SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Firefox 2.0.0.17 - major issue?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For those members who browse with Firefox and are still on version 2, I would urge caution before installing the latest update.

I tried to access the internet, to find that FF had updated itself (I had it set to auto update) and it promptly lost all of my saved passwords, overwrote my profile file, then crashed. It did this each time I tried to reboot and use a different profile.

It would appear from posts on the Mozilla forums that I'm not alone in this. There are some posts indicating that it may be an issue with FoxyProxy, although there are other indications that the problem may be more widespread.

All I can say is that I reverted back to 2.0.0.8 (the most recent I had on my HDD), retrieved the backups of my profiles from my auto backup drive and I was back on line with no issues. I then updated to 2.0.0.16 and FF is stable and running well.

Apologies if this has already been posted.

They must be laughing in Redmond tonight Mad

[Edited to add - I run XP Pro SP3]

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence

Last edited by Old No. 7 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:01 am; edited 2 times in total
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

running Firefox/3.0.2 no problems at all. (TG I wouldn't know what all my passwords were anyway)

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Auto updated to .17 with no problems. I run Vista. Really should get off my ass and upgrade to 3.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm using the latest version of FF with no issues as well.
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Both my machines auto updates in the last couple of days no probs.
XP -pro
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Strange. FF updated itself last evening and all of a sudden, FF was all gone, its desktop icon leading to nowhere.
Started IE and installed version 3 from scratch. Then it was all back as usual, + all the addons and bookmarks. Confused

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Version 3 ate my passwords and my bookmarks, and crashed my PC so much it corrupted Windows.

Everything was so screwed up, I bought a new pc and switched to Opera. No more problems.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
Everything was so screwed up, I bought a new pc and switched to Opera. No more problems.

Talk about drastic measures .. Did you change AC outlets as well? Laughing

FF 3.02 going steady over here, no hassle upgrading from 2.x

I do advise to export your bookmarks to an HTM file first (just in case), so you'd be able to import them manually if all goes wrong, and as for saved passwords you could make screen prints of those.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Lucifer The Dark
Master Baiter

Location: Blessing scammers with a shower of gold direct to the face

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been using FF3 since it was in Beta with no problems. I guess I'm just a jammy sod Wink

Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FrumpyBB wrote:
Strange. FF updated itself last evening and all of a sudden, FF was all gone, its desktop icon leading to nowhere.
Started IE and installed version 3 from scratch. Then it was all back as usual, + all the addons and bookmarks. Confused

Same exact thing happened to one of mine at home. I did exactly what you did and got the same result. I'm glad I found your post, because I was about to strangle the lovely wife thinking she did it........... Laughing Laughing
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happened to me too. I simply downloaded the 3.0.1 version of firefox and installed it over the current one. Then my passwords and everything was back again. It seems that the passwords are not deleted, but there is an issue with the format of the password file. See here: LINK

Quote:
the file format of password before Firefox 3.0.1 is save by ANSI.

so almost everyone save in ANSI..

BUT. BUT
Firefox 3.0.2 save by UTF-8

so...Firefox 3.0.2 read the old password file as the UTF-8 one.
they can't figure if the password an ANSI or UTF-8 one.

Solution:
open dictionary of your profile
almost everyone save it in
C:\Documents and Settings\**********\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
\Profiles\********.default

REMEMBER: Be sure backup the above file (signons3.txt )

open the signons3.txt by notepad
and save it into UTF-8 one and overwrite old one

password have recovery...happy surving the password.Razz.

Mod edit: formatted link to fix thread blowout -Ima

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Harry Bawls wrote:
... I was about to strangle the lovely wife thinking she did it........... Laughing Laughing

Shocked I would always blame "the whole internet", from Charles Babbage and Konrad Zuse up to Bill Gates Laughing

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Old No. 7 wrote:
For those members who browse with Firefox and are still on version 2, I would urge caution before installing the latest update.

I second that. Firefox update to 2.0.0.17 hosed my internet browser. After it restarted after installing the latest patch... the thing went dead on me. Unable to open any webpages... etc.

I had to uninstall and reinstall the default version of 2.0 to get web browsing back.

It was a headache. As for 3.0, I prefer the interface of 2.0. The newest 3.0 feels too much like IE 7. Laughing They look strikingly similar.

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
Just Jane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently downloaded FF 3.0 as an attempt to get away from IE. Funny thing is that have not found a way to log into Eater. No matter how many times I try to sign in with my password, the logon never takes. Any other place on the internets where I have a logon I have no problem. It's only on Eater. I have to use IE to read and post here.

Mortar x 18 Closed lad accounts x 64 United Kingdom Malaysia Senegal Liberian Flag United States China Nigeria Spain South Africa Togo Benin Ghana United Arab Emirates Germany cameroon pony Mc Fry Easter Egg
Winner of the Summer Challenge Prize August 2008
Pith Helmet - St4nley's Xmax Adventure - I am suppose to be your Lover and not your house lad. - St4nley
Golden Pith Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Cotonou to Lome x2, Cotonou/Lagos/Abuja/Yankari, Cotonou/Parakou, Lagos/Maiduguri, Lagos/Douala, Dakar/Gambia/Keyes - Hector w/ team Hectard
Safari Barack Obama Scammed - Benin-Lagos-Maiduguri 'Oh Shit' - Hon. M4rtins
Safari Cotonou/Lome - D Brown
Sand Timer Hector Sand Timer Dr David O
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@JJ : Did you set up FF to accept cookies from 419eater.com?

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Just Jane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Dutchbait: Thanks for that suggestion. I had cookies already enabled, so I went in to my cookies and deleted the ones in there from Eater. That solved my problem. Ugh, I knew it would be something stupid! Thanks again.

Mortar x 18 Closed lad accounts x 64 United Kingdom Malaysia Senegal Liberian Flag United States China Nigeria Spain South Africa Togo Benin Ghana United Arab Emirates Germany cameroon pony Mc Fry Easter Egg
Winner of the Summer Challenge Prize August 2008
Pith Helmet - St4nley's Xmax Adventure - I am suppose to be your Lover and not your house lad. - St4nley
Golden Pith Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Cotonou to Lome x2, Cotonou/Lagos/Abuja/Yankari, Cotonou/Parakou, Lagos/Maiduguri, Lagos/Douala, Dakar/Gambia/Keyes - Hector w/ team Hectard
Safari Barack Obama Scammed - Benin-Lagos-Maiduguri 'Oh Shit' - Hon. M4rtins
Safari Cotonou/Lome - D Brown
Sand Timer Hector Sand Timer Dr David O
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ good thinking. Corrupted cookies didn't even cross my mind yet. So you can deep-six IE now, that must be a relief Smile

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just installed v3.0.3, released September 26, 2008 and so far no trouble, It kept my eater PW Laughing

Edit: a few hours later, no trouble, fine and fast

Last edited by bill2 on Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Same here .. just upgraded, thanks Bill:

Quote:
What’s New in Firefox 3.0.3

Firefox 3.0.3 contains the following changes:

* Fixed a problem where users were unable to retrieve saved passwords or save new passwords (bug 454708)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic