SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

There comes a time when it has to end (2000 miles ridden)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Corona, I should sleep well tonight, getting an early night fairly soon, I'm cream crackered.

I did a bit further for my first session on the exercise bike in the afternoon, 20 miles at 18mph - 19mph (mostly around 19mph), I took a rest after that, had a chicken sandwich, 3 small bananas and some fig rolls, fuelling myself up for what was going to be a 40+ mile ride out, no rain was forecast, but the sky suddenly blackened, it looked like it was raining out at sea and coming this way, so I didn't bother going out.

Should have gone out because it didn't rain in the end, the sky cleared up at about 1/2 an hour later at tea time. I had a nice plate of pasta and tuna for tea, relaxed for a while to let that go down and then did a couple of 15 mile sessions at a good pace to make up for missing my ride, doth done at 19mph - 20mph, my thighs were burning badly, finished the last 15 mile session at 8:35pm, had a break until 9:10pm and did another 10 miles at 20mph - 21mph, that one really hurt, had another short rest afterwards and then went out for my night ride, 74 miles for the day in total, my best yet, shame more of them wern't done outside, but a mile is a mile and it did me good, log for tonight.

Sep 25th (sessions on exercise bike)

20.05 miles (time 01:04:29)
15.05 miles (time 00:46:06)
15.09 miles (time 00:46:18]
10.12 miles (time 00:29:32)

Sep 25th (on mountain bike)

Top speed 24.7 mph (cycle path hill)
Avg speed = 14.7 mph
Distance = 14.66 miles
Time 59:45:4

Pulse before ride = 88 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 106 bpm's 11:25pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 90 bpm's 11:35pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 86 bpm's 11:45pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 84 bpm's 12:25am

Miles on mountain bike = 2101.98
Miles on exercise bike = 508.40

Total miles ridden = 2610.38

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SP, slightly off-topic ...
MGK´s modeling agency is currently trying to get some lad bike shots. I was asked about what bike shots our customers would want and replied as seen below. Any good hints from you? What convinced you to get the bike you have? Wink
Quote:
Dear LAD,
The photographs we need to send to our customer would best be done outside.

What camera are you going to use?

The three samples would to have to be done with at least 2 megapixels.

Natural daylight is the best. You can also use electric light but we are sure a sporty model would be a proud standing person, looking confident to the lens in one shot and thoughtful towards the horizon, with one hand above the eyebrows to cast some shadow over the eyes.

A map or drinking bottle, or a rucksack, might be interesting gadgets.

Whether they to be taken in the field, in the city, this is up to you.

If you choose to take one of the three poses in the city, please do take care of nobody distracting from your model and the bike.

It´s the spirit we need. Photography is a work of art. I´m sure you understand what I mean.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Frumpy, I got my bike mostly for health reasons. How about trying to get some photos/video from the lad of them doing some jumps over ramps made from big mounds of earth, and get them to make some saddles out of stone and ride on those, like these on the Sheldon Brown website which he wrote for a laugh Laughing, I'm sure they could carve some of those to glue to their bike Very Happy :

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/real-man.html

I took it a bit easier today after yesterdays pretty high mileage, it was fairly windy, so I gave the outside rides a miss, but if the weather forecast is to be believed, the next 3 days gives us loads of glorious sunshine and winds right down to around 6mph, ideal opportunity to get some longer rides in on the road, with a little session indoors in the evening.

I did two 15 miles sessions on the exercise bike this evening, first 15 miles at a lower resistance at 18mph - 19mph, second 15 miles at 19mph - 20mph at a higher resistance, compared to yesterday, I felt really tired on the second one, more than likely due to not eating much today, all I have had to eat is 3 slices of toast, 2 small bananas and 4 small cherry tomato's, reason for that was, I weighed 11 stone 13 (167LBS) this morning and didn't want to eat much as I knew I wasn't doing much riding today, roll on the weekend, log for tonight:

Sep 26th (sessions on exercise bike)

15.04 miles (time 00:48:33)
15.06 miles (time 00:46:19)

Miles on mountain bike = 2101.98
Miles on exercise bike = 538.50

Total miles ridden = 2640.48

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I went and rode the Cuckoo Trail again today, I felt drained riding through Stone Cross, there are some hills around that area, and I couldn't make it up one of them as far as I normally do, I had to stop and rest for a minute, my legs literally felt like lead, I was ok once I got to the trail and fairly flew along it to the end.

I rode half way back down the trail, then sat down for a rest, had a drink, a couple of bananas and nearly a whole bag of jelly babies, I only had about 2 mouthfuls of drink left after that, and still about 20 miles to get home, I was planning to buy a few bottles of water from the Spar shop near the trail entrance, but it was closed, and there were no other shops open on my route back, I started to flounder without enough water, I stopped at Pevensey Castle, had about 6 fig rolls and the last couple of mouthfulls of drink, they seemed to give me a bit of a boost and I was ok after that.

According to the signpost at the Cuckoo Trail, it's 13 miles each way, any websites about it also say it's 13 miles or so, but my bike computer tells me I did 11 miles from one end to the other, when I first set my computer up, it didn't have a wheel size setting for my 2.30 tyres, so I had to set it to something like 2.25, so is it a case that I have actually ridden a lot further over the last 6 months, as in, for every 11 miles I ride, I have actually ridden 13 miles? I weighed 11 stone 10 (164LBS) after the ride, wind is down to 1mph tonight and foggy, might do my night ride later, I'll see how I feel, log for today:

Sep 27th (on mountain bike)

Top speed 24.2 mph (Hill at Stone Cross)
Avg speed = 13.5 mph
Distance = 53.88 miles
Time 03:58:21

Pulse before ride = 66 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 108 bpm's 7:45pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 94 bpm's 7:55pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 82 bpm's 8:05pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 80 bpm's 8:45pm

Miles on mountain bike = 2155.86

Total miles ridden = 2694.36

Just Jane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SP, I've been wanting to post something to your thread for a while. Your thread got me up off my butt to buy a bicycle. I've been wanting one for years so in June I finally bought one. Granted, I'm simply using it for my commute to work, but I can say that in three months I've only used my car for work maybe a half dozen times and all for bad weather. People in my office think I'm nuts, but I do get a bit of a smug feeling as I'm whizzing past the cars caught in traffic and the cars filling up at the two gas stations I pass every day. I am thoroughly surprised how I look forward to my commute back and forth. It's definitely a stress-buster!

Well thanks again for the giving me the push I needed. I enjoy reading your posts.

Mortar x 18 Closed lad accounts x 64 United Kingdom Malaysia Senegal Liberian Flag United States China Nigeria Spain South Africa Togo Benin Ghana United Arab Emirates Germany cameroon pony Mc Fry Easter Egg
Winner of the Summer Challenge Prize August 2008
Pith Helmet - St4nley's Xmax Adventure - I am suppose to be your Lover and not your house lad. - St4nley
Golden Pith Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Cotonou to Lome x2, Cotonou/Lagos/Abuja/Yankari, Cotonou/Parakou, Lagos/Maiduguri, Lagos/Douala, Dakar/Gambia/Keyes - Hector w/ team Hectard
Safari Barack Obama Scammed - Benin-Lagos-Maiduguri 'Oh Shit' - Hon. M4rtins
Safari Cotonou/Lome - D Brown
Sand Timer Hector Sand Timer Dr David O
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Just Jane, well done on getting a new bike (and using it), think of all the money you are saving on the petrol you aren't buying, it will probably pay for the bike.

Just about to go out for my night ride, hmmm, back tyre seems a fair bit flatter than it was earlier on, down to about 40psi, pumped it back up to 60psi, and I can hear a low hisssss, checked the tyre and I can see a small slice in the tread, when I put my thumb nail in it, the air is pouring out even more Evil or Very Mad

Because I was late getting back from my daytime ride, it had got almost dark by the time I reached Bexhill, I couldn't use the road with no lights on the bike, so I had to use the shingle beach track for the last couple of miles, I reckon a bit of sharp seashell has gone in to the tread.

Oh well, I have been waiting for an excuse to fit my Continental Travel Contact tyre to the back wheel, the one that came delivered with a hole already in the tread from new Mad, I'll have to plug that hole by cutting a bit of rubber from one of the knobbles on my knobbly front tyre, and superglue it in place to fill the hole, then stick some more super glue in the current back tyre to seal the slice in the tread and stick that one on the front wheel, this should be fun and games trying to swap tyres and tubes, really can't be bothered to do it at the moment, I'll try it tomorrow, there is not a drop of wind outside either, proper annoyed Evil or Very Mad

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tough luck SP. I know the feeling. I went out today with a group of riders for the first time in a while as I've been traveling to see the kids. I passed a patch of glass at mile 47 of 53. I noticed the tire was soft at mile 50, so I gave it a shot of CO2, rode two miles and then another shot to get me the last mile to my car. The guys I ride with say that it must be a problem with the tire or wheel. I've inspected the tire by turning it inside out and the wheel has all its tape on it and no broken spokes. I don't use any tools when installing the tube and have always been able to track down the puncture wound. I am beginning to wonder if one of my lads put the juju hex on me.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Connie, have you thought about using a kevlar tyre liner to go between the tube and the tyre, they don't add much in the way of weight either. failing that, get a lad to do some good juju for you Laughing

I didn't do any riding during the day, my legs and lungs were killing me after yesterday, it was also my other halfs birthday today, and I don't think she would have been overjoyed had I went out riding, but you know how it it, tell them you really wanted to go out today, but as it's their birthday, you will give up your ride and spend time with them instead Wink

I did manage to squeeze in some time to do my puncture repair and tyre changes, though, it was a lot easier than I expected, and the only tool I needed was a desert spoon handle to get the last bit of tyre over the rim, it took about 25 minutes to take the rear wheel off, remove the tyre and tube, put the new tube and new Continental Travel Contact tyre on, but then I had to take it off again as I had forgot about the direction of the tyre, and I had it facing backwards Embarassed.

The front tyre change was a doddle, only took 10 minutes, I decided to put a new tube in to be on the safe side, and the Continental Double Fighter II tyre from the back is now on the front, I superglued up the hole and split in the 2 tyres, that worked out well, although the Double Fighers have done me pretty well, they are just a little bit soft and fragile, so I might have to invest in another Travel Contact tyre for the front wheel to make it a bit more puncture proof.

I took the bike for a spin tonight, it's so much quieter without the buzz from the knobbly front tyre I had on there, I can't say I noticed much difference speed wise, thought it would have been a fair bit quicker with the tyre changes, then again, it's a funny wind out there tonight, it seemed to be against me going there and back, anyway, log for tonight:

Sep 28th (on mountain bike)

Top speed 26.5 mph (cycle path hill)
Avg speed = 15.0 mph
Distance = 15.18 miles
Time 01:00:33

Pulse before ride = 62 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 90 bpm's 11:28pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 76 bpm's 11:38pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 74 bpm's 11:48pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 72 bpm's 12:28am

Miles on mountain bike = 2171.04

Total miles ridden = 2709.54

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, I've ordered two Panaracer tire liners. Its the only kevlar liner but can only be used once as the backing is peel and stick. I've used them before with good results in the past. I've heard that Spinskins work well too. I've got kevlar belted tires on a woman's street cruiser and never had a problem with them. I'm registered for a ride in two weeks and will be the only rider there on a 25 year old steel woman's frame bike because that's what I plan to ride. The last two years I've crashed on this ride and am tired of replacing very expensive equipment. I am thinking about going completely stealth by riding in cut off jeans over my padded riding shorts, a tee shirt, basket in front and tennis shoes. I have no problem maintaining a position in a peloton with this setup. The basket is illegal as it actually helps aerodynamics and looks completely ridiculous but is actually very useful. I can put in everything I need into the basket instead of trying to cram stuff into the pockets behind my jersey. When I try to pass riders on hot bikes with this bike last ridden by the wicked witch of the north in Wizard of Oz, they get really pissed. Three weeks ago I put in a plastic tire liner on the rear wheel of my carbon fiber road bike and had a flat on that ride. I could only roll up the liner and put it in my jersey pocket because it takes so long to put it in.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ SP - mewing_ghecko´s got the first bike pics from a laddette Very Happy

Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Connie, I love the description of your cycling outfit, and the basket on the front Laughing

I might not be able to get out much for the next couple of days, winds in excess of 30mph are forecast, along with rain, it's proper dreary looking down here, at least I can ride indoors Smile.

I took a ride over to Bexhill earlier on to take a few photos at sunset, I didn't bother taking my pulse for that ride as I was stopping a lot to take pictures. I went along the shingle beach track to test the tyres out on it, the tyre change isn't very good for going along there mow, I came off once when the front wheel sank in to the pebbles, and nearly lost it a couple of other times with the wheel sliding away from me, I managed to stay on those times and keep going.

I went out for my usual night ride, the wind is getting right up now, pretty bad headwind tonight, I struggled to keep the pace up to about 13mph -14mph at times, legs were burning, I know I'm definitely fitter now compared to what I was, but a lot of the time I don't feel fitter, if that makes sense? Log for tonight:

Sep 29th (on mountain bike)

Top speed 27.8 mph (cycle path hill)
Avg speed = 13.0 mph
Distance = 11.26 miles
Time 51:38:8

Didn't bother with pulses after slow ride to Bexhill for photos

-----------------------------

Sep 29th (on mountain bike - 2nd ride of the day)

Top speed 28.1 mph (cycle path hill)
Avg speed = 14.6 mph
Distance = 14.66 miles
Time 01:00:10

Pulse before ride = 68 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 100 bpm's 11:07pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 74 bpm's 11:17pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 74 bpm's 11:27pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 70 bpm's 12:07am

Miles on mountain bike = 2196.96

Total miles ridden = 2735.46

Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I know I'm definitely fitter now compared to what I was, but a lot of the time I don't feel fitter, if that makes sense?

That could be an early symptom of overtraining. Another symptom is unusual clumsiness, stubbing your toes or bumping into things without the help of alcoholic stimulants... Smile

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ WBH, funny guy Rolling Eyes Laughing

I decided to have a rest day today, it is windy as hell anyway, and give the indoor bike a day off as well. September was a pretty good month, I got quite a lot of miles in on the new exercise bike, that has been a godsend, and with the winter weather approaching, I will no doubt be on it a fair bit, I would have liked to have got a few more miles in on the road, but such is life, just over 800 miles for the month isn't too bad at all, I should hopefully clear 1000 miles in October if all goes well.

Miles per month I have ridden since the start:

February = 34.69 miles
March = 197.93 miles
April = 286.61 miles
May = 343.63 miles
June = 279.84 miles (missed riding for about half of this month)
July = 600.76 miles
Aug = 184.92 miles (many days missed with bad weather, broken spoke and injured ankle/knee)
Sep = exercise bike = 538.50 - mountain bike = 268.50 - Total = 807.00 miles

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

clapping clapping clapping

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I decided to take 2 complete rest days in the end, because my thighs are still aching more so than usual, even now 3 days after my last ride, there is still some soreness, either I'm trying to do too much and taking longer to get over it, or is it just torn muscle fibres which are repairing themselves and building more muscle?

Another thing I have noticed with my last few rides, when taking my pulse after the ride, say the pulse is 100, ten minutes later it will usually be high 80's or low 90's, but my recent rides have seen it drop down to the 70's ten minutes later, would my recovery times just suddenly start getting better like that, it seems strange that they would? Log for tonight:

Oct 2nd (on mountain bike)

Top speed 26.6 mph (cycle path hill)
Avg speed = 14.8 mph
Distance = 14.74 miles
Time 59:42:8

Pulse before ride = 58 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 100 bpm's 10:58pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 76 bpm's 11:08pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 68 bpm's 11:18pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 64 bpm's 11:58pm

Miles on mountain bike = 2211.70

Total miles ridden = 2750.20

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been a bit off colour for the past week, not sure what it was, felt a bit like a cold with the sniffles etc, but my chest was pretty bad with it, I have not been sleeping much either, feeling totally drained, I didn't even have the energy to go on the exercise bike.

Today was my first time outside since the 2nd, I took a gentle ride along the Pevensey back road, I had a long rest at half as I didn't want to go too mad and also to take some photos, it's really nice out there, only the very slightest of breezes, perfect riding weather, more of the same tomorrow, so I'll be back out then for a longish ride, I'll do a night ride later on as well, log for today:

Oct 8th (on mountain bike)

Top speed 27.9 mph (cycle path hill)
Avg speed = 14.6 mph
Distance = 20.34 miles
Time 01:23:09

Pulse before ride = 76 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 106 bpm's 7:29pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 94 bpm's 7:39pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 82 bpm's 7:49pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 86 bpm's 8:29pm

Miles on mountain bike = 2232.04

Total miles ridden = 2770.54

[edit]

Just in from my night ride, I went a slightly different way to add an extra hilly road in, and still managed to do a decent average speed over 15mph, that's better than when I do the usual flatter route, the forced rest from being ill must have done me some good, and the light wind helped as well, log for tonight:

Oct 8th (on mountain bike, 2nd ride of the day))

Top speed 26.4 mph (cycle path hill)
Avg speed = 15.1 mph
Distance = 15.03 miles
Time 59:38:4

Pulse before ride = 74 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 100 bpm's 11:17pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 88 bpm's 11:27pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 80 bpm's 11:37pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = (I'll edit it in later) bpm's 12:17am

Miles on mountain bike = 2247.07

Total miles ridden = 2785.57

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SP, I think you need to see a doc about your legs. As I see it your legs should be sore until they get use to it and you are certainly use to it. Yours are sore every time you ride and somethings not right. You could also be doing damage to whatever and need to check it out. That is an order! Smile I don't know anything about the pulse rate.

I'll have flowers with that. Wink

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Corona, sore legs is something I will just have to get used to, it will also be down to me being completely inactive for many years, and now using the legs again.

That was really hard going today, the head on wind at the start was worse than it was supposed to be, and despite having no pain prior to going out, after about half a mile, I was getting very bad pains on the inside of the top of the legs, that didn't ease up until I had gone about 8 miles, really annoying. I had planned on going out earlier in the day for a longer ride, but I hadn't been told until this morning that a parcel was arriving, so I had to wait in for that to be delivered, which finally got here at just after 5:00pm, meaning the whole day was wasted.

Due to the time I went out, all I could do was go to Pevensey, have a little ride around the area and then headed home, because of the headwind going over there, my average speed was down to a lowly 12.1mph, but it was a doddle coming back, though. I might give the night ride a miss tonight, not decided yet, and will probably be on the exercise bike tomorrow as the winds are back up again, log for today:

Oct 9th (on mountain bike)

Top speed 29.5 mph (cycle path hill)
Avg speed = 14.2 mph
Distance = 26.88 miles
Time 01:53:01

Pulse before ride = 62 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 102 bpm's 7:26pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 92 bpm's 7:36pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 84 bpm's 7:46pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 82 bpm's 8:26pm

Miles on mountain bike = 2273.95

Total miles ridden = 2812.45

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No riding again for the last 2 days, on the 10th, my legs were sore as hell, the soreness is never ending, any time I stand up and tense my leg muscles, it's sore, even if I have not ridden for a few days, the muscles don't seem to recover now.

I just couldn't be bothered to go out and ride on the 11th, no get up and go at all, I need to give myself a good kick as I am smoking more and more again, feeling breathless and getting lazy, the other half says I am losing interest in the bike, not quite, not sure what it is, I just don't feel as motivated all of a sudden. I did go out a couple of times today, just over to Pevensey with my loop round near Hooe and back, then my usual night ride where I pushed myself a bit harder, logs for today:

Oct 12th (on mountain bike)

Top speed 30.3 mph (Steep road near Hooe)
Avg speed = 14.5 mph
Distance = 30.09 miles
Time 02:03:54

Pulse before ride = 66 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 110 bpm's 6:32pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 96 bpm's 6:42pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 90 bpm's 6:52pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 82 bpm's 7:32pm

-----------------------------

Oct 12th (on mountain bike, 2nd ride of the day)

Top speed 26.5 mph (cycle path hill)
Avg speed = 15.2 mph
Distance = 14.66 miles
Time 57:29:7

Pulse before ride = 76 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 102 bpm's 11:11pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 84 bpm's 11:21pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 80 bpm's 11:31pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 74 bpm's 12:11am

Miles on mountain bike = 2318.70

Total miles ridden = 2857.20

FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Any updates, SP? Sad

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SP, How are you??? Confused

I'z a worry wart!

Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SP,

I know you thought I was joking in my post above, but I was serious. Your symptoms, especially the inability to sleep and the general physical malaise, are classic symptoms of overtraining.

I know, because I've had it before.

I urge you to check the link to see if any other symptoms match yours.

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A slight necro, doesn't seem worth starting a new topic for this as it's a continuation.

Been off the bike since October due to real life issuses etc, but it's time to start riding again, gently to begin with until I get back to full strength.

Had my ride tonight, my legs felt ok'ish, didn't feel as much strength in them as there used to be, but that will come back. Even though I took it fairly easy tonight, my lungs still feel absolutely shot, getting bad pains when I try to take a breath in, that's to be expected I suppose, it's going to take a little time getting my fitness back fully to where it was before, it just goes to show how much you can go to pot in such a short space of time without exercise.

My pulse is way up compared to after a ride a few months back. I had my blood pressure taken recently, it was 120/70 last time I had it taken some time back, but now it's 134/80, the doctor said that's still ok, but I did some Googling and got conflicting information, I mentioned that to her, but she assured me it was fine, log for tonight:

Mar 1st (on mountain bike)

Top speed 24.9 mph (cycle path hill)
Avg speed = 13.0 mph
Distance = 15.01 miles
Time 01:08:48

Pulse before ride = 72 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 108 bpm's 11:34pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 98 bpm's 11:44pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 92 bpm's 11:54pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 90 bpm's 12:34am

Miles on mountain bike = 2333.71

Total miles ridden = 2872.21

I'm very close to getting a new bike now, thinking along the lines of a Boardman Team 2008 or Boardman Pro 2008 if I can find one available at my local Halfords to try out first, failing that, it will have to be the 2009 Boardmans, or a Cube LTD Race 2009 , or at a long shot, the Cube Reaction K18 2009, that's if i can justify the price tag of the last one to myself, it is a class bike, though Cool

SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad you are back riding, SP. You'll be back in shape in a couple of months.... Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great to hear that you are back on the bike. I went riding last night and was going to give it a rest as its just about dusk. I'm going to turn on the headlight and give it a go tonight. Thanks for the inspiration.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic