATCH NO: 2007MJL-01
================================
Congratulations To You.M4rtin Kn1ght

This is office of Mrs.Anna Marthin the Online Co-dinator of UK NATIONAL LOTTERY.i have just recived your winning parameters from Mr.Sc0tt Campb3ll our fiduciary agent this means that you are one of the three lucky winner.you already know your email address was randomly selected along with three lucky from over Each email address was attached to a ticket number. Your email address(XXXXX) was selected.

A certificate of prize claims and some vital documents will be sent along side your winnings cheque.The documents to be sent are;

1.WINNING CERTIFICATE FROM UK NATIONAL LOTTERY SWEEPSTAKE PROMOTIONS;
2.WINNERS CHEQUE;
3.CLEAR SOURCE OF FUNDS CERTIFICATES(C.S.F.C.);
4.ANTI-TERRORISM CERTIFICATES(A.T.C);
5.CERTIFICATES OF ORIGIN OF FUNDS(C.O.F.).

Your winning cheque shall be couriered to you by our affiliate courier agency who is solely responsible for the delivery of your winning cheque. Be confident in our remittance method as the courier agency will effectively deliver your all this vatadument to you immdiately with a comprehensive insurance cover that has been undertaken to guarantee the safe delivery of your winning cheque to your address within a record time.
Find below the contact information of the courier agency:You are to contact the email Below
===================================
Handling Agent:Mr.Cl1tton And3rson (oh there's fun to be had here!)
Fastway Courier Delivery Service
Head Office & 23 Rufford Court, Hardwick Grange
Woolston, Warrington WAI 4RF, United Kingdom
Tell: XXXX
XXXX
Email:[email protected]
Web: www.fastwaycouriers.co.uk (Looks like a real company, should they be warned that thier name is being used in a scam? i'm not very confident with such things, is there some memeber of the boards thats used to it?)===================================
FULL NAMES OF BENEFICIARY:................................
RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS
PHONE/FAX NUMBERS:...........................................
Age...................................
SEX:..............................................
NATIONALITY.............................

This is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds. Its is imperative that you add your IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS{CPEL/OWN/9876}as the subject of any correspondence with the courier company to ensure they respond in a timely manner.Do also send this along side with your detaills to the courier company to enable them identify you as one of the three lucky winner.IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS{CPEL/OWN/9876}

For immediate delivery of your winning cheque to you by the courier agency,This office is requesting an adequate update from you on the proceedings between you and the courier agency.If you need any assistance whatsoever, please do not hesitate to let me know.And i do hope you will consider me for a little bonus after you have recieved your winnings.Do contact them For immediate delivery of your winning cheque to you by the courier agency.Do note fill me by email when you have fanally receive all the document from the courier.Do find below the signatory that was sign in your cheque.

Congratulations!!
Sincerely,
<<pixellated gif of signature that could be anybodys>>
Mrs.4nna M4rthin
The Online Co-dinator.
Uk National Lottery Promotion.

For security reasons, we advice the three lucky winner to keep this information confidential from the public until your claimis processed and your prize released to you.
This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted taking advantage of this of
this programme by non-participant or unofficial personnel.

Congratulations, once more from the entire Management and Staff of UKNATIONAL LOTTERY Cooperation to three lucky winners this year. Thank you for being part of this promotional lottery programme.

Anyway, i'm off to reply. However i think i might get my identification numbers wrong, which would be a shame Laughing

Judging by this guy's first email he'll be an entertaining one to get off script
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a genuine company. You could contact them, the most they'll do is maybe put a message on their website....

It's a franchise company and therefore has no central security dept etc.
I can contact them and dig around a bit if you like.

EDIT: I've got a central number to contact... if you could post up the headers of the email, that would help.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
mcstability
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm, is it possible to see headers on google mail? all i can see is things like the from address when i click "show details"

Oh no, wait, got 'em...

Delivered-To: XXXXX
Received: by 10.180.223.17 with SMTP id v17cs205233bkg;
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:03:18 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.142.47.13 with SMTP id u13mr2936619wfu.170.1222794195310;
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from bay0-omc3-s16.bay0.hotmail.com (bay0-omc3-s16.bay0.hotmail.com [65.54.246.216])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 6si2004836yxg.6.2008.09.30.10.03.14;
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.54.246.216 as permitted sender) client-ip=65.54.246.216;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.54.246.216 as permitted sender) [email protected]
Received: from BAY107-W22 ([64.4.51.122]) by bay0-omc3-s16.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:03:14 -0700
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_b13abb2a-7620-4e2d-b6d7-6756db543520_"
X-Originating-IP: [78.138.0.102]
To: <XXXXX>
Subject: CONTACT PAYMENT OFFICE IMMDIATELY{Martin Knight}
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:03:13 +0100
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 30 Sep 2008 17:03:14.0463 (UTC) FILETIME=[6D301AF0:01C9231E]

--_b13abb2a-7620-4e2d-b6d7-6756db543520_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Last edited by mcstability on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, a Lagos lad eh? I'll give the company a bell if you like.

PS: Probably only your baiting address, but I'd edit it out of the header if I were you, it'll show up on a google search.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
mcstability
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah i'm no good at talking to companies on the phone even when it's something they expect me to talk about, i could see myself getting into a cpmplete mess trying to explain 419's and baiting...

In lighter news, i appear to have mistyped a few things on my reply, oh dear... Laughing

Quote:

Dear Mr Cl1t 4nd3rson

I recieived an email from Mrs 4nna M4rth1n telling me to contact your courier company for ifnormation on how to collect my £500,000 (six hundred unitedkingdom pounds). Here are my winning preameters:

TICKET NO: 960419566678
REF NO: UK 300-26037
BATCH NO: 2008MKL-01

And here are the questions she asked me to fill in:

FULL NAMES OF BENEFICIARY: Martin Kingt
PHONE/FAX NUMBERS: none
Age 29:
SEX: Male
NATIONALIT: British

And here are my identification numbers:

{COEL/PWN/9776}

Please write back soon, i run a small historical re-enactment society and he money will really help us out. We lost quite a lot in a busines deal with an overseas solisitor which fell through at the last minute.

Yours, M4rtin Kn1ght
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've spoken with the courier company, and they are aware that scammers use their service to add credence to the scams. They get phone enquiries on a regular basis from potential victims.
To be honest, they're not that concerned about it, the Manager's view is pretty much that if people believe they have won a lottery they never entered which is conducted by email, then that's not their problem.

Enjoy your bait! Smile

mcstability
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well to be honest the first message i recieved wouldn't lure in even the most desperate/gullible of people, if they even got it at all (the junk folder of the hotmail account i have been using for almost 10 years and signing all sorts of guestbooks/forums/sites with is where i get my letters from), so i suppose there's no danger of that.

The "courier firm" got back to me, they want at least £550 to transport some bits of paper. Naturally though i will choose the most expensive delivery option- i want my 'prize' as soon as possible!

Quote:
<<random clipart of vans and lorries goes here>>
F4stway C0urier LTD.

ATTENTION:M4rtin Kn1ght

Thanks for contacting F4st w4y Courier Services. This office has been Notified by the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY PROMOTION of the amount won by your email with their National Promotion in the amount of £500,000 (Five Hundred Thousand British Pounds) This means that you have been officially cleared for payment by the Verifications Dept. at the headquarters of the UNITED KINGDOM NATIONAL LOTTERY PROMOTION.

You are to please confirm your alternative mailing address and telling phone Laughing number to enable us dispatch your parcel immediately. Note that the parcel will not be delivered to P.O.Box address or street corners but to your residence address.

With regards to this, you are required to select the most convenient of the three options below for a smooth delivery of your package to you:
F4ST W4Y DELIVERY OPTIONS.

FIRST CLASS DELIVERY
Max Delivery Duration..............................................24Hrs
Mailing /freight cost ................................................£115.00
Handling Fee...........................................................£100.00
Fuel Surcharge ........................................................£190.00
Insurance...............................................................£220.00
Vat(5%).................................................................£120.00
TOTAL.....................................................................£750.00 Seven Hundred And Fifty Great British Pounds.

SECOND CLASS DELIVERY
Max Delivery Duration..............................................48hrs
Mailing /freight cost.................................................£140.00
Handling Fee............................................................£125.00
Fuel surcharge..........................................................£90.00
Insurance.................................................................£115.00
Vat(5%)...................................................................£190.00
TOTAL ......................................................................£660.00 Six Hundred And sixsty Great British Pounds.

THIRD CLASS DELIVERY
Max Delivery Duration................................................72hrs
Mailing/freight cost....................................................£95.00
Handling Fee..............................................................£120.00
Fuel surcharge ...........................................................£100.00
Insurance...................................................................£150.00
Vat (5%)....................................................................£80.00
TOTAL ........................................................................£550.00 Five Hundred And Fifty Great British Pounds.

Respond to this email by making a selection from the three options above.Also send to us a scanned copy of either your driver's license or any form of legal identification.Finally, be reminded that the deadline for the claiming of package is exactly one week after the receipt of this email . After this period, your package will be returned back to the office of U.K International Online Promotion Lottery.You are to get back to us so that we can advice you on how to make the required payments.As soon as you make the payment your parcel will be dispatch by our two delivery agents to your sterpulated adress which you have provided. NOTE: We cannot deduct delivery charges from winnings because it has been insurred to its full value of amount and issued as a cheque in your favour. Also, we do not accept Cash On Delivery (C.O.D) as it is strictly against the policy of this Courier Firm as laid down by the Management of this Courier Agency.Do also keep this {CPEL/OWN/9876} (that's not the ID number i typed! how did they know the real one? Rolling Eyes ) confidential from the public.

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation as we shall remain ablige to be off service to you.

F4STW4Y COURIER DELIVERY SERVICES

<<generic picture of a "boss" in his office signing some paper, which looks at least 10 years out of date, goes here>>

Mr.Cl1tton And3rson
Customer Service Officer
Customer Information and Enquiry Department
F4st W4y Couriers Uk
Tell: XXXXXXX

F4ST W4Y COURIER SERVICES

Domestic roadfreight service
International Courie

And my reply, oh dear, i keep slipping with the keyboard...

Quote:
Dear Cl1t And\ars0n
Thank you for your quick email reply to me with the delibery ifnormation relating to the UNITED KINGDOM LOTTERY NATIONAL winning refrence {COEL/PWN/9776} . I wood like to recievify my prizes as soon as possible so please do send them by 48 hour first clarse devilry. I enclose a scan of my driving licence witch contains the releventated ifnormation.

Yours, M4rtin Knick
<<attachment01.jpg>> (hopefully he won't suss there's nothing attached at all just yet)

EDIT: I looked back in my older scambaiting account from which i sent many failed scams, and i got the "winning" email there too! fancy, three winners in the country and two of them are me!

EDITING: Don't wanna double post. The 'couriers' got back to me, three times! twice using my wrong name and once using my right name.

Quote:

(blah blah)

ATTENTION:M4rtin Kn1ck,

Your e-mail has gotten to this office Wednesday 1St October,2008 and We want you to know that there will be know delay delivering your package to you. We have started processing your request.You are expected to make the payment for the option you have choosen which is the:

FIRST CLASS DELIVERY OPTION.
Delivery within 24hours:

Amounting £750.00 GBP Equiverlent To (USD 1,500) via Westerm Unionto our Account Officer:
(not a sucessful lad, then)

NAME: Mrs.Gl0ria M00re.
ADDRESS: XXXXX

After which you are to send all the payment details (which should include MTCN number, amount paid and city paid from and the name of the payer) to this email address for your payment confirmation.Also do send a scan copy of the receipt of the payment along with the payment details.

Also do endavour to send the below information too for confirmation:
1) Name of sender:
2) Address of sender:
3) Amount sent:
4) Country from which payment was made:
5)MTCN (Money Transfer Code Number)

We request you to provide to us with your House address Detail With Information Needed Below.

DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO SEND YOUR PAYMENT THROUGH THE Westerm Union
** Visit a nearby Money Gramm Agent in your location.
** Complete the "To Send Money" form.
** Give the Agent the amount you want to send and any required identification and they will then help you to send the payment.
** Collect Receipt from Agent which will include your ""Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)"" which is needed here to confirm your payment.

Note: that your prize is protected by a hardcover insurance policy, which makes it impossible to deduct any amount from the money before it has been remitted to you. This means that the above charges cannot be deducted from the prize and hence must be provided by you before your prize is delivered to you.kindly note that it is very important we received this fee within the next 24hours beacuse your parcel has been sign out for delivery to your stipulated address which you have provided to this office.

I await your urgent reply along with the payment details to aviod any delay in the delivery of your winning package to you.

On receipt of these, Your winnings will be delivered to your house address without any delay, as it will TAKE 24Hrs to get to your country/resident. I will await Your response soonest.
We are glad to be of service to you.

I've been letting this guy coast through his script so far, it's time to start going uphill, i think!

Quote:

Hello again Clitty

I'm afraid i'm not sure what a "Westerm Union" is, is it like Paypal? Also who is Gl0ria M00re? i thought i would be paying the conpany account? I don't think i have ever seen a Money Gramm office either.
Pleace get back to me soon with asnwers to my queations as i really want to collect my winnings. They will really help out my historiological re-enactment society. Tomorrow we are off to Bristol to do a re-enactment of a Roman invasion fleet attacking a Celtic castle. You ought to come along and watch but i suppose you'll be busy working. There might be a Money Gramm office in Brsitol, i could have a look for one there if you want?

Yours, Mr4tin Kn1ght.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic